The Big Lie

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Bubba
Site Admin

The Big Lie

Post by Bubba »

It has been over a year since the presidential election and almost a year since certification of Joe Biden's election as President on January 6, 2021. Still, we continue to have KZone posters repeating the "big lie" about election fraud. Recounts, legitimate and otherwise, have been conducted, courts have rejected fraud claims in numerous states, and all 50 states long ago certified their elections.

KZone Admins have decided to put an end right now (here at least) to continuing claims of election illegitimacy. If you have evidence of fraud, provide it to election authorities, otherwise just let it go. From this point on, anyone posting on Kzone claiming presidential election fraud or making related arguments about the legitimacy of the 2020 presidential election will immediately be subject to permanent moderation of their posts.

Bubba
SkiDork
Spanky
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Re: The Big Lie

Post by Mister Moose »

Disappointed. Please keep us abreast of other lies and forbidden subjects that rest in such certainty. I think Roe vs Wade is considered settled law. Care to ban discussion on that? How about who killed Lincoln? Can we discuss Robert E Lee, or is he someone who's name shall not be spoken? How about global warming? Isn't that established for years now by the science?

Opinions should die in the sunlight on the vine on their merits, not at the hand of authority.

Not a good look.

But it's your sandbox.
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Republicans are using the big lie to justify voter suppression laws so they can steal future elections.
Don't Killington Pico
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

Mister Moose wrote: Dec 14th, '21, 23:04 Disappointed. Please keep us abreast of other lies and forbidden subjects that rest in such certainty. I think Roe vs Wade is considered settled law. Care to ban discussion on that? How about who killed Lincoln? Can we discuss Robert E Lee, or is he someone who's name shall not be spoken? How about global warming? Isn't that established for years now by the science?

Opinions should die in the sunlight on the vine on their merits, not at the hand of authority.

Not a good look.

But it's your sandbox.
I'm with Moose on this one. I understand it's a private place with private rules and not my call to make, but I wouldn't have made that call. Bias (including bias I agree with) never looks good on a moderator.
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

Just my opinion, but I would prefer you moderate people for incivility and personal attacks, not the content of their opinions, however ridiculous and non-factual they may be. In any case, the people making the personal attacks and generally being uncivil are usually the ones spouting the nonsensical opinions supporting the big lie.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Facebook has a job for you Bah bah as a fact checker.

The big lie was Russia Collusion. Also that Jan. 6 was an insurrection. Add those to your list comrade.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Opinions noted. Thank you.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe