Saturday 03/07/2020 Report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Saturday 03/07/2020 Report

Post by Captain Hafski »

Mid-Day Report: What a nice weekend day. Had to layer up a bit for the somewhat cold temps, but bluebird sunny day, all lifts running pretty good [except for lift line management on SD6], and decent skiing conditions, especially if you like it skiing fast. Some areas softened up a bit in the later day sun.

ROTD: Stitchline. Decent cover and pretty firm, but very skiable and a treat. Skied this early [for me] in the day and noted it had quite a bit of traffic on it, so probably scratchier as the day wore on.

In the Needle's Eye area, Thimble, Needles Eye [right], and middle Vertigo were all good. Same for Bittersweet -> Low Road combo to get back over to Supe.

Pipe Dream was starting to soften up and was good on the side. Dream Maker was very good on top and starting to soften up on the bottom. At Bear, Wildfire was nothing special but Bear Claw / Lower Skyeburst was really good, with a few guns and some bumps on the lower pitch. O.L looked pretty firm.

Double Dipper in the canyon was very good. On Snowdon, Vagabond served up some fine eastern skiing and Highline was also pretty good. Across the base lodge, Old Supe and Supe under the guns were good as well.

Run back down to Rte 4 on Home Stretch was good except for the last pitch before it joins with G.E. Pretty icy there. Then, lots of deep beach sand at the 180 turn near the bottom.

All in all a great day out there and I am sure the weekend masses had to be pretty pleased.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!