Friday 1/24/20 report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Friday 1/24/20 report

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Started off the Superstar Quad. Superstar skied fine early morning. Middle Ovation had been groomed and also skied fine. Old Superstar had some nice moguls but towards the bottom you had find your way around the rocks. Skyhawk skied well on the left side where there was some blown over snow from the Superstar headwall. Skylark skied pretty fast especially the bottom.

At Bear all the groomed runs skied well. Nobody was interested in doing an OL at the time of the morning.

Next stop was Needles where I really enjoyed Old Needles. On Thimble the snow was good but you had to watch out for the natural features. Cruise Control was good. Panic/Needle skied great too.

In the Canyon we found the ROTD which was lower Downdraft. We skied that multiple times. The first time we skied the icy moguls on middle Downdraft. After that we would ski upper Cascade and then lower Downdraft. Escapade had some interesting terrain once it drops down. Lower Cascade was not too bad either.

North Ridge, the groomed runs were skiing fine. We did not ski Ridge Run or Powerline because we figured they must still be thrashed as they were earlier in the week.

Off the Bubble, the groomers were skiing fine. I found some soft snow on the middle part of Mouse Trap. Upper Royal Flush skied well. Highline skied pretty well close to the freestyle area.

After a late lunch, went back and skied some of the stuff I either liked earlier or I had not skied. Low Road skied nicely. Old Bittersweet headwall also skied pretty well. Decided to take the Southridge quad to get back to the other side to end my day and found Pipedream to have a lot of ice between moguls. I really enjoyed doing another Cascade/Downdraft as my last run.