Tatoos Anyone?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

jhatski
Blue Chatterbox

I have a cool tatoo

Post by jhatski »

I have a tatoo of the recipe of the special herbs and spices that go into making the original recipe of Kentucky Fried Chicken right on my gut. I think there are a lot of people that want to keep the "special recipe" a secret because every time I take off my shirt and reveal the recipe tatoo everyone suggests I put my shirt back on. Such dedication to the Colonel.
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

Dr. NO wrote:
BigKahuna13 wrote:
daytripper wrote:I wouldnt even put my wife on my body, but If I have children I might have them inked on me,
Might be tough to have kiddies if you never let your wife on your body......
:D

I love people who get Kanji characters tattoed on their body's. Most apparently pick them 'cause they like the way they look but they have no idea what they actually mean. Seen people with the stupidest sh*t tattoed on them.

Sort of like a non-English speaker getting "I'm an asshole" tattooed on his arm cause he likes the way the letters look.
Best part of stupid Kanji "characters" is that by themselves they have sound but no actual meaning. Really dumb to have only part of a phrase, like \\ without a ^ above or something.
Minor nit Doc, but all Kanji have a meaning. What you're probably thinking of are compounds where the individual kanji's pronounciation determine how you say the compound, but their individual meanings have nothing to do with the overall meaning of the compound.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

backintoit
Green Skidder

Post by backintoit »

BigKahuna13 wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:
BigKahuna13 wrote:
daytripper wrote:I wouldnt even put my wife on my body, but If I have children I might have them inked on me,
Might be tough to have kiddies if you never let your wife on your body......
:D

I love people who get Kanji characters tattoed on their body's. Most apparently pick them 'cause they like the way they look but they have no idea what they actually mean. Seen people with the stupidest sh*t tattoed on them.

Sort of like a non-English speaker getting "I'm an asshole" tattooed on his arm cause he likes the way the letters look.
Best part of stupid Kanji "characters" is that by themselves they have sound but no actual meaning. Really dumb to have only part of a phrase, like \\ without a ^ above or something.
Minor nit Doc, but all Kanji have a meaning. What you're probably thinking of are compounds where the individual kanji's pronounciation determine how you say the compound, but their individual meanings have nothing to do with the overall meaning of the compound.

Well said.

And that being said, I have a kanji tat on my shoulder. I selected it because of it's meaning. I wasn't going to have the english word put on me.
Bella
Green Skidder

Re: Tatoos Anyone?

Post by Bella »

Stormin_Aussie wrote:Just wondering if anyone on this board has been inked? And to keep it ski-related still some snow peaking through the clouds on Superstar.

Yes, I've been inked.....4 times!
Hal U. Dewin
Tree Psycho

Post by Hal U. Dewin »

Bella wrote:
Stormin_Aussie wrote:Just wondering if anyone on this board has been inked? And to keep it ski-related still some snow peaking through the clouds on Superstar.

Yes, I've been boinked.....4 times!
that's it?

is that you in your pic?

that's like once every 10 years or so...
Hal U. Dewin
Tree Psycho

Post by Hal U. Dewin »

KrisSkis wrote:
Hal U. Dewin wrote:
KrisSkis wrote:
tyrolean_skier wrote:
Personally I don't like them. As someone else has already stated some people that had them done have come to regret that decision in later years especially if they had the name of their then girlfriend/boyfriend in that tatoo.
I got inked for the first time last year. I agree with Ty abouty having a guys/girls name on your body forever...so i designed my own and had my childrens names put on my skin...they are forever...my husband...you never know :D I would love to get another one...but dont know where on my body or of what i want. I love them...love tats on guys as well as girls...as long as their body isnt plastered with them...3 or 4 or even 5 is ok...anything more is crazy...i will post a picture of my tat in the gallery that was taken when i first got it...it definately looks much better now that the redness is gone...BTW...they hurt like a bastard going on...but its like labor...you forget the pain :D
why don't you start a trend and get one on your lower back or something...

you seem like totally the coors light/bud can kind of chick, I can totally see you putting tributes to your kids and crap all over your body...
you are an ass...did anyone ever tell you that? now go away.

actually yes, Pedro did last night....

classy sig over on the other board:

"F*ck Utah...bla bla bla

Nuuuh iiice...
Stormin_Aussie
Bumper

Post by Stormin_Aussie »

tyrolean_skier wrote:
Personally I don't like them. As someone else has already stated some people that had them done have come to regret that decision in later years especially if they had the name of their then girlfriend/boyfriend in that tatoo.
Yeah, forget the boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife thing... However, family is forever.... That is why I opted for all my past and present names of furkids with pictures and of course hearts for Mom,Dad and sister.
FAMILY Stands for:
Father
And
Mother
I
Love
You

Have a great day! It is sunny here at the Big K-Mart finally but I am at work counting the days until I get the heck out of here and go to the beach!!!
Bella
Green Skidder

Post by Bella »

Hal U. Dewin wrote:
Bella wrote:

that's it?

is that you in your pic?

What's wrong with my pic?
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Bella wrote:
Hal U. Dewin wrote:
Bella wrote:

that's it?

is that you in your pic?

Did Bella post a picture of herself with the tatoos. Did I miss it?
Ski-N-Sail
Wanted Poster

Post by Ski-N-Sail »

tyrolean_skier wrote:
Bella wrote:
Hal U. Dewin wrote:
Bella wrote:

that's it?

is that you in your pic?

No, there is just a regular shot of her in the gallery.

Bella
Green Skidder

Post by Bella »

tyrolean_skier wrote:
Bella wrote:
Hal U. Dewin wrote:
Bella wrote:

that's it?

is that you in your pic?

No pics with the tats! Sorry.