Some fires did something (Kenosha WI)

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
K42
Green Skidder

Re: Some fires did something (Kenosha WI)

Post by K42 »

Highway Star wrote: Aug 25th, '20, 10:37
easyrider16 wrote: Aug 25th, '20, 10:26
Highway Star wrote: Aug 25th, '20, 09:50Cops don't have to wait for the bad guys to pull out their gun and shot first. That's not how use force works. This isn't f*** Star Wars you neckbeard.
I guess we can put you into that group of people that don't seem to understand that police have to have an imminent threat of grievous bodily harm before using deadly force. Sure, police don't have to wait for the bad guy to shoot first, but they certainly can't shoot someone unless that someone is presenting an imminent threat. If the gun's still in his pocket, that's not an imminent threat. If he's running away, that's not an imminent threat. That's actually the law as it stands today, not just something I'd like to see implemented.
You're straight up cumguzzling CNN.

Use of force is EXTREMELY clear and well documented. Clearly in this case the suspect was an imminent threat to the officers and bystanders. He could have easily pulled out a gun and started shooting. The officer was right to shoot when he did and likely saved lives.
I don’t know why you have to use such grotesque speech on a skiing message board... any how, he was getting into his car with his three children after breaking up a fight I vving two women. The officers were close enough to him and shooting was excessive force, In any situation, why would an officer need to shoot someone 7 times point blank.

Also High Way Incel you say he’s cum guzzling cnn, funny when you are defending an officer who shot a man 7 times without reason. Seems more like your licking the Kenosha Police departments Boots.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

K42 wrote: Aug 26th, '20, 02:26
Highway Star wrote: Aug 25th, '20, 10:37
easyrider16 wrote: Aug 25th, '20, 10:26
Highway Star wrote: Aug 25th, '20, 09:50Cops don't have to wait for the bad guys to pull out their gun and shot first. That's not how use force works. This isn't f*** Star Wars you neckbeard.
I guess we can put you into that group of people that don't seem to understand that police have to have an imminent threat of grievous bodily harm before using deadly force. Sure, police don't have to wait for the bad guy to shoot first, but they certainly can't shoot someone unless that someone is presenting an imminent threat. If the gun's still in his pocket, that's not an imminent threat. If he's running away, that's not an imminent threat. That's actually the law as it stands today, not just something I'd like to see implemented.
You're straight up cumguzzling CNN.

Use of force is EXTREMELY clear and well documented. Clearly in this case the suspect was an imminent threat to the officers and bystanders. He could have easily pulled out a gun and started shooting. The officer was right to shoot when he did and likely saved lives.
I don’t know why you have to use such grotesque speech on a skiing message board... any how, he was getting into his car with his three children after breaking up a fight I vving two women. The officers were close enough to him and shooting was excessive force, In any situation, why would an officer need to shoot someone 7 times point blank.

Also High Way Incel you say he’s cum guzzling cnn, funny when you are defending an officer who shot a man 7 times without reason. Seems more like your licking the Kenosha Police departments Boots.
Like I said, use of force is extremely well documented and public information, it has been litigated and debated endlessly. Any time you resist arrest or make threatening actions towards an officer you take the risk that those actions will be perceived as a deadly threat and draw a lethal response, or that an accident will occur.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

I will say that if police need to exercise deadly force, they should not hold back or try to "shoot them in the leg" or anything like that. I think that is asking too much and too dangerous to the officer. If police are justified in pulling their firearm to put down a suspect, they should unload the clip.

That said, police need the justification to use deadly force *before* they exercise it. That means the officer's life or someone else's is in danger. In cases like that, there's no question the suspect should be put down. But a case like this where an unarmed man is getting into a car with his kids? There's literally no justification for the use of deadly force, let alone seven shots to a man's back. It's an absurd argument.

Also this argument that it is solely within the officer's perception as to whether there's a threat is nonsense. Legally, the officer has to *reasonably* believe that his or someone else's life is in danger, etc. That means the officer has to have some facts to suggest the danger, not just some suspicion of future action. That's what the law says, at least. We know people don't always abide by the law, police included, and sometimes they use deadly force when they have inadequate justification. To that end, yes, anyone who is dealing with police should act with respect as the officer is armed and could use that weapon. However that practical consideration doesn't justify bad actions on the officer's part. We should hold police to a higher standard than the average citizen if we want to entrust them with the ability to exercise deadly force.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

If this is as it appears, this is totally screwed up.

Civilian curfew for all except armed civilian militia who the police support being there?

"We appreciate you guys, we really do??"

Wouldn't the right thing to do is order the militia to go home just like the protesters and rioters? If the police need backup help to control crowds, using a civilian militia isn't a good look.

If it comes to be true that the shooter last night was the kid being thrown the water bottle in the picture, holy hell is that police department in for a world of legal trouble.

https://mobile.twitter.com/randomanne/s ... 82080?s=09

Hope this is fake news
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... ured-video

Hint: being chased by an angry mob that wants to beat you death is grounds for use of deadly force.

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Highway Star wrote: Aug 26th, '20, 07:33 Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Hint: being chased by an angry mob that wants to beat you death is grounds for use of deadly force.
I'm not arguing ones right to defend themselves.

