K-mart bike sale

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Bling Skier
Postinator

K-mart bike sale

Post by Bling Skier »

Geoff the sound a cat make as it coughs up a hairball.
Ski-N-Sail
Wanted Poster

Post by Ski-N-Sail »

They are selling these bikes for $800, what do they cost new?
mogulmouse
Powderhound

Post by mogulmouse »

Man what pieces of sh*t. Atleast they dont have that stupid head shock but the black elite isnt much better even though i'm sure thing it is. Mechanical discs.... what a poor settup. They're obviously parted together from whats left to make complete "settups". It would be scary going top to bottom on one of those as fast as i like heh. no travel etc.

NO NOT worth IT , not for $850
Clutch
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Clutch »

The MSRP was 1250, they have the stock spec. I'd say they might be worth it if you could verify "light" use. But definietely not worth it sight unseen.

You can check the reviews here
http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/Freeride_Fu ... 3179.shtml
robrules
Poster Child Poster

Post by robrules »

My jeckyll was like $1800 new, but that was the first year it came out. After use for strictly downhill by people who don't own the bike, $850 is questionable, but you would have to look at the bike to see what condition it is in, whether or not its all dinged up from crashes, no frame buckles or cracked paint at the joints, and judge against the price of a new one.

And as far as downhill on this thing because of the lack of travel. Its not the bike, but its the rider that makes the difference. I rode one day at Mount Blow when they had the Grundig comps there and I blew past guys who were competing on full suspension bikes on my steel framed hardtail w/ crappy bottom of line rock schock -and no toe straps or click ins.

For everyday use, I prefer the Cannondale headshock due to low/no maintenance and the lack of fork flex when applying brakes or going around corners. Unless you are competing in downhill races, there is really no need for 4" travel on forks and shocks. In my experience people who get bikes like that are usually poseurs - I'm not saying mogulmouse is- I don't know how he rides.
Eski
Postaholic

Post by Eski »

I know he loves to pose with his bongs!
mogulmouse
Powderhound

Post by mogulmouse »

njdirt.com