NSR: Corona Virus - You Can Start Panicking Now

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: NSR: Corona Virus - You Can Start Panicking Now

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:
madhatter wrote:
as far as under-reporting the number of deaths FROM COVID? far more likely there is a an over-reporting...there is a big difference in dying WITH COVID and dying FROM COVID...
That's a tough one with no universally accepted answer.

Happens every day with all sorts of disease states.

Does a person with COPD who contracts a common cold resulting in pneumonia get called dead from COPD or pneumonia?

Huge percentage of deaths involve comorbidities, so which do you choose when listing cause of death?
whichever makes the orange man look even "more" bad...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

madhatter wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:
madhatter wrote:
as far as under-reporting the number of deaths FROM COVID? far more likely there is a an over-reporting...there is a big difference in dying WITH COVID and dying FROM COVID...

Does a person with COPD who contracts a common cold resulting in pneumonia get called dead from COPD or pneumonia?

Huge percentage of deaths involve comorbidities, so which do you choose when listing cause of death?
Lotta people having routine cancer care paused recently because of this. Screenings, checkups etc. My sister in-law would be one of those people. Some it literally could shorten life. Maybe they'll get counted in the final tally without even having a test!

End of the day, I have very little energy or concern about theatrics and politics getting wrapped into all of this from either side. It's pretty insignificant to me. I'm just focused on keeping my family safe, coaching loved ones to do the same by sharing whatever information I glean from industry people I deal with and looking forward to people just getting back to normal life.

The orange man, the media and all else matters very little to me in the here and now. Don't have a whole lotta interest in MMQB on the other side either.

Overall, it's been basically a cathartic experience for me. A purge of the pervasive BS of "normal life" and just focusing on the really important stuff.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Yet another thing to be terrified of - beaches. :roll:

https://www.latimes.com/california/stor ... os-angeles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:
madhatter wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:
madhatter wrote:

Lotta people having routine cancer care paused recently because of this. Screenings, checkups etc. My sister in-law would be one of those people. Some it literally could shorten life. Maybe they'll get counted in the final tally without even having a test!

End of the day, I have very little energy or concern about theatrics and politics getting wrapped into all of this from either side. It's pretty insignificant to me. I'm just focused on keeping my family safe, coaching loved ones to do the same by sharing whatever information I glean from industry people I deal with and looking forward to people just getting back to normal life.

The orange man, the media and all else matters very little to me in the here and now. Don't have a whole lotta interest in MMQB on the other side either. it's the tomorrow that should concern you and everyone else...)

Overall, it's been basically a cathartic experience for me. A purge of the pervasive BS of "normal life" and just focusing on the really important stuff.yeah there's something to be said for being a "hermit" in gaysville living in a "bunker"... :D :Toast
regardless, the politics of this are front and center every day...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

https://twitter.com/progressiveact/stat ... -cities%2F" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rush hour april 2
mach es sehr schnell

jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

that sucks...

There is no other way for most people to get around NYC without that sort of transportation. Sure you could walk...
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA - 31

Ski Visits in VT -12

Ski Visits in NY - 1

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
DES
Slalom Racer

Post by DES »

That is depressing, and I'm only looking at a picture, I can't even imagine actually entering the door at a stop. So yes, I would walk/skateboard/scooter/bike/crawl instead if at all possible.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

a stunning foto. as someone who lived there 30 yrs, worked there 40 yrs - been there, done that. that was the rush hour commute. surprised in the current situation to see that, given that all non-essential businesses are supposedly shut down. have to assume no one is traveling if they don't have to. perhaps the train had been delayed (which happened often) because of some mechanical issue. hoping that's an anomaly or fake news because that can't possibly be going on now. other fotos show times square a ghost town. inexplicable ...
Last edited by skiadikt on Apr 8th, '20, 08:40, edited 1 time in total.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

