tuesday 12/21 report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

tuesday 12/21 report

Post by skiadikt »

a rinse and repeat day. warmer temps but a biting wind. pretty much a groomer day with the prevailing condition being flat & fast hard pack. a couple shots down chute/GB at the bell. mouse trap skied very well with the 2 fan guns running. supe area continues to get better every day. the 1st turn on supe is rather "slick" but skis nicely after. bitter is the best in that pod. most of the nats are toast. exceptions are upper flush & upper dipper. low road ok but rather thin. skied every open trail. surprised to find swirl not closed for racing and it skied very well.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Re: tuesday 12/21 report

Post by hillbangin »

Very busy up here for a Tuesday in December.

K1 Rams shed - half of vale and half of upper shed lots full.

Morning was ok. Ski'd off by 1.

Early bird is winning.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Humpty Dumpty
Post Office

Post by Humpty Dumpty »

How were all of the headwalls you dopes buy into the Killington marketing machine? And calling themselves "The Beast" is a joke. It's actually annoying.
DES
Slalom Racer

Post by DES »

This is the first time this season that your conditions report weren't the same as at Cannon. Report had said an inch or two fell overnight Monday so I don't know if that could have been the difference, but conditions were really nice (only slick/icy spots at a couple typical places showed up), ungroomed or groomed skied well. No wind either all day. I did hear Monday had been really crowded, so I'm happy that I had other plans and waited til Tues. Think Snow
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

Humpty Dumpty wrote: Dec 21st, '21, 21:51 How were all of the headwalls you dopes buy into the Killington marketing machine? And calling themselves "The Beast" is a joke.
The headwalls at The Beast were a mixed bag. The Superstar headwall was great. I didn't try the Bittersweet headwall because it looked like treacherous breakable crust, but I half wanted to. Ovation headwall looked unskiable.
Humpty Dumpty wrote: Dec 21st, '21, 21:51It's actually annoying.
Glad it's working! Long live The Beast!
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

Humpty Dumpty wrote:How were all of the headwalls you dopes buy into the Killington marketing machine? And calling themselves "The Beast" is a joke. It's actually annoying.
No headwalls here.

We also have a trail called Chute butt it's not a Chute

The Canyon isn't really a canyon.

K is Beastly when compared to places like Slokemo and Lazy River.

Are you constipated again? That makes you a Grumpy Humpty. Stay off the Cheddar.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Ramshead isn't an actual head of a ram either.
:barebutt:
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
Seamus the Leprechan
Green Skidder

Post by Seamus the Leprechan »

easyrider16 wrote: Dec 22nd, '21, 07:30
Humpty Dumpty wrote: Dec 21st, '21, 21:51 How were all of the headwalls you dopes buy into the Killington marketing machine? And calling themselves "The Beast" is a joke.
The headwalls at The Beast were a mixed bag. The Superstar headwall was great. I didn't try the Bittersweet headwall because it looked like treacherous breakable crust, but I half wanted to. Ovation headwall looked unskiable.
Humpty Dumpty wrote: Dec 21st, '21, 21:51It's actually annoying.
Glad it's working! Long live The Beast!
Then you obviously need some ski lessons if you can't get down that terrain.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Seamus the Leprechan wrote: Dec 22nd, '21, 08:46 Then you obviously need some ski lessons if you can't get down that terrain.
Hey there little Leprechan! Never said I couldn't. How about I take ski lessons when you take reading comprehension lessons? :banana:
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Afternoon Report: Unlike the morning session [from posts above], the afternoon was not a rinse / repeat of the day before. Guess I got lucky Monday with the wind refresh that we were enjoying at the Supe Pod.

Why is it so busy here? About the same crowd as Monday looking at the parking lots. Ikon ?

At any rate, for me it was a Mister Moose 'Meh' day. Only standouts were the low angle nats that SA already mentioned.

Rime bumps getting firmer each day.

Superstar was not fun at all. I thought Skyelark was the best over there.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Captain Hafski wrote: Dec 22nd, '21, 09:54 Why is it so busy here? About the same crowd as Monday looking at the parking lots. Ikon ?
Could be. Ikon blackouts start Dec 26 so people could be getting their Xmas ski in before that happens. Also seems like a fair amount of people are choosing this week for Christmas vacation.