Banff

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Scotchvalley
Beginner On Rentals

Banff

Post by Scotchvalley »

Has anyone been to Banff this year? How are crowds? Any other info that you would find helpful. Planning on a a trip first week in April.
Been numerous times but not since Covid.
spanky
Site Admin

Re: Banff

Post by spanky »

Scotchvalley wrote:Has anyone been to Banff this year? How are crowds? Any other info that you would find helpful. Planning on a a trip first week in April.
Not Banff, but just got back from Whistler yesterday. Whistler is always busy for spring break, but I think it was slightly less busy this year.

Travel to Canada isn’t so bad now that they accept rapid antigen tests. You also need to test for your return to the states.

I tested negative Saturday night. I started feeling shitty on my return flight yesterday and tested positive when I got home.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

spanky wrote: Mar 21st, '22, 20:27
Scotchvalley wrote:Has anyone been to Banff this year? How are crowds? Any other info that you would find helpful. Planning on a a trip first week in April.
Not Banff, but just got back from Whistler yesterday. Whistler is always busy for spring break, but I think it was slightly less busy this year.

Travel to Canada isn’t so bad now that they accept rapid antigen tests. You also need to test for your return to the states.

I tested negative Saturday night. I started feeling shitty on my return flight yesterday and tested positive when I got home.
Sorry to hear you got it and hope the effects aren't too bad. Feel better soon. Did your son get it too?
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

Banff was pretty busy last week.

Make dinner reservations early.

Lake Louise and Sunshine were not that busy on the weekends.

Revi was checking vax cards everywhere but not really restricting anything.

Conditions are great up there. Lots of snow.

Rumor has it next year Boston to Calgary direct on WestJet.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Seacoaster
Bumper

Post by Seacoaster »

hillbangin wrote: Mar 22nd, '22, 06:44
Banff was pretty busy last week.

Make dinner reservations early.

Lake Louise and Sunshine were not that busy on the weekends.

Revi was checking vax cards everywhere but not really restricting anything.

Conditions are great up there. Lots of snow.

Rumor has it next year Boston to Calgary direct on WestJet.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
We already take the Montreal to Calgary direct, if you live in K, it is overall faster.
wannabeskibum
Bumper

Post by wannabeskibum »

Scotchvalley wrote: Mar 21st, '22, 19:21 Has anyone been to Banff this year? How are crowds? Any other info that you would find helpful. Planning on a a trip first week in April.
Just returning from 3 days of skiing Lake Louise and Sunshine after a work trip. Crowds were low (I skied Friday @ Lake Louise and Sat/Sun @ Sunshine). They have a very deep base. On Saturday, I was skiing with my Calgary based boss and he was feeling bad that we were skiing on a day when the snow was only marginal (which was nice packed powder!). Saturday night there was 6 inches of snow and Sunday was a tremendous ski day with many powder pockets.

If you go after April 1st, no covid test will be required if you are fully vaccinated to enter Canada. Currently you still a rapid antigen test taken 1 day before your return to the US. It is easy to get a rapid antigen test in Calgary at a local drug store chain.
Skis - Blizzard Brahma 88, Nordica Enforcer 104
Age - over 45 years @ Killington