That photo is proof that we are never getting out of this mess.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

for the record, here's 2 fotos taken by a friend, this past friday at peak of rush hour 7th ave north & south approaching the holland tunnel. would be a parking lot at that hour.
barrow2.jpg
barrow2.jpg (426.17 KiB) Viewed 615 times
barrow1.jpg
barrow1.jpg (429.68 KiB) Viewed 615 times
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

times square & 5th ave now ...
bwy.png
bwy.png (776.83 KiB) Viewed 655 times
5th.png
5th.png (939.26 KiB) Viewed 655 times
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

skiadikt wrote:times square & 5th ave now ...
bwy.png
5th.png
https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALe ... ent=psy-ab" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Search Results
Web results

Packed Subway Trains Worry Essential Workers - NY1.comwww.ny1.com › nyc › all-boroughs › news › 2020/04/01 › mta-subw...
Apr 1, 2020 - Fewer trains means more crowded trains as the city's essential workers pack the subway cars that are still running. ... Our Journalists · LIVE UPDATESThe latest on coronavirus from NYC and beyond ... “You can see there's a lot of essential workers on the train and it's been horrifying," Ramirez told NY1.

Coronavirus NYC: Social distancing is not happening on the ...abc7ny.com › overcrowded-subway-train-nyc-social-distancing-coron...
7 days ago - Alarming videos of subway riders in close quarters spark outrage and questions ... We are aware that there have been sporadic reports of riders unable to maintain ... Train stations are still packed with people #NYC #Bronx ...

Some in N.Y.C. Can't Afford to Quarantine. So They Brave the ...www.nytimes.com › nyregion › coronavirus-mta-subway-riders
Mar 30, 2020 - As the coronavirus pandemic has all but shut down New York City, its subway ... to break up parties, subway stations in poorer neighborhoods are still bustling, ... “Just look at these subway cars, they're still crowded,” she said.

Shocking picture shows New York train packed with mask ...www.dailymail.co.uk › news › article-8183545 › Shocking-picture-sh...
5 days ago - A sign on the walls of the New York City subway station tells people to '. +15 ... the subway is reportedly still being used by those who feel they ...

Some New Yorkers riding crowded subway ... - Fox 5 NYwww.fox5ny.com › news › some-new-yorkers-riding-crowded-subway-...
3 days ago - Some New Yorkers riding crowded subway commutes during coronavirus pandemic. Published 1 ... Despite social distancing guidelines, some New Yorkers still riding crowded subway trains. Despite ... It is FREE! Download ...

Video shows crowded subway amid spike in MTA sick callsnypost.com › 2020/03/24 › coronavirus-in-nyc-subway-cut-backs-lea...
Mar 24, 2020 - The MTA has had to roll back service as it loses workers to the ... Coronavirus in NYC: Subway service cutbacks lead to packed commute ... who filmed her packed 4 train headed into Manhattan from the Bronx at around 5:35 a.m. ... you may still see advertising and we may continue to share personal ...

De Blasio vows crackdown on subway riders who aren't social ...nypost.com › 2020/03/30 › de-blasio-vows-crackdown-on-subway-ri...
Mar 30, 2020 - De Blasio vows crackdown on subway riders who aren't social distancing ... a message from the weekend that “too many people are still taking the train. ... NYC health officials clash on use of anti-malarial drug to treat coronavirus ... “Trains should not be this packed, but they are because you have cut down ...

Subway & Bus Riders Face Dangerously Crowded Conditions ...gothamist.com › subway-bus-coronavirus-covid-19-crowded-mta
Mar 30, 2020 - Riders on a crowded 4 train from the Bronx into Manhattan on Monday ... New Yorkers who still rely on mass transit to get to their essential jobs.
mach es sehr schnell

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

sad & troubling ... sounds like reduced subway service is the culprit because the streets are empty. unfortunately these essential workers have to get to work. sadly if they keep that up, there's gonna be a lot fewer of them.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

skiadikt wrote:sad & troubling ... sounds like reduced subway service is the culprit because the streets are empty. unfortunately these essential workers have to get to work. sadly if they keep that up, there's gonna be a lot fewer of them.
yup... I don't have an answer...glad my life doesn't involve the use of public transportation...gondola sux bad enough, but at least it's pretty much voluntary/optional....
mach es sehr schnell

SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Biden adviser, ObamaCare architect Zeke Emanuel says US should 'prepare' for coronavirus measures to last 18 months

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden- ... -18-months
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.