The Contender

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Bella
Green Skidder

The Contender

Post by Bella »

Did anyone happen to catch the 2 hour finale of The Contender? If not, you missed out! If you like Boxing it's a great show and I believe there will be another season coming soon. :wink:
Vinny Vincenzo
Wanted Poster

Post by Vinny Vincenzo »

Yeah I saw it. Sergio Mora vs. Peter. Sergio is the man. He rocked his world. Peter never went down though. Give him credit.

Bella
Green Skidder

Post by Bella »

Vinny Vincenzo wrote:Yeah I saw it. Sergio Mora vs. Peter. Sergio is the man. He rocked his world. Peter never went down though. Give him credit.

Sergio may have won, but I really wanted Manifreddo to win. How could he have lost he is World ranked! Oh well, it was one hell of a fight. The first fight was pretty good, once again though the underdog fighter won!
TacklingSnowmenSteve
Black Carver

Post by TacklingSnowmenSteve »

I really wanted to watch it.. it was a great show.. it was like watching a rocky movie every week.. I hope there is another season... although the ratings were not all that great :cry:
It's my duty to please your booty.... ~Shaft
subdude
Black Carver

Re: The Contender

Post by subdude »

Bella wrote:Did anyone happen to catch the 2 hour finale of The Contender? If not, you missed out! If you like Boxing it's a great show and I believe there will be another season coming soon. :wink:
NBC announced last month that they cancelled the show for next season due to poor ratings. Only way the show comes back is if another network picks it up.
W.F.O
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

BTW, did anyone happen to catch the Brewster Golota fight last Saturday? Golota sucked - I was yelling at the TV for him to back away from Brewster, but he didnt' have any strategy at all, just stayed with him. Sorry AndyZ I guess the Polska fans will have to wait another 100 years for their great white hope.

Brewster OTOH is quite the gentleman. Not sure how that flies with the "baddest man on the planet" mystique... Time will tell.

I long for the days when Tyson was coming up. That was just so exciting to see a 20 year old unify the heavyweight boxing world.
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
Bella
Green Skidder

Re: The Contender

Post by Bella »

subdude wrote:
Bella wrote:Did anyone happen to catch the 2 hour finale of The Contender? If not, you missed out! If you like Boxing it's a great show and I believe there will be another season coming soon. :wink:
NBC announced last month that they cancelled the show for next season due to poor ratings. Only way the show comes back is if another network picks it up.

What's up with that?!? Television networks are cancelling all the good shows.