2020 Election

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Re: 2020 Election

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Anyone committing fraud should be held accountable. However, all assertions made by the Trump campaign, even if true, would not materially impact the result of the election. In the case of Nevada, Biden is up 20k votes and counting.

Also, some of these instances of possible fraud may be Trump supporters, whom he encourage to vote twice.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Trump's new campaign: Flurry of election lawsuits in search of strategy

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... d=msedgdhp

Republicans who’ve tried to exist in both the MAGAverse and reality are being forced to choose

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... d=msedgntp
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Heck .. give Magoo Nevada .. he worse loser in history.
Frivolous doesn't cut it in a national election.

Cuffed and shackled .. he will disappear :lol:

Jan run offs are more important now .. or we're looking at 2 more years of a Senate in hibernation .. ugh.

:Toast

Can Joe get to 80M .. :shock:
Forever .. Goat Path
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

boston_e wrote: Nov 6th, '20, 11:00
Dickc wrote: Nov 6th, '20, 10:26 My city in Massachusetts took all the early in person votes and put them in bins by ward and precinct. They then took the mail in ballots and prior to Election Day, opened the outer envelopes, checked that’s the voters properly signed them, and then put those inner envelopes into the bins by ward and precinct. The poll workers were VERY busy on Election Day opening those envelopes, unfolding and flattening the ballots so they could feed them into the ballot counting machine in between in person voters. I am pretty sure our cities ballots were all counted by very late election night or just after. It really is not that hard a process if you organize it right. I am guessing that many of the states and so on left ALL of it to Election Day or later, and now are overwhelmed by the process.
What city though? Depending on the size a small city in MA could be VERY different in sheer volume compared to Philadelphia.
53,278 (2018) City of Peabody
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

TheLurker wrote: Nov 6th, '20, 11:05
Dickc wrote: Nov 6th, '20, 10:26 My city in Massachusetts took all the early in person votes and put them in bins by ward and precinct. They then took the mail in ballots and prior to Election Day, opened the outer envelopes, checked that’s the voters properly signed them, and then put those inner envelopes into the bins by ward and precinct. The poll workers were VERY busy on Election Day opening those envelopes, unfolding and flattening the ballots so they could feed them into the ballot counting machine in between in person voters. I am pretty sure our cities ballots were all counted by very late election night or just after. It really is not that hard a process if you organize it right. I am guessing that many of the states and so on left ALL of it to Election Day or later, and now are overwhelmed by the process.
In Pennsylvania they couldn't do that.

"Due to state law, election officials in the state were legally unable to even begin processing—let alone count—ballots until Election Day. Democrats in the state, including Gov. Tom Wolf tried to pass legislation that would allow counties to begin pre-canvassing ballots to verify their validity before Election Day, but were obstructed by the Republican-led legislature. "

https://couriernewsroom.com/2020/11/04/pa-ballot-delay/
Massachusetts changed the laws prior to the primaries to allow the mail ins to be checked for validity, and collated for opening on election day.
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

deadheadskier wrote: Nov 6th, '20, 10:54
Dickc wrote: Nov 6th, '20, 10:27
TheLurker wrote: Nov 6th, '20, 10:25
Dickc wrote: Nov 6th, '20, 10:11 OK, My biggest question from this election is why so many Democrats “mailed it in” (used mail in balloting), and why so many Republicans took the time and effort to go to the polls and vote in person. I think psychologists and psychiatrists, could make a life study of the reasons. What does KZone think?
Democrats didn’t want to stand in line in a pandemic.

Republicans drank the Kool Aid that mail wasn’t secure.
It could also be that many Democrats would have not bothered to go vote except it was made so easy and convenient for them that they DID vote.
Convenient and easy options for voting were the same for both Republicans and Democrats. It should be easy to vote; especially during a pandemic. The greater the voter participation the country can achieve, the better it is for democracy.
I think going less than a half mile from my home and casting a ballot ON election days is ridiculously easy. The farthest anyone in my ward goes is three miles. Most go much less. The only people (in non pandemic years) who should do mail in are those who will not be able to get to the polls on election day. I also am one who believes you should need to prove who you are with a state issued ID. Getting a state issued ID for voting purposes should be NO COST to those who need one.
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

Dickc wrote: Nov 6th, '20, 17:04
Dickc wrote: Nov 6th, '20, 10:11 OK, My biggest question from this election is why so many Democrats “mailed it in” (used mail in balloting), and why so many Republicans took the time and effort to go to the polls and vote in person. I think psychologists and psychiatrists, could make a life study of the reasons. What does KZone think?

