NYT: Enemy of the People

Post by throbster »

I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: NYT: Enemy of the People

Post by easyrider16 »

I think the quality of reporting in general, on both sides, has gone down. The internet has wrecked the financial sustainability of the news business, and as a result, there are less resources to verify claims and there's a premium put on stories that grab eyeballs. NYT is not immune, but It's sort of hilarious that NYP is pointing it out given the tabloid nature that paper has adopted.
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

easyrider16 wrote: May 10th, '21, 15:27 I think the quality of reporting in general, on both sides, has gone down. The internet has wrecked the financial sustainability of the news business, and as a result, there are less resources to verify claims and there's a premium put on stories that grab eyeballs. NYT is not immune, but It's sort of hilarious that NYP is pointing it out given the tabloid nature that paper has adopted.
Let me digest that for you. The pot AND the Kettle are calling each other black. (If that is still a PC term to use, otherwise Mea Culpa.)
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

The N Y Slimes......is ahorrible rag....hard to recall that it wa sonce a mighty , newsworthy daily. same goes for that horror show...the Wash Post.