Just a personal thank you...

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Bubba
Site Admin

Just a personal thank you...

Post by Bubba »

to everyone who posted, or sent PMs and e-mails this past week after my mom passed away. It was a difficult week, even if her death was no surprise, and the thoughts of friends made it a bit easier to handle. Thanks also to Junior who came to the funeral on Wednesday, and to TyDork, Bummy and the Gimpinator who paid Shivah calls on Wednesday evening and especially yesterday afternoon. The whole goyishe gang showing up yesterday provided some needed laughs, extra food (some of which came home with me - my aunt is diabetic!) along with making my cousin's daughter even more afraid of attempting skiing after seeing MtnMan's crutches and knee wrap.

I got back home this afternoon to cold, rainy, depressing weather and now I need to get back to normal. See a lot of you this coming weekend!
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Mtn Man
Guru Poster

Post by Mtn Man »

No problem, always try to provide a laugh when things are tough. Hope all is well with you and your family after the last day.

B)
Mmmmmm, sidecountry....
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Re: Just a personal thank you...

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Bubba wrote:to everyone who posted, or sent PMs and e-mails this past week after my mom passed away. It was a difficult week, even if her death was no surprise, and the thoughts of friends made it a bit easier to handle. Thanks also to Junior who came to the funeral on Wednesday, and to TyDork, Bummy and the Gimpinator who paid Shivah calls on Wednesday evening and especially yesterday afternoon. The whole goyishe gang showing up yesterday provided some needed laughs, extra food (some of which came home with me - my aunt is diabetic!) along with making my cousin's daughter even more afraid of attempting skiing after seeing MtnMan's crutches and knee wrap.

I got back home this afternoon to cold, rainy, depressing weather and now I need to get back to normal. See a lot of you this coming weekend!
Did you get to bring home the chocolates and the fruit? Would love to sample some more of those truffles this coming weekend.
Skibumtress
Whipping Post

Post by Skibumtress »

Bubba, no problem. I know this was a hard time for you... and hey, that's what friends are for right.... to help us get through some rough times.
This coming weekend will be very much needed for you I'm sure.

Time heals.
The memories stay with us whether they bring a smile to our face or a tear to our eye.

By the way, your Uncle is adorable and funny. What a great personality.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Skibumtress wrote:By the way, your Uncle is adorable and funny. What a great personality.
Adorable? The man is going to be 88 next week. I'm not sure adorable is the correct adjective. :lol: Too bad my aunt was hanging out in the kitchen and getting ready to go out for a long planned event that evening. She could tell you family stories.........

Thanks again for coming by.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe