The Flag is in a Better Spot, But no quite right yet....

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

SPORE
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

The Flag is in a Better Spot, But no quite right yet....

Post by SPORE »

1/2 Game ahead and the flag moves 2nd in from the left...... Took long enough but it is almost where it belongs.. Gonna be an interesting weekend!

GO YANKEES!!!!
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

After the luxary Tax was figured in last season,it was almost $300 million for THE BIGGEST CHOKE IN SPORTS HISTORY
$235 Million already spent this season and the Yankee fans finally have something to celebrate!
What you ask ? Being CLOSE TO FIRST PLACE at the halfway point this season!

GEESH,You Yankee fans are graspin for anything :lol:

Remember the Yankees payroll is double+ triple every other team in Baseball.The Yankees are supposed to win.
For that kind of jingle$your not the freakin underdog :lol:
BrockVond
Powderhound

Post by BrockVond »

Atomic1 wrote:
$235 Million already spent this season and the Yankee fans finally have something to celebrate!

Remember the Yankees payroll is double+ triple every other team in Baseball.The Yankees are supposed to win.
Sox fans already busy diminishing expectations this season. Typical.

They have the same mentality they've always had. And with good reason.
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

look, the yankees may have choked last season, but how many times have Boston blown it? And the yankees always start slow because
1) new players on the roster
2) Torre likes to play with the lineup until he finds something that works well...which is what we are seeing now.....

The Yankees are now playing like the Yankees..8 and 2 in the last ten
and the Red Sox are playing like the Red Sox....3 and 7 in the last ten

all in all though, think about this..in the last seven seasons, the Yankees and the Red Sox have finished regular season in First and Second place respectively
SPORE
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by SPORE »

Atomic1 wrote:After the luxary Tax was figured in last season,it was almost $300 million for THE BIGGEST CHOKE IN SPORTS HISTORY

I would really love to see where you get all your information from...

Last time I checked a baseball season was 162 games. 47 games have been played so far, please check your math.

Almost $300 million for last season? There starting salary was $184 million. I can't really think of any hugh names they acquired at the trade deadline last year to increase their salary, but i know there are probably some. Add the luxary tax of $30 million and maybe your at $230 million with some trades.

Geesh, Sox's fans must be starting to scramble already consider they didn't even make it to the all-star break this year before things started to unravel.. :shock:

Anyhow should be an interesting weekend.. :D