The Biden Border Crisis

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Re: The Biden Border Crisis

Post by ANGUS »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Mar 29th, '21, 10:49 Image
Can you please sight the source of the chart?
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

Here's the stats published by the US Border Patrol on their very own web site that confirms these numbers, and also provides data through 2019 where there's a huge surge from around 400k to around 800k.

https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files ... 9%29_0.pdf

Pretty clear to see Trump's policies had little to no effect on these statistics. I suspect the same holds true for Biden's policies.
Guy in Shorts

Post by Guy in Shorts »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Mar 29th, '21, 15:41
throbster wrote: Mar 29th, '21, 15:39 Biden = liar, asshat, career politician, pedophile
Now do Trump :lol:
Trump = Creative liar, asshat, career showman, bully
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
Nikoli
Poster Child Poster

Post by Nikoli »

throbster wrote: Mar 29th, '21, 15:39 Biden = liar, asshat, career politician, pedophile
Love the alcohol response! True colors!
And the sea will grant each man new hope . . .
-Christopher Columbus
Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Bigjohnski »

You idiots know that Pelosi and the democrats took over the house in 2019 and caused that surge
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Haha okay, and what exactly did Pelosi and the democrats do to cause the surge?

How about this - looking at the numbers, in 2017 you had 303,916 apprehensions, then in 2018 you had 396,579, a 30% increase. What caused that? And what caused the numbers to continually trend down during Obama's first term in office? How about the fact that despite all Trump's changes to Obama's immigration enforcement policies, his numbers are pretty much even with those from Obama's second term?

Seems to me that these numbers are pretty clear. The policy changes from Obama to Trump to Biden had little to no effect on border crossing attempts. If you really want to analyze the numbers, Obama is the best performer of the three in stemming border crossing attempts.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

easyrider16 wrote: Mar 30th, '21, 16:10 Haha okay, and what exactly did Pelosi and the democrats do to cause the surge?

How about this - looking at the numbers, in 2017 you had 303,916 apprehensions, then in 2018 you had 396,579, a 30% increase. What caused that? And what caused the numbers to continually trend down during Obama's first term in office? How about the fact that despite all Trump's changes to Obama's immigration enforcement policies, his numbers are pretty much even with those from Obama's second term?

Seems to me that these numbers are pretty clear. The policy changes from Obama to Trump to Biden had little to no effect on border crossing attempts. If you really want to analyze the numbers, Obama is the best performer of the three in stemming border crossing attempts.
Don’t try facts on John. It’ll only give him a migraine.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Fancypants
Black Carver

Post by Fancypants »

easyrider16 wrote: Mar 30th, '21, 16:10 Haha okay, and what exactly did Pelosi and the democrats do to cause the surge?

On what planet do you reside? Certainly not this one.......
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Fancypants wrote: Mar 30th, '21, 21:35On what planet do you reside? Certainly not this one.......
Welcome back, Madhatter.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Mar 31st, '21, 06:16
Fancypants wrote: Mar 30th, '21, 21:35On what planet do you reside? Certainly not this one.......
Welcome back, Madhatter.
Ha, that's exactly what I was thinking.

In any case, to FancyPants/MadHatter, is there any form of rationale, fact, or other basis for your unsolicited opinion? I mean the data is what it is. Under Obama, border crossing attempts dropped sharply during his first term. During his second term, the numbers are pretty much even with Trump's, except 2019 when there was a huge spike (apparently due to Pelosi and the Democrats somehow, even though Trump's administration was in charge of border enforcement and Congress passed no law that changed any immigration policy).
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Welcome back, Madhatter.
Not likely...
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Fancypants
Black Carver

Post by Fancypants »

easyrider16 wrote: Mar 31st, '21, 06:17
Welcome back, Madhatter.
Ha, that's exactly what I was thinking.

In any case, to FancyPants/MadHatter, is there any form of rationale, fact, or other basis for your unsolicited opinion? I mean the data is what it is. Under Obama, border crossing attempts dropped sharply during his first term. During his second term, the numbers are pretty much even with Trump's, except 2019 when there was a huge spike (apparently due to Pelosi and the Democrats somehow, even though Trump's administration was in charge of border enforcement and Congress passed no law that changed any immigration policy).
First off, I'm not MadHatter, no idea who that person is. Secondly I take reference to your "my unsolicited opinion" comment. This is a "discussion" forum right? I'll admit I lean hard to the right but the repeated talking points, selective data, selective science, etc. being broadcast as gospel through the news/social media lately is frightining. In my upbringing I was always taught to question everything, especially coming from those of influence. Let's just say I have lot's of questions. When was the last time you questioned any of our current leaders or possibly a news article with unnamed sources?

Back to the subject at hand. I can think of one very specific policy change that having is having a huge impact on the current increase, (really wanted to use the word surge but then according to AOC I would be using a dog whistle and considered a white supremacist) removal of the remain in Mexico policy. Thoughts?
Last edited by Fancypants on Mar 31st, '21, 22:04, edited 1 time in total.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Fancypants wrote: Mar 31st, '21, 21:31When was the last time you questioned any of our current leaders or possibly a news article with unnamed sources?
You must be new here. Go take a look at the Biden thread and see some of my more recent posts where I criticize his spending proposals.
Fancypants wrote: Mar 31st, '21, 21:31Back to the subject at hand. I can think of one very specific policy change that having is having a huge impact on the current increase, (really wanted to use the word surge but then according to AOC I would be using a dog whistle and considered a white supremacist) removal of the remain in Mexico policy. Thoughts?
The numbers clearly suggest that the change in policy has had little effect in the past. Scroll up to my previous posts. At the risk of repeating myself, the number of annual border crossing apprehensions under Trump during his first two years was about equal to the annual numbers during Obama's second term. Then in 2019 there was a huge surge to twice the annual amount. All of this despite Trump's remain in Mexico policy being in full force and effect. Can you explain this? If the remain in Mexico policy had little effect on numbers during Trump's entire term in office, then how could repealing it have any effect?

Source: https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files ... 9%29_0.pdf

Btw, my reference to your "unsolicited opinion" was to your personal attack which did not address the merits of the actual issue. You're right, this is a discussion forum. The topic is politics, not what planet you think I'm on. If you can't address the merits of the issue, you have no reason to post here and your opinion is unsolicited. MadHatter was known for his constant personal attacks and use of ellipses, which is why I and XJ presumed you might be him.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Attachments
Screenshot_20210408-112928.png
Screenshot_20210408-112928.png (303.29 KiB) Viewed 949 times
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

I wonder how much comics like that contribute to the perception among migrants that Biden's administration will be more friendly to them?