Mistergiff
Black Carver

Re: Hermitage to be liquidated

Post by Mistergiff »

Mister Moose wrote:
Dickc wrote: Barnstormer: Vertical 1,181 Length 5,450 Towers: 22
Ramshead Quad: Vertical 1,073 Length 5,499

Just sayin.
Seriously doubt Killington purchases that lift. Wouldn't it complicate their lift ops to have one random Dopplemayer lift at a resort that pretty much only uses Leitner - Poma lifts?
Finn
Postaholic

Post by Finn »

Hermitage is the former Haystack mountain. It was a fun place to ski.
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

Identifies one of the bidders:

https://www.reformer.com/stories/potent ... ied,594866" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
Humpty Dumpty
Post Office

Post by Humpty Dumpty »

Finn wrote:Hermitage is the former Haystack mountain. It was a fun place to ski.
Thanks captian obvious.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Humpty Dumpty wrote:
Finn wrote:Hermitage is the former Haystack mountain. It was a fun place to ski.
Thanks captian obvious.
Yeah that's sad .. but not unexpected :roll:

Sadder still is the name of the stalking bidder seeking the ownership stake.
A rainmaker and a geezer :lol:

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

jimmywilson69 wrote:I think this was discussed somewhere at sometime, but technically the upper Ramshead terrain is not off limits by any permit or the state, right?
It is still Killington controlled land, but who knows what kind of hurdles they would have to jump through to get it re-permitted and how it would interfere with the existing Interconnect permit. Also see here:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=45397&p=640749&hili ... ct#p640749" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They could bargain in the permitting process to skip the upper Rams Head side Interconnect lift, though this would greatly interfere with the practicality of the lower Rams Head IC lift and it's additional access road parking, though the middle IC lift with its advanced pitch terrain would be OK.

https://anrweb.vt.gov/PubDocs/ANR/Plann ... 20Plan.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You could run a lower IC lift from the road up high enough to give access to Caper, that would cover a good chunk of terrain, but it would be an expensive detach lift (or the existing RH lift relocated) and flood Caper with even more people.

You could in theory use one long lift from the road to the ridge line instead of the 2 RH IC lifts and the middle lift, that would provide adequate access to the steeper terrain in the middle, with a run out similar to the Canyon.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

I MADE A MAP
Attachments
IC 2020.jpg
IC 2020.jpg (727.6 KiB) Viewed 1954 times

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Post by ME2VTSkier »

So, the RH4 goes back to the top of Ramshead, according to that...
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

ME2VTSkier wrote:So, the RH4 goes back to the top of Ramshead, according to that...
Yep, then one new IC lift top to bottom on the kton side. I like it. You don't have the pod style layout of the ASC era design but get coverage of that whole basin. You could even traverse out to little Pico and ski back to the runout.

SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

Purchased by the home owners for $8 Million. Includes the lifts
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Post by ME2VTSkier »

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Purchase by owners complete.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states ... -286700865" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Bubba wrote:Purchase by owners complete.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states ... -286700865" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Who would have thought having your own private ski area would be so expensive? :shock:

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Highway Star wrote:
Bubba wrote:Purchase by owners complete.

Who would have thought having your own private ski area would be so expensive? :shock:
it was unknowable....
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....