Florida

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: Florida

Post by easyrider16 »

throbster wrote:Okay, I trust you wear three masks, because you could get the rona just wearing two.

I think people should get vaccinated but they shouldn't have to prove it.

Spare me the long winded response Weezey. I don't read them.
It's clear from your irrelevant wearing three masks question that you either didn't read or didn't understand what I wrote. But I read what you wrote. Why shouldn't people have to prove they are vaccinated? Proof of vaccination is required in other contexts, like being able to attend school or day care. I don't see how this is different.

Bubba I didn't realize kids still got the polio vaccine but it makes sense given the disease is still around in other countries. I think I probably got it confused with smallpox, another disease we eradicated with vaccines.

I agree that a private company should have the right to require people be vaccinated before coming on their property. I believe the government providing a standardized proof of said vaccination is helpful to that effect. I'm not sure what good reason there would be for the governor's prohibition against a vaccine passport other than it wins him some votes from ignorant people.

What truly blows me away is that we are in a worldwide pandemic, the results of that are obvious with so many sick or dead, and we have the god damn cure right now. Yet all of these ignorant people/politicians refuse to listen to experts who spend their lives studying this stuff and instead try to obstruct. People suck sometimes.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

easyrider16 wrote: Apr 11th, '21, 21:13Bubba I didn't realize kids still got the polio vaccine but it makes sense given the disease is still around in other countries. I think I probably got it confused with smallpox, another disease we eradicated with vaccines.
We actually have issues in some schools around here where the vaccination levels of the student age population is decreasing. Slowly getting closer to 10% of students not vaccinated due to 'medical' or 'religious' or 'philosophical' exemptions. Yes, PA allows exemptions under each of the three categories.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

easyrider16 wrote: Apr 11th, '21, 21:13
throbster wrote:Okay, I trust you wear three masks, because you could get the rona just wearing two.

I think people should get vaccinated but they shouldn't have to prove it.

Spare me the long winded response Weezey. I don't read them.
It's clear from your irrelevant wearing three masks question that you either didn't read or didn't understand what I wrote. But I read what you wrote. Why shouldn't people have to prove they are vaccinated? Proof of vaccination is required in other contexts, like being able to attend school or day care. I don't see how this is different.

Bubba I didn't realize kids still got the polio vaccine but it makes sense given the disease is still around in other countries. I think I probably got it confused with smallpox, another disease we eradicated with vaccines.

I agree that a private company should have the right to require people be vaccinated before coming on their property. I believe the government providing a standardized proof of said vaccination is helpful to that effect. I'm not sure what good reason there would be for the governor's prohibition against a vaccine passport other than it wins him some votes from ignorant people.

What truly blows me away is that we are in a worldwide pandemic, the results of that are obvious with so many sick or dead, and we have the god damn cure right now. Yet all of these ignorant people/politicians refuse to listen to experts who spend their lives studying this stuff and instead try to obstruct. People suck sometimes.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
So you must support voter ID requirements.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

throbster wrote: Apr 12th, '21, 11:26 So you must support voter ID requirements.
I would love to know how you think voter ID has anything to do with a vaccination passport. Voter ID is a requirement that people show ID to exercise a fundamental right. A vaccination passport is just proof that you got a shot, and is not required to exercise any fundamental right anywhere. How are those things comparable?

Btw, I'm not necessarily against some form of Voter ID law so long as it can be done in a fair way that doesn't preclude people from one side or the other from being able to vote. However, given the very low levels of fraud in our elections, I don't really see changes to what we have now being necessary. That's another difference, here, because with regard to vaccinations, we have a very serious problem that a vaccine passport can help to solve.
Fancypants
Black Carver

