Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

shortski
Site Admin

Re: Dedicated Express Access Lanes

Post by shortski »

Call it what it is

RICH BITCH LINE

Get stickers made up.

Had to weigh in on this issue. Got my full refund today, no beast bucks, no 5% charge…. Deja Vu. It’s a reminder of the first days of Powdr

Birds eating bugs of the elephants back

Don’t tip you hat

We’re Back to the Future…

👍😇🤦‍♂️
Last edited by shortski on Oct 15th, '21, 18:05, edited 1 time in total.
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

Relax it won't last a month.
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

Too bad would make for some interesting showdowns.

Imagine being in the K1 Gondi line for 30 minutes and a guy skis up to the Rich Bitch Line and turns and laughs at the peasants still waiting…… and you know that will happen.
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

Yup probably won't last a month and will likely have no impact on the regular pass holders' wait time.

Watching everyone get all worked up about, though, is priceless. Bring on the snow.
LocalSanity
Blue Chatterbox

Post by LocalSanity »

Unpopular opinion: these lines will provide additional revenue that will improve everyone's mountain experience.
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

What's a busy day at Killington 10k visitors?

So 2% would be 200 skiers

$100/fast pass is $20k

How many days a year could they pull this much revenue?
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA - 31

Ski Visits in VT -12

Ski Visits in NY - 1

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

shortski wrote: Oct 15th, '21, 18:18 Too bad would make for some interesting showdowns.

Imagine being in the K1 Gondi line for 30 minutes and a guy skis up to the Rich Bitch Line and turns and laughs at the peasants still waiting…… and you know that will happen.
You wouldn't catch me waiting in a thirty minute line. I trust this year they will be loading lifts at full capacity, but has that been confirmed?
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

jimmywilson69 wrote: Oct 16th, '21, 08:06 What's a busy day at Killington 10k visitors?

So 2% would be 200 skiers

$100/fast pass is $20k

How many days a year could they pull this much revenue?
How much was spent adding additional RFID lanes?
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
skibikeclimbguy
Black Carver

Post by skibikeclimbguy »

jimmywilson69 wrote: Oct 16th, '21, 08:06 What's a busy day at Killington 10k visitors?
A busy Saturday is easily 15k+
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

I guess what I'm saying is, IF, and I think its a big IF, they sell out several times a year on days where they are at 10k visitors or more, they could add an additional $100K in revenue or more.

not supporting this, but just putting numbers to it
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA - 31

Ski Visits in VT -12

Ski Visits in NY - 1

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

Post by Southside_Bobby »

It's not about how much money they could make. How much money would they make if they raised the price of every day ticket $1?

It's not about how much others are inconvenienced or not. The "this won't affect anyone much" rationale is almost as lame as the move itself.

And that's saying something. 'Cause this is the lamest thing they have done at K in years.

It's ironic that we were recently discussing the notion of Vail owning K, and whether things would be different for better or worse. I was one who was glad Powdr owned K.

Then they pull this.

Any "improvement" that they can only sell as a good thing to a tiny percentage of their customers, while having to defend it with "stop fretting, it won't affect you too much" to everyone else, is lame.

Any "improvement" that they are too embarrassed to even mention, until stories appear in the press, is lame.

Remember when RFID was nothing but one of several wish-list items at K? Mike said at the time that the price tag for installing gates at so many access points might make it cost prohibitive. He didn't give the impression that installing new gates at ten lifts is a minor investment.

But cost is no option when you are courting the wealthy.

The same clientele who they so desperately want a village in order to court.
2014 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift shouldn't be."
2019 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift (operating midweek) shouldn't be."
2023 - Killington announces that the South Ridge lift will run five days a week.
2024 - Killington lied.
GSKI
Powderhound

Post by GSKI »

Need more money? Just raise all the passes and tickets by 50c and it pays for whatever you hoped to raise through this poorly thought out boondoggle and does not anger people like you know it will when a bunch of rich dopes get to cheat the line on a huge powder day. The good thing is most all of the people doing this suck as skiers or riders anyway so they are losers and much hated.
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

Yep . . . Still a shltty idea no matter how many cookies Mike hands out in the lift line . .
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

shortski wrote: Oct 15th, '21, 18:00 Call it what it is

RICH BITCH LINE

Get stickers made up.

Had to weigh in on this issue. Got my full refund today, no beast bucks, no 5% charge…. Deja Vu. It’s a reminder of the first days of Powdr

Birds eating bugs of the elephants back

Don’t tip you hat

We’re Back to the Future…

👍😇🤦‍♂️
Welcome Back!!! Fakebook's loss is the Kzone gain. Hard to kicked off here when you're an admin.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
biged
Slalom Racer

Post by biged »

Guessing like other mountains season pass sales are the highest they have ever been. At least that is the case at some smaller mountains and their kids programs selling out in a day. Expect it to be busy this year.

1. Are we going to see the canyon quad, snowdon triple, bear chair, southridge quad and needles run full time or stay on the same schedule?
2. Who waived the magic wand to get more room at the lift lines? Last year the snowdon 6 had every line past the gate and starting to block the trail to rams head. Same at Skye Peak Quad. Long line at Needles etc... I would guess if you are making a problem worse you are increasing your liability if someone gets hurt in a collision. Better order some signs walking required here to get by the lift mess you are creating.
3. Powdr can drop everything to get these new scanners in but you can't finish the new lodge. Maybe you should consider hiring the person who built the McDonalds in Rutland.
4. Guessing the Elite will also like paying $10 for a beer or glass of wine in a cheap plastic cup.