NASCAR & Confederate Flag

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Re: NASCAR & Confederate Flag

Post by daytripper »

It was actually the rope that you pull to disengage the automatic garage door opener that was tied like a noose!
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

easyrider16 wrote:
Dickc wrote:
madhatter wrote:
daytripper wrote:Now the only black driver in cup walks into his garage at the track in Talladega and finds a noose hanging from the ceiling.
a similar thing happened to jussie smollett...
I sure hope this is not another case of "manufactured" outrage.
Yes because the appropriate response to something heinous like this is to immediately suspect the victim is lying :roll:
that's correct...when you see something this ridiculous the appropriate response is to assume its BS...and of course it was...

seems like this bubba dude is whiny little bitch...
Bubba Wallace acknowledged on Tuesday night that a garage pull in the shape of a noose in his bay at Talladega Superspeedway in Lincoln, Alabama wasn't meant for him after the FBI concluded that it had been there since late 2019.

Bubba doesn't care.

Speaking with CNN's Don Lemon, Wallace said "it was a noose. It was a noose - whether it was tied in 2019 or whatever, it was a noose. Wasn't directed at me but somebody tied a noose (which one would think might consistently tighten around the hand of whoever pulls it, if it were indeed a noose).
no one gives a fvck ya goddamn drama queen...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

madhatter wrote:
easyrider16 wrote:
Dickc wrote:
madhatter wrote:
daytripper wrote:Now the only black driver in cup walks into his garage at the track in Talladega and finds a noose hanging from the ceiling.
a similar thing happened to jussie smollett...
Yes because the appropriate response to something heinous like this is to immediately suspect the victim is lying :roll:
that's correct...when you see something this ridiculous the appropriate response is to assume its BS...and of course it was...

Bubba Wallace acknowledged on Tuesday night that a garage pull in the shape of a noose in his bay at Talladega Superspeedway in Lincoln, Alabama wasn't meant for him after the FBI concluded that it had been there since late 2019.

Bubba doesn't care.

Speaking with CNN's Don Lemon, Wallace said "it was a noose. It was a noose - whether it was tied in 2019 or whatever, it was a noose. Wasn't directed at me but somebody tied a noose (which one would think might consistently tighten around the hand of whoever pulls it, if it were indeed a noose).
So nooses can only be offensive when they specifically target an individual African American, otherwise, not offensive.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
madhatter wrote:
easyrider16 wrote:
Dickc wrote:
madhatter wrote:a similar thing happened to jussie smollett...

Bubba doesn't care.

So nooses can only be offensive when they specifically target an individual African American, otherwise, not offensive.
he can be offended by whatever he wants...he's still a fvcking drama queen...

and there was no need for the FBI or any criminal investigation, there was no crime...there is nothing illegal about tying a noose in a a garage door pull rope...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Technically it was not tied in a noose, it was a bimini twist knot.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

daytripper wrote:Technically it was not tied in a noose, it was a bimini twist knot.
I'd say most people would identify a bimini twist as a noose.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
daytripper wrote:Technically it was not tied in a noose, it was a bimini twist knot.
I'd say most people would identify a bimini twist as a noose.
well except for the fact that a bimini twist does not self tighten and is perfectly appropriate for a pull rope handle...

this whole thing is pure BS over absolutely nothing....much like every fvcking thign the MSM insists upon...

it;s not that the D's and MSM are stupid, it's that they know so many things that just aren't so...
mach es sehr schnell

easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

Phrases like "manufactured outrage" and references to the Jussie Smollett case suggest that Bubba Wallace or his team made this up. I don't think that's a fair suggestion. Someone saw the rope, thought it looked like a noose, reported it, and it was investigated. That all sounds reasonable to me.

To suggest it shouldn't be investigated is just absurd. If it weren't investigated, we'd never know what the real situation was. It doesn't really seem like something that should involve the FBI, as it seems like NASCAR could have done their own investigation and reached the same conclusion. But given NASCAR's situation and the current mood of the country, I can see why they were called in.

It's also absurd to suggest the media shouldn't report on this. Given what's happening right now, this is a story that any media, left right or center, would report on.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

easyrider16 wrote:Phrases like "manufactured outrage" and references to the Jussie Smollett case suggest that Bubba Wallace or his team made this up. I don't think that's a fair suggestion. Someone saw the rope, thought it looked like a noose, reported it, and it was investigated. That all sounds reasonable to me.

To suggest it shouldn't be investigated is just absurd. If it weren't investigated, we'd never know what the real situation was. It doesn't really seem like something that should involve the FBI, as it seems like NASCAR could have done their own investigation and reached the same conclusion. But given NASCAR's situation and the current mood of the country, I can see why they were called in.

It's also absurd to suggest the media shouldn't report on this. Given what's happening right now, this is a story that any media, left right or center, would report on.
he found racism where none existed... :zzz
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

mach es sehr schnell

easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

Interesting factoids:
NASCAR has released a photo of the noose that was found hanging in Bubba Wallace's team garage at the Talladega Superspeedway last week.

It also said that a thorough sweep of the 29 tracks and 1,684 garage stalls at the speedway, authorities found 11 pull-down ropes tied in a knot -- but only one noose:
"The one discovered on Sunday in Bubba Wallace's garage," NASCAR president Steve Phelps said at a news conference Thursday.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/25/us/nasca ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Click the link and see the photo. Totally looks like a noose, not a garage pull. I can see why the person who discovered it reported it the way he did.