Post by Fancypants »

easyrider16 wrote: Apr 12th, '21, 11:29
throbster wrote: Apr 12th, '21, 11:26 So you must support voter ID requirements.
I would love to know how you think voter ID has anything to do with a vaccination passport. Voter ID is a requirement that people show ID to exercise a fundamental right. A vaccination passport is just proof that you got a shot, and is not required to exercise any fundamental right anywhere. How are those things comparable?
Voter ID is to verify that you actually have the right to cast a ballot, Vax passports are only intended to restrict the rights that are inherently given to all citizens already.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Fancypants wrote: Jul 11th, '21, 19:44
Voter ID is to verify that you actually have the right to cast a ballot, Vax passports are only intended to restrict the rights that are inherently given to all citizens already.
You mean like proof of vaccination needed for kids to register for school?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Interesting. I thought voting was a right inherently given to all citizens already. Pretty sure there's a couple of amendments about it (see the 15th, 19th, 24th, 26th... all describe it as a "right").

The opposition to vaccination passports is as asinine as believing Trump lost due to voter fraud. Even more so if you are for a voter ID but not a vaccination passport. Voting clearly is a fundamental right, and forcing you to get an ID certainly is a minimal restriction on that right because you can't exercise the right without getting an ID. By that measure, a vaccination passport is a far lesser restriction. You're not required to get it, no one is forcing you to get a vaccine, and not having a passport won't deny you from the exercise of any fundamental right you have. Other people might decide not to do business with you if you don't show them your passport, but isn't it their right not to do business with someone so fundamentally stupid as to not get a free vaccine with almost no side effects that could eradicate a disease that has killed millions of people?
Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Bigjohnski »

Easy rider should deported to Cuba immediately.

Since he likes big government overreach.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Bigjohnski wrote: Jul 12th, '21, 08:21 Easy rider should deported to Cuba immediately.

Since he likes big government overreach.
So a vaccination passport is government overreach, but a Voter ID isn't? How does that make sense?

And why should I leave? I was born here. I'm a legal U.S. citizen. The Constitution of MY country protects my right to say these things. If you don't like what I have to say, YOU can leave.
Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Bigjohnski »

State voter ID. Federal government has zero business mandating the vaccines. I have rights too and what you and the leftist want to do is despicable one size fits all heavy handed government regulations

No thanks.
Fancypants
Black Carver

Post by Fancypants »

easyrider16 wrote: Jul 12th, '21, 06:45
Interesting. I thought voting was a right inherently given to all citizens already. Pretty sure there's a couple of amendments about it (see the 15th, 19th, 24th, 26th... all describe it as a "right").

The opposition to vaccination passports is as asinine as believing Trump lost due to voter fraud. Even more so if you are for a voter ID but not a vaccination passport. Voting clearly is a fundamental right, and forcing you to get an ID certainly is a minimal restriction on that right because you can't exercise the right without getting an ID. By that measure, a vaccination passport is a far lesser restriction. You're not required to get it, no one is forcing you to get a vaccine, and not having a passport won't deny you from the exercise of any fundamental right you have. Other people might decide not to do business with you if you don't show them your passport, but isn't it their right not to do business with someone so fundamentally stupid as to not get a free vaccine with almost no side effects that could eradicate a disease that has killed millions of people?
Apples and Oranges! Voting is a fundamental right but why wouldn't you agree to presenting legal photo ID when casting a ballot to protect the power of your vote? How is this voter supression? You need a photo ID to do pretty much anything these days: fly on a plane, drive a car, fish, hunt, receive government services, see a doctor, drink alchohol, buy a firearm, purchase cannabis, etc. Why not for one of the most sacred rights we have as Americans.

Covid is done! No need for Vax Cards.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

I'm not arguing against voter ID, here. I think you sort of missed the point that all those arguments in favor of voter ID pretty much apply to vaccination passports. Including the argument that neither are necessary given the current circumstances.
Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Bigjohnski »

With voter ID the democrats won’t be able to cheat anymore.
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Florida now leads the nation in daily cases, hospitalizations and deaths. At the same time their moron governor is selling t-shirts mocking science and saying he will ban mask use in schools this fall.

Why are Republicans so stupid?
Don't Killington Pico
Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Bigjohnski »

Democrats are letting in illegals with the China virus. Dullard