Same day reservation cancellation

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

iriponsnow
Green Skidder

Same day reservation cancellation

Post by iriponsnow »

:dis

Tried for like 15 minutes to cancel my reservation today to no luck. Sent an email to support in the end.... anyone else have this issue? Likely something I’m missing on my part of the process.
SkiDork
Site Admin

Re: Same day reservation cancellation

Post by SkiDork »

they are aware of the same day cancellation problem, and an email to the mountain will suffice until they get it sorted.

From the K website:

HOW TO CANCEL & MANAGE YOUR RESERVATIONS
If your plans have changed, we understand. To ensure everyone has access to ski and ride this season, guests must cancel their parking reservations if plans change and you are unable to visit. If you need to adjust plans for any reason, please cancel up until 90 minutes prior to the lifts spinning on your day of arrival via the ParkWhiz app or email confirmation directly with ParkWhiz. Any time after that up until 9:00 a.m. on your day of arrival cancellations can only be made by emailing guestservices@killington.com. Be sure to include the parking pass number in your email.
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
PinnacleJim
Slalom Racer

Post by PinnacleJim »

This is a work in progress. One situation is a passholder who plans to ski but wakes up to r*in. You wait for it to stop before heading out, but it never does. Should be a way to cancel late easily.
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

Ran into this problem also. In my case, i accidentally double booked for one day when I meant to book the nrxt day. I emailed customer service, but then still got an email late that night saying i no showed a parking reservation even thiugh I did show up and ski.

The 90 day cancellation window appears to be intentional. I think they want to discourage people from taking a parking space only to cancel at the last minute.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

i canceled last night for today and got a confirmation email from park whiz. and canceled another day before 9am but after 7:30 park whiz deadline.

do think they need to allow more time. agree w pinnacle that there are days with inclement weather when you just might not know before 9am.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
ejrides
Black Carver

Post by ejrides »

I've shown up after 2 twice this week and there was no one to scan, so I'm counted as a no show
iriponsnow
Green Skidder

Post by iriponsnow »

ejrides wrote: Nov 27th, '20, 18:49 I've shown up after 2 twice this week and there was no one to scan, so I'm counted as a no show
Same, I made reservations to pick up the kids & upon driving up- no one is there.
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

So, as some of you have alluded to, whether we like it or not, they have to have a strict, "no show" policy, with some sort of "early" time limit on day of cancellations. If not, we will just all book the next 7 days out, and not give a sh*t, which is defeating the purpose.

So: As far as that goes, it appears that K has clearly indicated the rules [cancel before T-90 minutes, or up until 9:00 am via K website] for same day cancellations and we should just honor that.

Re: No Shows: Not sure how they are managing this, but there have been two days [both with pretty crappy weather] that I have arrived after they have stopped checking parking. I have not received any No Show emails from K for either of these two days. Not sure if I am on the No Show "bad" list or not. Time will tell.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

Captain Hafski wrote: Nov 28th, '20, 12:16 So, as some of you have alluded to, whether we like it or not, they have to have a strict, "no show" policy, with some sort of "early" time limit on day of cancellations. If not, we will just all book the next 7 days out, and not give a sh*t, which is defeating the purpose.

So: As far as that goes, it appears that K has clearly indicated the rules [cancel before T-90 minutes, or up until 9:00 am via K website] for same day cancellations and we should just honor that.

Re: No Shows: Not sure how they are managing this, but there have been two days [both with pretty crappy weather] that I have arrived after they have stopped checking parking. I have not received any No Show emails from K for either of these two days. Not sure if I am on the No Show "bad" list or not. Time will tell.
Perhaps they check the RFID lift scans for you when there is no scan to see if you DID show up.
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Post by ME2VTSkier »

Dickc wrote: Nov 28th, '20, 15:47Perhaps they check the RFID lift scans for you when there is no scan to see if you DID show up.
You would hope they are smart enough to cross reference the databases.
Skivt2
Bumper

Post by Skivt2 »

They are not smart enough because the reservation system has no tie to the RFID system. There is no “common key” to match the two databases unless the email used for parking reservations happens to be the one on your season pass account. We have skied 7 days and have had our parking reservations scanned 3 times. So 4 days we had reservations, we skied, and our reservations look like we were “no shows”. The first day of the season,11/20, we skied and we were not scanned. We have already received a warning email. I fully expect to have to get them to manually compare our scans to our reservations at some point. I am not going to email them every day I ski from the parking lot before I ski just because they can’t be bothered to have scanners on duty all day.
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

I don't know, after this weekend I am starting to think this is all for show. Got a text yesterday saying, we added more parking, please come book a reservation! Parking lot at k1 today was full and they were parking people at vale. Lift lines aplenty everywhere. Mountain super crowded for the conditions. I don't think they're limiting numbers much at all.

iriponsnow
Green Skidder

Post by iriponsnow »

easyrider16 wrote: Nov 28th, '20, 21:29 I don't know, after this weekend I am starting to think this is all for show. Got a text yesterday saying, we added more parking, please come book a reservation! Parking lot at k1 today was full and they were parking people at vale. Lift lines aplenty everywhere. Mountain super crowded for the conditions. I don't think they're limiting numbers much at all.

110% I sent a few emails & got no replies.... Don’t think they give AF. :lol: :lol: