Bubbafest05

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

tyrolean_skier wrote:Bubba insisted that I post something to keep up my post count. We are having a great time at Bubbafest. The kids are having a blast in the pool.

Hiked to the top of Superstar this morning and enjoyed a run down on the snow that is left. There was more snow yesterday - yesterday's sun and last night's r*in did some damage to the middle section of Superstar. There is still snow left on Skylark as well. We hike up lower Skylark and then head over to Superstar and then hike over to Superstar on the lower crossover and then we hike up from there on Superstar until just below the upper headwall. At that point we hike up Launch Pad and then Nivis Walk and then hike a short distance down to the snow. Pictures were taken by various people and will probably be posted sometime this week.

were you folks the only ones hiking & skiing this weekend? how was the snow?
spoiled South American skiin' whore
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

skiadikt wrote:
tyrolean_skier wrote:Bubba insisted that I post something to keep up my post count. We are having a great time at Bubbafest. The kids are having a blast in the pool.

Hiked to the top of Superstar this morning and enjoyed a run down on the snow that is left. There was more snow yesterday - yesterday's sun and last night's r*in did some damage to the middle section of Superstar. There is still snow left on Skylark as well. We hike up lower Skylark and then head over to Superstar and then hike over to Superstar on the lower crossover and then we hike up from there on Superstar until just below the upper headwall. At that point we hike up Launch Pad and then Nivis Walk and then hike a short distance down to the snow. Pictures were taken by various people and will probably be posted sometime this week.

The snow was absolutely great on Saturday when the sun was shining on it. The other two days it was a little lunar because it had r*ined during the night but it was still soft and quite carvable. Saw one of your Otto friends (Mark) there with the wife and minus kids and they were planning on hiking it. I had already finished my run when I saw them and was not around when they completed it. The K-zoners that made the hikes were SBF, myself, RustyK, AndyZ, AndyZ's wife and sister-in-law (no skiing for her though), Phantom and SkiNutDave. SBF, myself and RustyK hiked all the way to the top but AndyZ, wife, Phantom and SkiNutDave chose to only hike to the top of the lower headwall because they did not want to ruin their skis. I was skiing on my rock skis so I had not problem skiing over rocks and grass. Dirtadikt would have been proud of me. There were many people that chose to hike and ski it - we were not the only ones.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

tyrolean_skier wrote:
skiadikt wrote:

The snow was absolutely great on Saturday when the sun was shining on it. The other two days it was a little lunar because it had r*ined during the night but it was still soft and quite carvable. Saw one of your Otto friends (Mark) there with the wife and minus kids and they were planning on hiking it. I had already finished my run when I saw them and was not around when they completed it. The K-zoners that made the hikes were SBF, myself, RustyK, AndyZ, AndyZ's wife and sister-in-law (no skiing for her though), Phantom and SkiNutDave. SBF, myself and RustyK hiked all the way to the top but AndyZ, wife, Phantom and SkiNutDave chose to only hike to the top of the lower headwall because they did not want to ruin their skis. I was skiing on my rock skis so I had not problem skiing over rocks and grass. Dirtadikt would have been proud of me. There were many people that chose to hike and ski it - we were not the only ones.
thanks for the report. you're definitely hard core. and dirtadikt would have indeed been proud. bummed that i missed it. glad to hear that some of the ottos were out there carrying on the tradition.
spoiled South American skiin' whore