What the heck is going on with the USPS?

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: What the heck is going on with the USPS?

Post by easyrider16 »

Many Trump supporters have this unhealthy fascination with the conspiracy theory that "the media" are all in cahoots to construct these "narratives" about their guys.

The media just reports the news. They haven't dropped anything, there just hasn't been anything new about this issue, like weird statements by POTUS about unsupported allegations of mail fraud or new reports of the postmaster general doing stuff. Repeating the same thing over and over doesn't generate ratings or views. There's other things to report on like the judge telling Trump he has to turn over his tax returns and the Bannon fraud stuff.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

I'm sorry but if you think CNN and MSNBC are not anti Trump and don't go out of their way to push it than I don't know what to think of you. Maybe you want to buy the bridge I have for sale. I'll give you a real sweet deal.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

daytripper wrote: Aug 20th, '20, 13:42 I'm sorry but if you think CNN and MSNBC are not anti Trump and don't go out of their way to push it than I don't know what to think of you. Maybe you want to buy the bridge I have for sale. I'll give you a real sweet deal.
All media types are biased, just like all humans are inherently biased. That said, quotes directly from the mouth of POTUS are free of bias aren't they?

POTUS has asserted there's widespread mail fraud, despite evidence to the contrary.
POTUS has asserted mail-in balllots would be hampered if he doesn't give them more funding.
Manhattan DA rejected POTUS assertions of 'burden' preventing POTUS from providing tax returns.
POTUS acknowledged and promoted a foundation run by Bannon to basically commit fraud.

These aren't bias items, they're fact independent of the outlet reporting them.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

daytripper wrote: Aug 20th, '20, 13:42 I'm sorry but if you think CNN and MSNBC are not anti Trump and don't go out of their way to push it than I don't know what to think of you. Maybe you want to buy the bridge I have for sale. I'll give you a real sweet deal.
Maybe CNN and MSNBC are a bit slanted, but they certainly don't account for all of the media. Ever hear of Fox news? Wall Street Journal? Forbes? All of them have right-leaning bias. Did they not report on Trump's shennanigans?

Oh wait, they did:
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump- ... ulent-vote
https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurk ... e750d92347
https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-says ... 1485347677

This idea that "the media" as a whole is left-wing dominated is nonsense and has been for a long time. If you include alternatives like talk radio in your definition of "the media" then really it's never been true.

Trump is the one setting up these narratives. He's feeding it to the media. This is his game, and he's brilliant at it. He feeds the media something controversial, they jump at it, and it distracts everyone from things like the dismal U.S. response to Covid-19 or the latest Trump scandal. He's been doing this sort of thing since long before he ran for President.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Poultry farmers in Maine have complained of an increasing number of young chicks dying en route to their farms, blaming it on operational changes to the U.S. Postal Service.
How many more must die?

#savethechicks

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... hicks-weve
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

easyrider16 wrote: Aug 20th, '20, 15:08
Poultry farmers in Maine have complained of an increasing number of young chicks dying en route to their farms, blaming it on operational changes to the U.S. Postal Service.
How many more must die?

#savethechicks

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... hicks-weve
Hundreds of thousands of chicks are culled daily. Is this a trick question?

https://vimeo.com/174954377 <----- DO NOT WATCH THIS.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

easyrider16 wrote: Aug 20th, '20, 14:11 Maybe CNN and MSNBC are a bit slanted.........
You might be a crank, but at least you're our crank.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Senate Majority Leader McConnell in KY: "There's been a lot of talk about the sanctity of a ballot if you drop it in a mailbox. We had a dramatic increase in votes-by-mail during the primary in Kentucky because of the pandemic. It worked. Votes weren't stolen."
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Interesting selections here ...

USPS ordered to remove 671 mail sorting machines under DeJoy:

59 in Florida
58 in Texas
34 in Ohio
30 in Pennsylvania
26 in Michigan
15 in North Carolina
12 in Virginia
12 in Wisconsin
11 in Georgia
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

MSNBC...CNN..."slanted"?...like saying your Popes...a little bit...Catholic.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Add Fox News to the list, “fair and balanced” not withstanding.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe