Fire at Grand Hotel

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Seacoaster
Bumper

Re: Fire at Grand Hotel

Post by Seacoaster »

I believe there was a follow up post from Mike, stating the fire may have been malicious and that they removed 5-6 wheel barrels of "unburned logs from the fireplace", 40-50 pieces...... I believe it also state a guest came forward as being responsible.....
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Seacoaster wrote:I believe there was a follow up post from Mike, stating the fire may have been malicious and that they removed 5-6 wheel barrels of "unburned logs from the fireplace", 40-50 pieces...... I believe it also state a guest came forward as being responsible.....
How could someone stuff 40-50 pieces of wood into a fireplace?
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

https://www.mynbc5.com/article/guests-e ... l/30661558#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

daytripper wrote:How could someone stuff 40-50 pieces of wood into a fireplace?
Hot Jenga!
ImageImageImageImage
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Seacoaster wrote:I believe there was a follow up post from Mike, stating the fire may have been malicious and that they removed 5-6 wheel barrels of "unburned logs from the fireplace", 40-50 pieces...... I believe it also state a guest came forward as being responsible.....
fvckin idiot...sb criminally liable...my insurance policy specifically prohibits solid fuel burning apparatus in my rentals for reasons just like this...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Seacoaster
Bumper

Post by Seacoaster »

madhatter wrote:
fvckin idiot...sb criminally liable...my insurance policy specifically prohibits solid fuel burning apparatus in my rentals for reasons just like this...
Exactly, I also feel like in general the entire resort could benefit a bit more from surveillance camera's. In this case, my general reference is that the wood is all kept just outside the doors heading toward the patio, that would take a number of trips in and out at a time the lobby area is super quiet(3am+_)
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

I'd never imagine MIke making such a statement...where does Seacoaster imagine her actually read such an article?
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

yiddle on da fiddle wrote:I'd never imagine MIke making such a statement...where does Seacoaster imagine her actually read such an article?
https://www.mynbc5.com/article/guests-e ... l/30661558#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

How much wood can a wood chuck chuck?

Fire on the mountain...
Where is Happy Hour ?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

daytripper wrote:
yiddle on da fiddle wrote:I'd never imagine MIke making such a statement...where does Seacoaster imagine her actually read such an article?
oooh, burn...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

I stand totally corrected here. Nothing like weekend warriors...and Yeagermeister.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

40 - 50 logs? Sounds like criminal intent. I'm sure that idiot is not having a good day today.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
da Pimp
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by da Pimp »

By any chance did they also stay at the old Stone Hut atop Stowe recently? With a last name of Burton?
Seacoaster
Bumper

Post by Seacoaster »

As a side note, I do not tend to speculate, I position my statements not as fact, but they are based in direct knowledge.

It was the main fireplace out in front of Prestons, hence the ability to add so many logs, I have heard the guys were trashed and literally sat there loading it, sat back and cracked a beer whilst watching it. Such a sad state of society IMO.
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Seacoaster wrote:
As a side note, I do not tend to speculate, I position my statements not as fact, but they are based in direct knowledge.

It was the main fireplace out in front of Prestons, hence the ability to add so many logs, I have heard the guys were trashed and literally sat there loading it, sat back and cracked a beer whilst watching it. Such a sad state of society IMO.

Looks like they will be changing it to gas for next year.....
Where is Happy Hour ?