Really long skateboard at K

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

snowsprite
Post Office

Really long skateboard at K

Post by snowsprite »

Last weekend when we were at K, we were driving up the access road late Sunday afternoon and there was a dude on a skateboard that was the longest skateboard I ever saw. This thing had to be like 3 feet long or more. But it didn't have huge knobby wheels like a mountainboard. And this guy was riding it right down the middle of the access road (granted, not a lot of traffic) w/ no shirt on and just some kind of do-rag. No other padding.

Jackass material!

Any locals ever seen this dudeliness, or did Token and I have one too many at Dr. No's place?

Sprite
I like wine.
2pink1stink
Slalom Racer

Post by 2pink1stink »

it's called a longboard. it's designed for carving instead of street or vert skating. it's a lot of fun. you should try it before you knock it.

forget that. you'll probably fall and break your neck.
RJSVermont
Slalom Racer

Post by RJSVermont »

I have a Sector 9 supercruiser, I think it's about 46 inches long with some Randall trucks and swiss abec 7 bearings, man that thing could cook downhill. It was nice to practice carving on hills late at night with friends and I firmly believe it helped my form/balance for both surfing and snowboarding. My last couple of semesters in college I used to ride to and from class in Boston. I always got a kick out of the strange looks people would give me, kinda like the one you're describing.

Anyway with that lords of dogtown movie out I suspect you might see more of them around.
Last edited by RJSVermont on Jun 9th, '05, 15:16, edited 1 time in total.
Some things just can't be bought......
mogulmouse
Powderhound

Post by mogulmouse »

getting the speed wobbles on those are sick ;)
snowsprite
Post Office

Post by snowsprite »

Now what makes you think I am knocking it? I was just laughing at the guy half naked w/ no melon-protection on. I never said I would not try it. Also, what's with the neck-breaking comment? That's so out there. :?

tsk tsk...Come on now pinkie-pie, I never pick on you. Don't be getting all weenie-like on me!
:wink:
Sprite
2pink1stink wrote:it's called a longboard. it's designed for carving instead of street or vert skating. it's a lot of fun. you should try it before you knock it.

forget that. you'll probably fall and break your neck.
I like wine.