RIP Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Dickc
Postaholic

RIP Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Post by Dickc »

ABC News has dumped all its Friday programming and is reporting that the Notorious RBG has left the company of man. They are heavily speculating about the politics it has created. I was never a fan of her, but I think they could have a little respect for a day or two and instead be reporting on the woman she was, like her or not.

Politics WILL be interesting over the next days and weeks.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Re: RIP Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Post by Mister Moose »

Not a fan of many of her recent decisions, such as Obamacare, but respect for a life well lived and championing and achieving equality for the sexes.

The politics will be fierce, and similar to the last two appointments, Democrats will go after vulnerable Republican seats in the Senate, trying to flip a few precious votes. McConnell will be roasted on a high flame for inconsistency, should he follow through on his earlier announcement. Underlying the infighting will be how confident the Republicans are on holding the Senate, and how badly they want to alter the court for decades. The drama on the networks will nearly equal the drama here.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Dickc wrote: Sep 18th, '20, 19:13 ABC News has dumped all its Friday programming and is reporting that the Notorious RBG has left the company of man. They are heavily speculating about the politics it has created. I was never a fan of her, but I think they could have a little respect for a day or two and instead be reporting on the woman she was, like her or not.

Politics WILL be interesting over the next days and weeks.
McConnell sent out a letter saying they will nominate a SCOTUS pick on the same letter he acknowledged her death.

Respect for others humanity has been missing for years.
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

She was a good judge and a trailblazer for women in a profession that was dominated by men when she entered it. Often times Supreme Court judges are evaluated on a handful of controversial decisions, but in reality they participate in hundreds of far less controversial decisions every year and they are all important to someone. Being a fair judge in those cases often counts for more than a couple of controversial decisions. One thing you can say about Ginsburg is that she tried to be fair and do the right thing where she thought it appropriate, and that's all you can ask of a judge.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

RIP, genuinely sad to hear.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

Highway Star wrote: Sep 19th, '20, 09:57 RIP, genuinely sad to hear.
Sure you are......

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=44739&hilit=Ruth
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

deadheadskier wrote: Sep 19th, '20, 10:05
Highway Star wrote: Sep 19th, '20, 09:57 RIP, genuinely sad to hear.
Sure you are......

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=44739&hilit=Ruth
Wow. There's difference between meme'ing when someone has suspiciously disappeared from public eye, vs. dunking on them when they are actually dead.

"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Sep 19th, '20, 07:16

McConnell sent out a letter saying they will nominate a SCOTUS pick on the same letter he acknowledged her death.

Schumer made two tweets about this too. First tweet at 7:51PM was bitching that the Republicans should wait for the next POTUS. AT 7:59PM, he sent out a condolences to the Ginsberg family. Seems as though both sides are forgetting the humanity.

7:51 https://twitter.com/SenSchumer/status/1 ... 28357?s=20

7:59 https://twitter.com/SenSchumer/status/1 ... 87648?s=20
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Dickc wrote: Sep 19th, '20, 14:40
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Sep 19th, '20, 07:16

Schumer made two tweets about this too. First tweet at 7:51PM was bitching that the Republicans should wait for the next POTUS. AT 7:59PM, he sent out a condolences to the Ginsberg family. Seems as though both sides are forgetting the humanity.

7:51 https://twitter.com/SenSchumer/status/1 ... 28357?s=20

7:59 https://twitter.com/SenSchumer/status/1 ... 87648?s=20
Yea, they’re both forgetting the humanity. 100%