NSR: DOW -2,352.60, -9.99%

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: NSR: DOW -2,352.60, -9.99%

Post by deadheadskier »

madhatter wrote:
right now it's up to everyone " to do everything in your power" to prevent getting or spreading this...we can all VOLUNTARILY QUARANTINE...
There are two very obvious reasons why this will not happen at the level we need in this country during pandemics. Care to hazard a guess what those two reasons are?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:
madhatter wrote:
right now it's up to everyone " to do everything in your power" to prevent getting or spreading this...we can all VOLUNTARILY QUARANTINE...
There are two very obvious reasons why this will not happen at the level we need in this country during pandemics. Care to hazard a guess what those two reasons are?
ummm cuz people like you are are incapable of taking the appropriate action w/o being told what to do?
as always those people will sit around waiting for their gov masters to "save" them...

and as always you have virtually nothing to add to the conversation... :seeya
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

madhatter wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:
madhatter wrote:
ummm cuz people like you are are incapable of taking the appropriate action w/o being told what to do?
as always those people will sit around waiting for their gov masters to "save" them...

You are completely out of touch with reality.

Try again
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:
madhatter wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:
madhatter wrote:

Try again
again you have nothing to add to the conversation...please do us all a favor, contract coronavirus and die...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

madhatter wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:
madhatter wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:
madhatter wrote:

Try again
again you have nothing to add to the conversation...please do us all a favor, contract coronavirus and die...
That's really nice of you hatter

I'll ask a third time, what are two really obvious reasons why we won't see the level of self quarantine needed during a pandemic in the US? Come on champ, I know critical thinking isn't your strong suit, but this is a really simple concept to understand.

As for me? I'm doing everything in my power to minimize exposure for me and my family. There are limitations to what I can do though. Next week I'm actually installing new technology in an ICU and ED. The exact tech needed for taking care of patients with illnesses such as Coronavirus.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:
madhatter wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:
madhatter wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:

Try again
That's really nice of you hatter

I'll ask a third time, what are two really obvious reasons why we won't see the level of self quarantine needed during a pandemic in the US? Come on champ, I know critical thinking isn't your strong suit, but this is a really simple concept to understand.

As for me? I'm doing everything in my power to minimize exposure for me and my family. There are limitations to what I can do though. Next week I'm actually installing new technology in an ICU and ED. The exact tech needed for taking care of patients with illnesses such as Coronavirus.
enlighten us with your brilliance... :roll: cuz from where i sit not contracting coronavirus takes precedent over everything else...I don't need anyone to tell me that...seems like you do...

if you imagine you have some valuable input here feel free to spew it...seems to me you are unwilling to do what is needed unless you are forced to...and even then I get the feeling that you will "overrule" that in favor of what you imagine you have to do...you are the only thing stopping you from self quarantining... and that's the bottom line...
mach es sehr schnell

deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Holy crap are you dense and again completely out of touch with reality.

The two very obvious reasons not enough Americans will self quarantine during a pandemic are

1. Tens of millions of Americans don't have paid sick days or FML should they contract a severe illness. A huge amount of them are going to keep going to work and hope for the best putting everyone else at risk. This is true for the common flu, nevermind a serious disease like Covid-19.

2. The vast majority of people's insurance is tied to their employment. People are hesitant to miss too much work even for illness in fear of losing their job and hence their benefits.

This is reality and how tens of millions of Americans live. Almost every other high wealth nation in the world does not have this problem. They have sick days, FML and insurance not tied to employment.

As for your retarded comment about "having to be told what to do?" That has little to nothing to do with things. Though someone living in a bubble in Gaysville VT might think it is.

As for me personally? I work in healthcare and supply the exact tools the doctors need to battle this. I'm not exactly someone you want sitting on the sidelines when sh*t hits the fan like this. Hospitals would be totally screwed without companies like mine.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:Holy crap are you dense and again completely out of touch with reality.

The two very obvious reasons not enough Americans will self quarantine during a pandemic are

1. Tens of millions of Americans don't have paid sick days or FML should they contract a severe illness. A huge amount of them are going to keep going to work and hope for the best putting everyone else at risk. This is true for the common flu, nevermind a serious disease like Covid-19.

2. The vast majority of people's insurance is tied to their employment. People are hesitant to miss too much work even for illness in fear of losing their job and hence their benefits.

This is reality and how tens of millions of Americans live. Almost every other high wealth nation in the world does not have this problem. They have sick days, FML and insurance not tied to employment.

As for your retarded comment about "having to be told what to do?" That has little to nothing to do with things. Though someone living in a bubble in Gaysville VT might think it is.

As for me personally? I work in healthcare and supply the exact tools the doctors need to battle this. I'm not exactly someone you want sitting on the sidelines when sh*t hits the fan like this. Hospitals would be totally screwed without companies like mine.
I was never going to answer your ridiculous question...your "obvious" reasons are " no one gives a fvck about anyone but themselves" ...for a guy who insists on telling me what I need to do for "the greater good" it's plainly obvious that when it comes right down to it you are going to do whatever the fvck you want...

yer the guy who insisted there was never going to be any huge market meltdown, never going to be any widespread issue that would cause people to need to isolate or quarantine, never going to be a SHTF moment here...it was all folly for you to ridicule...to me it was always a remote possibility...sorry if you were too oblivious to plan accordingly...I'm sure your snark will more than make up for that...

and while your industry might be "mission critical" the vast majority of people are not involved in anything even remotely close to mission critical...

but rest assured many of them will refuse to comply with any kind of quarantine or travel restrictions putting those who are mission critical and the rest of the public at greater risk...this was obvious during irene....half the town buckled down, made sacrifices and pitched in to help...the rest of the town treated it as an adventure and ignored rules and curfews and basically just did whatever the fvkc they wanted...good luck to anyone in a populated area when that comes around...
mach es sehr schnell

deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Who said I haven't planned accordingly?

As for the Market meltdown? When did I ever say it couldn't happen? The answer is never. What I did say was I thought you were being a sky is falling fatalist back in say 2011 when for like two years you were telling folks to buy gold and stock up on guns because a crash was imminent and all hell would break loose because Obama was in office. You were quite mistaken on that one weren't you champ.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:Who said I haven't planned accordingly?

As for the Market meltdown? When did I ever say it couldn't happen? The answer is never. What I did say was I thought you were being a sky is falling fatalist back in say 2011 when for like two years you were telling folks to buy gold and stock up on guns because a crash was imminent and all hell would break loose because Obama was in office. You were quite mistaken on that one weren't you champ.
better 10 years too early than one day too late...that's the thing about insurance policies, you carry them for many years and hope to never need them...enjoy your snark...
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

hmm CDC says stay home and voluntarily quarantine...seems I heard that somewhere else recently...
mach es sehr schnell