Its time to open uphill travel.

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Re: Its time to open uphill travel.

Post by hillbangin »

LocalSanity wrote:
daytripper wrote:We would be down to weekends only by this point so covid or not there wouldn't be any lifts running tomorrow.
Yes, and I would like to walk up like I do weekdays in May every spring.
Lots of people walking up yesterday.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

hillbangin wrote:
LocalSanity wrote:
daytripper wrote:We would be down to weekends only by this point so covid or not there wouldn't be any lifts running tomorrow.
Lots of people walking up yesterday.
yep, if you feel that you need to be there, then go do what you need to do...and as others said go do yer thing, don't post pics or broadcast your adventures...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

LocalSanity wrote:
So go ahead and do it, just don't post pictures about it.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

daytripper wrote:
LocalSanity wrote:
So go ahead and do it, just don't post pictures about it.
:like :like seems like an obvious solution...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

Yup. Quite simple. Tho'?..most here... announce everything they do...down to the last mornin dookie.,.,..
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

Couple nice tracks on Northridge...

Is it summer yet.
DES
Slalom Racer

Post by DES »

Would there be a heavy demand if uphill travel was allowed now that Memorial Day has past? I don't think so, but I know I'd like to if we could without breaking guidelines! After the last 5 years of skiing the holiday weekend, I'd gotten used to it, like back in the old days.
biged
Slalom Racer

Post by biged »

Open up uphill travel June 1st. no tail gaiting allowed or walk up from Snowshed.
buckethead
Slalom Racer

Post by buckethead »

biggest impediment to opening to hikers is the 14-day visitor quarantine.
for those already in state, wear all white, cover skis in white contact paper and be discrete!

the S is finally showing but the upper portion of SS might just hang in til july
DES
Slalom Racer

Post by DES »

buckethead wrote: for those already in state, wear all white, cover skis in white contact paper and be discrete!
I've been called a lot of things, but discrete has never been mentioned! I also think I'd want to do more than one lap once I was at the bottom. Is it bad that I had just looked up the next full moon?
buckethead
Slalom Racer

Post by buckethead »

DES wrote:I've been called a lot of things, but discrete has never been mentioned! I also think I'd want to do more than one lap once I was at the bottom. Is it bad that I had just looked up the next full moon?
stealth hiking by moonlight sounds pretty discrete (and pretty awesome) to me.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

buckethead wrote:
DES wrote:I've been called a lot of things, but discrete has never been mentioned! I also think I'd want to do more than one lap once I was at the bottom. Is it bad that I had just looked up the next full moon?
stealth hiking by moonlight sounds pretty discrete (and pretty awesome) to me.
Summit county used to have Heli skiing with the full moon. Not sure if that still happens.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
biged
Slalom Racer

Post by biged »

Bump to top, Biking next weekend, please soft opening of uphill travel. It is safer then Biking, check to make sure everyone has an uphill pass at the barricade, we can do it at our own risk.
LocalSanity
Blue Chatterbox

Post by LocalSanity »

biged wrote:Bump to top, Biking next weekend, please soft opening of uphill travel. It is safer then Biking, check to make sure everyone has an uphill pass at the barricade, we can do it at our own risk.
Or they can just take down the barricade and the 10 of us who want to will just harmlessly walk up like we do every year. Don't tell anyone, don't advertise, skiing is "closed". I'm just going to go for a walk and then slide down on these sticks. It's never been an issue any other June.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

LocalSanity wrote:
biged wrote:Bump to top, Biking next weekend, please soft opening of uphill travel. It is safer then Biking, check to make sure everyone has an uphill pass at the barricade, we can do it at our own risk.
Or they can just take down the barricade and the 10 of us who want to will just harmlessly walk up like we do every year. Don't tell anyone, don't advertise, skiing is "closed". I'm just going to go for a walk and then slide down on these sticks. It's never been an issue any other June.
barricade has been removed i'm assuming to prep for mtn bike open this weekend. a group is heading up supe as i type though the website still says no uphill travel. agree they should just take down the warning and treat it like any other post close june.
spoiled South American skiin' whore