Attempts to Overturn the 2020 Election

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Attempts to Overturn the 2020 Election

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Worse than you expected or meets your expectations?

This is one of the items I point out to my buddies who say Trump is just exaggerating all the time (big hat, no cattle). He wasn't exaggerating, he was/is serious.

Snippets are provided below for the bipartisan Oversight and Reform Committee, but context can be obtained through the below URL.

Committee Obtains Key Evidence of President Trump’s Attempts to Overturn the 2020 Election
https://oversight.house.gov/news/press- ... erturn-the

The handwritten notes (by then-Acting Deputy Attorney General Richard P. Donoghue) of the December 27, 2020, meeting provide additional evidence that former President Trump pressured top DOJ officials to take official action to overturn the results of the 2020 election.

Trump Urged DOJ to Call Election “Illegal” and “Corrupt” and Implied He Might Replace Agency Leadership

The notes include the following exchange, attributable to former President Trump (“P”) and Mr. Rosen, who was Deputy Attorney General (“DAG”) prior to his appointment as Acting Attorney General a few days before the call:

“- DAG … ‘understand that the DOJ can’t + won’t snap its fingers + change the outcome of the election, doesn’t work that way.’” (p. 4)

“ - P: ‘Don’t expect you to do that, just say that the election was corrupt + leave the rest to me and the R. Congressmen.’” (pp. 4-5).

The notes also include the following statement by former President Trump:

“‘We have an obligation to tell people that this was an illegal, corrupt election.’”

“People tell me Jeff Clark is great, I should put him in. People want me to replace DOJ leadership.” (p. 6)

Trump Advanced Voter Fraud Claims Debunked by DOJ

The notes include several other statements from President Trump alleging voter fraud and urging DOJ to take action in response:

“People are angry – blaming DOJ + for inaction” (p. 2)

“DOJ failing to respond to legitimate complaints / report of crimes” (p. 3)

“‘You guys may not be following the internet the way I do’” (p. 3)

“P – this is electioneering fraud” (p. 6)

The notes show that President Trump advanced these claims even though Mr. Rosen and Mr. Donoghue repeatedly informed him that his allegations of voter fraud were false:

“Sir we have done dozens of investig., hundreds of interviews, major allegations are not supported by evid. developed.” (p. 5)

“We are doing our job. Much of the info you’re getting is false.” (p. 5)

“Told him flat out that much of the info he is getting is false, +/or just not supported by the evidence – we look at allegations but they do not pan out.” (p. 6)

The December 27, 2020, notes contain the following additional statements attributable to the former President:

“You figure out what to do w/ H. Biden—people will criticize the DOJ if he’s not investigated for real.” (p. 4)

“These people who saying that the election isn’t corrupt are corrupt.” (p. 7)

“Not much time left” (p. 7)
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: Attempts to Overturn the 2020 Election

Post by deadheadskier »

He should be jailed. Easily the most corrupt President we ever had. Thankfully he wasn't successful in undermining democracy.
Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Bigjohnski »

democrats hate the truth that no talent Joe is still a former VP and lost the election on illegal ballots
skidogg
Poster Child Poster

Post by skidogg »

Bigjohnski wrote: Aug 11th, '21, 11:55 democrats hate the truth that no talent Joe is still a former VP and lost the election on illegal ballots
jackoff
fast is cool.
Faster is cooler. bring back the dis
Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Bigjohnski »

Amazing comment coming form a moron
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Bigjohnski wrote: Aug 11th, '21, 16:14 Amazing comment coming form a moron
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

Moron is one of those confounding terms. It should be MORE OFF.
Bigjohnski
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Bigjohnski »

the coverup is worse than the crime libby's