Is it time to dissolve the House of Representatives?

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Looking for any info on this. Found this offhand opinion:
It might be possible. First, the president would have to order his justice department to indict and arrest for treason, etc., the members of congress who s/he feels are most odious. Then, the others, to avoid indictment and arrest, would have to vote to give the executive powers to dissolve the current congress. In the wake of this, the executive would declare a national emergency and impose Martial Law. The executive would then rule by executive order, as Obama did. With no congress to impede her/his actions, only the Supreme Court would stand in the way of total control. Since the congress would no longer exist, the executive could pack the court with individuals willing to do the executive’s bidding. Remember, the number of justices is not specified in the constitution. This situation could last until the next presidential election — maybe longer if the state of emergency persists.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Re: Is it time to dissolve the House of Representatives?

Post by Highway Star »

Should have been more clear. By dissolve, I mean chuck into a vat of acid.

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Crank of the House:

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/20 ... f-justice/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Pelosi: House To Introduce 'War Powers Resolution' To Limit Trump In Iran
seems like it...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Rez
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Rez »

We had 8 years of Obama taking out all kinds of terrorists without any Congressional approval and now Nancy wants to limit Trump because he actually gets a big prize. For the Democrats it's obstruct the President 24x7, no holds barred. Doesn't matter if it hurts the country. They see a President that actually gets things accomplished, stands up to our enemies. Economy going great, stock market booming, rising wages, everybody can get a job. Approval ratings rising. Gains in approval from blacks and hispanics. Desperate times call for desperate measures like fake collusion stories, fake impeachment allegations, histrionic responses to a terrorist being killed. If they thought they could get away it they'd organize a coup or have him assassinated and I'm sure even that's been discussed.