For Cape Cod Beachgoers

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Bubba
Site Admin

For Cape Cod Beachgoers

Post by Bubba »

I know this is KZone and not Cape Cod Zone, but lots of us go to the Cape during the summer and should not forget that, when we go in the water, we’re no longer at the top of the food chain.

https://www.capecodtimes.com/news/20200 ... ot-changed" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
GnarDawg
Green Skidder

Re: For Cape Cod Beachgoers

Post by GnarDawg »

There were a ton of seals in the water over fathers day weekend on the national seashore beaches.

Great app I use is called Sharktivity. Shows locations of sightings with pictures and any gps pings of tagged sharks. Josiah is back!
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

GnarDawg wrote:There were a ton of seals in the water over fathers day weekend on the national seashore beaches.

Great app I use is called Sharktivity. Shows locations of sightings with pictures and any gps pings of tagged sharks. Josiah is back!
We’ve had that on our phones now for several years. Still no sightings in Killington.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Seals are showing up on LI beaches now, sharks wont be far behind.
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

Bubba wrote:
GnarDawg wrote:There were a ton of seals in the water over fathers day weekend on the national seashore beaches.

We’ve had that on our phones now for several years. Still no sightings in Killington.

None in Kent Pond?
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Big Bob wrote:
Bubba wrote:

None in Kent Pond?
Pretty good sized snapping turtle.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Post by ME2VTSkier »

Bubba wrote:

The Cougartivity app is for the Killlington area...
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Not really sure how this fits into this thread, especially after laughing at the cougar post, butt:

Doubt it was a shark, but came real close to sinking my kayak on Kent Pond yesterday. Noticed my yacht being a bit tippy so headed back in pronto once I realized I was taking on water. Had a two inch crack in the "heel of the keel" and quite a bit of water in the hull [sit on kayak].

Seemed to be a combo of a) high wear point on the kayak and b) thinnest plastic thickness at same point. Not a good selling point for Future Beach products, though otherwise I love it.

On the plus side, after Googling not many options for HD Poly repairs [was thinking I could FGlass it], saw some discussions on using a "hot knife" and melting plastic. Well, I still have a "Ptex" weld gun from when I used to do more of my own ski repairs. Haven't tested it yet, but believe I was able to repair it, and build it up "better than new".

If I don't post for a while, maybe not such a good repair!
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

ME2VTSkier wrote:
Bubba wrote:

The Cougartivity app is for the Killlington area...
Can you imagine such an app in the days of the old Grist Mill bar scene?

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Finn
Postaholic

Post by Finn »

Cpt halfski there is a fix for you kayak.
It is called FlexTape. It patches, bond, seal and repair. It was on TV. The web site is wwwflexsealproducts.com.
I just used it on a broken ripped hose.
Good luck.
Finn
Postaholic

Post by Finn »

A shark was spotted off Plymouth, MA at white horse beach on Friday.
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

All this is an overpopulation infestation, and humane solutions in the name of conservation are needed. Sharks and seals off the New England coast and inland rodents are the same as mice and rats; drastic measures are required. The shark and seal population needs to be controlled to reach a sustained, natural, and genuine community. Overpopulation is the worse thing for them. The perfect example is the overpopulation of the deer herd in southern New England. One of the results is Lyme disease.

The same goes here in New Hampshire. It is well known amongst conservationists in New England that rodent populations are out of control. A local farmer near my home shot over 40 gophers last week. They were destroying his crops-his livelihood. I hope his children don't go hungry. Chipmunks and gophers have destroyed half my garden. I have, in a humane way-without poison-eradicated about two dozen of them in the last ten days. They keep coming onto my property. I get rid of one clan, and the neighboring clan empties their nest/young onto my property. Chipmunks usually have two liters a year and reproduce in less than a year. Gophers are even worse; they can have up to three liters per year. Gophers also have several dens over a large area to avoid predatory adversaries. You might think you got rid of your gopher problem, then three weeks later, they arrive back at their den on your property and start the destruction all over again. The same with squirrels, two liters a year-up to eight kits. They are already eyeing up my blueberries, and the only solution is to trap and relocate them, or a shotgun. The shotgun is the best solution to control overpopulation. All of my neighbors are having the same problem. I hear their gunshots every day as we work to solve the infestation.

In the name of conservation, I call for the humane eradication of these sharks-seals-rodents to reach a sustainable and healthy population.
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

f.a.s.t. wrote:All this is an overpopulation infestation, and humane solutions in the name of conservation are needed. Sharks and seals off the New England coast and inland rodents are the same as mice and rats; drastic measures are required. The shark and seal population needs to be controlled to reach a sustained, natural, and genuine community. Overpopulation is the worse thing for them. The perfect example is the overpopulation of the deer herd in southern New England. One of the results is Lyme disease.

The same goes here in New Hampshire. It is well known amongst conservationists in New England that rodent populations are out of control. A local farmer near my home shot over 40 gophers last week. They were destroying his crops-his livelihood. I hope his children don't go hungry. Chipmunks and gophers have destroyed half my garden. I have, in a humane way-without poison-eradicated about two dozen of them in the last ten days. They keep coming onto my property. I get rid of one clan, and the neighboring clan empties their nest/young onto my property. Chipmunks usually have two liters a year and reproduce in less than a year. Gophers are even worse; they can have up to three liters per year. Gophers also have several dens over a large area to avoid predatory adversaries. You might think you got rid of your gopher problem, then three weeks later, they arrive back at their den on your property and start the destruction all over again. The same with squirrels, two liters a year-up to eight kits. They are already eyeing up my blueberries, and the only solution is to trap and relocate them, or a shotgun. The shotgun is the best solution to control overpopulation. All of my neighbors are having the same problem. I hear their gunshots every day as we work to solve the infestation.

In the name of conservation, I call for the humane eradication of these sharks-seals-rodents to reach a sustainable and healthy population.
What you need are some coyotes.
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

f.a.s.t. wrote:All this is an overpopulation infestation, and humane solutions in the name of conservation are needed. Sharks and seals off the New England coast and inland rodents are the same as mice and rats; drastic measures are required. The shark and seal population needs to be controlled to reach a sustained, natural, and genuine community. Overpopulation is the worse thing for them. The perfect example is the overpopulation of the deer herd in southern New England. One of the results is Lyme disease.

Carl, I want you to kill all the gophers.
2273840935_18cbdcc9691.jpg
2273840935_18cbdcc9691.jpg (96.55 KiB) Viewed 1263 times
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit