IF YOU CARE MORE ABOUT PROPERTY BEING DAMAGED...

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

IF YOU CARE MORE ABOUT PROPERTY BEING DAMAGED...

Post by asher2789 »

...THAN BLACK LIVES BEING MURDERED BY COPS WHO ARE ABOVE THE LAW YOU ARE THE PROBLEM.
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Re: IF YOU CARE MORE ABOUT PROPERTY BEING DAMAGED...

Post by ANGUS »

I don't believe any of that is right. The PD was in the wrong. All the protesters are using it as an excuse to damage property. Two wrongs don't make a right. Would you like your property destroyed because someone was making a political statement? Would you feel differently if innocent law enforcement and fire firefighters die as a result of this civil unrest? People with families that protect communities everyday. Would you prefer anarchy?
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

asher2789 wrote:...THAN BLACK LIVES BEING MURDERED BY COPS WHO ARE ABOVE THE LAW YOU ARE THE PROBLEM.
:roll:

"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

What is the cause of police brutality?

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout ... the_riots/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

and here we go. all the focus is on property damage, looting, and troll commentary (MAGA boy in the video got his hat taken from him, as he should. be a troll, get dealt with like a troll). what else would i expect from a bunch of boomer white skiers... racism is a joke to you, yet it is a real threat to my friends and their families. :roll: :roll:

if you care and you are local, there will be a peaceful protest in rutland on sunday, 6/7, from 10am-4pm at main street park (corner of 4 and 7 where the gazebo is). there have been protests in burlington, montpelier, brattleboro, and bethel - all peaceful.

white silence is VIOLENCE.
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

I think the idea that "white silence is violence" is a bridge too far. These protests are trying to garner sympathy for an important cause, and one that I support. Castigating people who might be on the fence, whose support you are trying to win, is counterproductive.

I also think confusing protesters with looters is unfair. If 100 people protest peacefully, and 1 out of that 100 commits a crime after the protest, it's not really fair to lump all of those 100 people together. A handful of miscreants shouldn't be allowed to negate the message of the overwhelming majority.
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

and?..Angus' query stands eerily...unanswered. Asher.... climbing on every national cause...makes you a Causehead. Not a single be different...or singular... or any more....identifiable...than any of your other sheeple buds. Your indignation...and that of countless others..is spot on. HOW you go about it....and being seen...and counted..is what put you up front.
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

yiddle on da fiddle wrote:and?..Angus' query stands eerily...unanswered. Asher.... climbing on every national cause...makes you a Causehead. Not a single be different...or singular... or any more....identifiable...than any of your other sheeple buds. Your indignation...and that of countless others..is spot on. HOW you go about it....and being seen...and counted..is what put you up front.
Yiddle. You and I don't always see eye to eye. But I'm happy to loan you a water cannon. Or two. They also make a handy fire truck. 2 hours or less on your door step. Loaded and ready to keep the peace. Peaceful protesters ??? My ass.
Attachments
Resized_20200602_191601 (1).jpg
Resized_20200602_191601 (1).jpg (442.6 KiB) Viewed 983 times
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

asher2789 wrote:and here we go. all the focus is on property damage, looting, and troll commentary (MAGA boy in the video got his hat taken from him, as he should. be a troll, get dealt with like a troll). what else would i expect from a bunch of boomer white skiers... racism is a joke to you, yet it is a real threat to my friends and their families. :roll: :roll:

if you care and you are local, there will be a peaceful protest in rutland on sunday, 6/7, from 10am-4pm at main street park (corner of 4 and 7 where the gazebo is). there have been protests in burlington, montpelier, brattleboro, and bethel - all peaceful.

white silence is VIOLENCE.
Sure I'm white. I'm no boomer. Nice job asher. Way to categorize people. You are the problem. Answer my questions? Chicken? Hiding behind a keyboard?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

easyrider16 wrote:I think the idea that "white silence is violence" is a bridge too far. These protests are trying to garner sympathy for an important cause, and one that I support. Castigating people who might be on the fence, whose support you are trying to win, is counterproductive.

I also think confusing protesters with looters is unfair. If 100 people protest peacefully, and 1 out of that 100 commits a crime after the protest, it's not really fair to lump all of those 100 people together. A handful of miscreants shouldn't be allowed to negate the message of the overwhelming majority.
its true, sorry it hurts your feelings.

german silence was holocaust violence in the run up to nazi germany. its really easy to be complicit and silent when youre not being the one threatened. and PS, im jewish, so dont even start with the anti-semitism deflection for equating early nazi germany to todays totalitarian environment.
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

yiddle on da fiddle wrote:and?..Angus' query stands eerily...unanswered. Asher.... climbing on every national cause...makes you a Causehead. Not a single be different...or singular... or any more....identifiable...than any of your other sheeple buds. Your indignation...and that of countless others..is spot on. HOW you go about it....and being seen...and counted..is what put you up front.
im not answering deflecting questions from stupid people with their stupid biases and their stupid devotion to the stupid idiot in office.
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

ANGUS wrote:
Yiddle. You and I don't always see eye to eye. But I'm happy to loan you a water cannon. Or two. They also make a handy fire truck. 2 hours or less on your door step. Loaded and ready to keep the peace. Peaceful protesters ??? My ass.
thousands of peaceful protesters showed up this weekend all over VT, including rutland. sorry to burst your right wing media bias driven bubble.
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Asher...lets try and do a short recap here: minus the vitriol and stone throwing. An almost uncountable gauntlet of ...younger people...will willy nilly follow every cause..uprising...JUST to be counted and seen. Emotion rarely comes into play. On a more personal level?.. most...would figure Im a Heeb...same as you. Again..an inordinate number...when failing miserably to make their case...will steer the ship towards Nazi germany / Holocaust. Apples?..meet oranges. Parading thru the streets with "Silence equates Violence" signs...almost ALWAYS..falls on deaf ears. Disinterested ears.
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Protesting was HUGE...in the 60's and early 70's. Seemed to have lost a lot of ...airtime after that. Truth be told?.. I'm genuinely on board with the CORE of what is being railed against today. The Vietnam war?.. was heinous. HORRIBLY misguided. So too...is a sworn cop...killing a person. Be they of ANY color.