I'm arguing that the kid and other civilian militia members appear to have been supported by the police in being there even though there was a curfew in place.

Had the police ordered them to leave just like they were with everyone else (documented in that video in fact) then this kid wouldn't have been in a position where he needed to defend himself.

Making an exception and allowing an armed group of civilians to stay is complete and total negligence and that police department is going to face severe legal consequences for such a horrendous decision. Nevermind if this is true the level of civil unrest is going to boil up even hotter than where it is today.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Great. So now we have a bunch of amature militia wannabes shooting looters. Exactly how we want society to be operating. :roll:

https://www.kenoshanews.com/news/local/ ... -top-story
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

deadheadskier wrote: Aug 26th, '20, 07:48

I'm arguing that the kid and other civilian militia members appear to have been supported by the police in being there even though there was a curfew in place.

Had the police ordered them to leave just like they were with everyone else (documented in that video in fact) then this kid wouldn't have been in a position where he needed to defend himself.

Making an exception and allowing an armed group of civilians to stay is complete and total negligence and that police department is going to face severe legal consequences for such a horrendous decision. Nevermind if this is true the level of civil unrest is going to boil up even hotter than where it is today.
That video warms my heart. Law abiding citizens defending their neighborhood from violent insurrectionists. Why wouldn't the police support them? :like

Having watched ~15 hours of Kenosha riots over the last three days, I can assure you that nobody is being arrested solely for breaking curfew.

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Shoots someone. Gets chased. Shoots more people. Walks towards officers with hand on AR-15. Yea, good grounds for officers to use deadly force ... but he's not black so not only does he get a pass but the officers just drive by him and leave him alone.
Last edited by XtremeJibber2001 on Aug 26th, '20, 08:05, edited 1 time in total.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Aug 26th, '20, 07:57

Shoots someone. Gets chased. Shoots more people. Walks towards officers with hand on AR-15. Yea, good grounds for officers to use deadly force ... but he's not black so he not only does he get a pass but the officers just drive by him and leave him alone.
Interesting perspective. I find it really strange if it's true that police allowed these armed civilians to stay on scene brandishing weapons. Where I'm from, if police saw that, they'd have an immediate negative reaction. Just as a general matter of common sense, the last thing a professional wants in a highly unstable situation like this is for a bunch of amatures with f*cking assault rifles running around with itchy trigger fingers. Talk about asking for trouble.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

https://mobile.twitter.com/carterforva/ ... 68000?s=21

Again I hope this is fake news. Another militia member explains that cops told him they were going to push the rioters towards the militia to deal with them.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

easyrider16 wrote: Aug 26th, '20, 08:05

Shoots someone. Gets chased. Shoots more people. Walks towards officers with hand on AR-15. Yea, good grounds for officers to use deadly force ... but he's not black so he not only does he get a pass but the officers just drive by him and leave him alone.
Interesting perspective. I find it really strange if it's true that police allowed these armed civilians to stay on scene brandishing weapons. Where I'm from, if police saw that, they'd have an immediate negative reaction. Just as a general matter of common sense, the last thing a professional wants in a highly unstable situation like this is for a bunch of amatures with f*cking assault rifles running around with itchy trigger fingers. Talk about asking for trouble.
I'm pro-2A, but if you're armed and open carry into a hostile environment you're seeking out an excuse to fire your weapon. #1 self-defense tactic is deescalation. Shame on the police for having different sets of rules for groups of people ... can't pick friendly from foe.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Highway Star wrote: Aug 26th, '20, 07:51
deadheadskier wrote: Aug 26th, '20, 07:48

That video warms my heart. Law abiding citizens defending their neighborhood from violent insurrectionists. Why wouldn't the police support them? :like

Having watched ~15 hours of Kenosha riots over the last three days, I can assure you that nobody is being arrested solely for breaking curfew.
You are f*** in the head. While there's no place in civilized society for the looting and vandalism we are seeing, state supported civilian militia is not the way to handle police it.

If GI Joe kids want to protect and serve, sign up to join the police.

Otherwise get the hell off the streets when there is a curfew just like everyone else was being ordered to do.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Shoots someone. Gets chased. Shoots more people. Walks towards officers with hand on AR-15. Yea, good grounds for officers to use deadly force ... but he's not black so not only does he get a pass but the officers just drive by him and leave him alone.
He was not brandishing. He also raised his hands when approaching them, however he should not have been reaching for the gun to keep it from flopping around. Amazing how you don't get shot when you follow the rules.
Last edited by Highway Star on Aug 26th, '20, 08:41, edited 1 time in total.

easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

deadheadskier wrote: Aug 26th, '20, 08:07 https://mobile.twitter.com/carterforva/ ... 68000?s=21

Again I hope this is fake news. Another militia member explains that cops told him they were going to push the rioters towards the militia to deal with them.
Good lord. Fat militia wannabe wearing a freaking tactical chest rig. Like the alt-right version of Simpson's comic book guy. This is the type of person you want running around your town with an AR-15 in his hands? FFS, I wouldn't trust this chucklehead to operate my lawnmower, let alone run around my streets with an assault rifle.