It could also be that many Democrats would have not bothered to go vote except it was made so easy and convenient for them that they DID vote.
Convenient and easy options for voting were the same for both Republicans and Democrats. It should be easy to vote; especially during a pandemic. The greater the voter participation the country can achieve, the better it is for democracy.
I think going less than a half mile from my home and casting a ballot ON election days is ridiculously easy. The farthest anyone in my ward goes is three miles. Most go much less. The only people (in non pandemic years) who should do mail in are those who will not be able to get to the polls on election day. I also am one who believes you should need to prove who you are with a state issued ID. Getting a state issued ID for voting purposes should be NO COST to those who need one.

sh*t happens. You've had surgery recently. Would you want to stand in line while still recovering from that surgery? People get sick, called into work, vehicles break down, bad weather, you name it.

I do not see a single valid reason why anyone should be against mail in. Some states have been doing it fine for decades. It is going to be here to stay and in the not too distant future, electronic voting will be next.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Taken from a friend’s post on Facebook:

I think we can safely say that the only way Trump gets to 270 is if he loses 50 pounds.

:lol: :lol:
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

deadheadskier wrote: But they couldn't physically count the votes until election day. I just assume they start the actual counts on Friday.
Same in NJ. Pennsylvania is 96% through their ballots and people are up in arms about counting every vote (or not). Yet, NJ is only 76% through counting their ballots and not a peep.

Mail-in balloting is great! But, they have to allow processing prior to Election Day.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

deadheadskier wrote: Nov 6th, '20, 18:05

sh*t happens. You've had surgery recently. Would you want to stand in line while still recovering from that surgery? People get sick, called into work, vehicles break down, bad weather, you name it.

I do not see a single valid reason why anyone should be against mail in. Some states have been doing it fine for decades. It is going to be here to stay and in the not too distant future, electronic voting will be next.
Was fairly sure you would disagree, and really have no idea how many might hold my views vs yours, but I blanch hard at electronic voting. I am retired IT and as such must strenuously stress that ALL VOTING needs a paper trail. Its the only way to prevent hackers from destroying our voting system. The paper trail is the backup that can be physically counted AND TALLIED on paper to ensure its correct.

Think Russian hackers. Go ask Sunday River and the Boyne corporation about how much of a mess those hackers can cause. They got hit by ransomware nearly a month ago and are still struggling.
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

the answer to this question is obvious. dear leader said that mail in voting is "fraud", and that his voters should vote twice and go to the polls.

now its a "conspiracy" that more dems voted by mail than reps. well. if dear leader didnt instruct his minions to do just that... :dis
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

why SHOULDN'T voting be convenient? what the f*** is wrong with you people with this insane mindset of curtailing voting? you really must hate people different than you and demand to win by any means necessary. disgusting. this election really brought out the fake patriots...

FYI, from now on ill be voting by mail. its way easier to look up who i want to vote for while im filling out the ballot (this is particularly the case for local races where its hard to find any information on the candidates and where they stand) than to do it from memory while feeling rushed by the voters waiting in line. no thanks.
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

Dickc wrote: Nov 6th, '20, 19:55

Was fairly sure you would disagree, and really have no idea how many might hold my views vs yours, but I blanch hard at electronic voting. I am retired IT and as such must strenuously stress that ALL VOTING needs a paper trail. Its the only way to prevent hackers from destroying our voting system. The paper trail is the backup that can be physically counted AND TALLIED on paper to ensure its correct.

Think Russian hackers. Go ask Sunday River and the Boyne corporation about how much of a mess those hackers can cause. They got hit by ransomware nearly a month ago and are still struggling.
I am well aware of the risks. I am heavily involved with hospital IT infrastructure. The systems I sell contain some of the most valuable PHI data in a hospital. We invest millions in cyber security to protect that information for our partners and haven't had a successful cyber attack on our products in 18 years. It certainly could happen and it's a constant battle to stay ahead of hackers.

Maybe not for a couple of decades, but I do see a day when we can secure electronic elections.

Mail in though is here to stay and will become the norm.
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

deadheadskier wrote: Nov 7th, '20, 09:24
Dickc wrote: Nov 6th, '20, 19:55

I am well aware of the risks. I am heavily involved with hospital IT infrastructure. The systems I sell contain some of the most valuable PHI data in a hospital. We invest millions in cyber security to protect that information for our partners and haven't had a successful cyber attack on our products in 18 years. It certainly could happen and it's a constant battle to stay ahead of hackers.

Maybe not for a couple of decades, but I do see a day when we can secure electronic elections.

Mail in though is here to stay and will become the norm.
I certainly hope you are right on eventual IT security. It just seems to me that code is SO complex now a days that there are always holes. Don’t like mail in balloting, but suspect you might be right on it becoming the norm.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Crazy to me it’s still being passed around that the GOP wasn’t allowed into Philly vote counting center. The judge in the lawsuit literally told the GOP they’re already in the center ... it was never about access by a request to move closer than 15’ from ballot processing.