Ukraine / Russia

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
throbster
Postaholic

Re: Ukraine / Russia

Post by throbster »

Why are Democrats hellbent on going to war over Ukraine? How many billions have we sent in aid?
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

throbster wrote: May 2nd, '22, 19:24 Why are Democrats hellbent on going to war over Ukraine? How many billions have we sent in aid?
:?: :?: :?:
Congress passes bill to loan US military equipment to Ukraine and allies
https://www.defensenews.com/congress/20 ... nd-allies/
The House passed the Ukraine Democracy Defense Lend-Lease Act, introduced by Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, by a 417-10 vote after the Senate unanimously passed the legislation earlier this month.
By the way, it passed the Senate 100-0.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

All those damn Rino's!
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Adam Schiff: : All of the freedom loving world has an interest in the outcome of this war and ensuring that Ukraine is victorious and we are determined to do everything in our power to make it so. We are proud to stand shoulder to shoulder with Ukraine and will until victory is won.

Hmmm... What does Putin think of that while he sits on the world's largest stockpile of nuclear weapons?

We should be leading peace talks and nothing else.

- Simon and Garfunkel
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

throbster wrote: May 3rd, '22, 07:47 Adam Schiff: : All of the freedom loving world has an interest in the outcome of this war and ensuring that Ukraine is victorious and we are determined to do everything in our power to make it so. We are proud to stand shoulder to shoulder with Ukraine and will until victory is won.

Hmmm... What does Putin think of that while he sits on the world's largest stockpile of nuclear weapons?

Yeah because appeasement worked so well in the lead up to WWII.

Regan stood at the Berlin War and told Russia to tear it down. He also sent stinger missiles to the Afghans while they fought a similar Soviet invasion. The Soviets had nukes then, too, but we had a leader willing to stand up to them in spite of it.

I hope Putin hears what Schiff said. Putin's despotism needs to be opposed or he will go right on conquering his neighbors until we have WWIII on our hands. If he, and others like him, see the world is willing to stand up to them, they will think twice before invading another country like Ukraine. This is what strong leadership looks like.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

throbster wrote: May 3rd, '22, 07:47 Adam Schiff: : All of the freedom loving world has an interest in the outcome of this war and ensuring that Ukraine is victorious and we are determined to do everything in our power to make it so. We are proud to stand shoulder to shoulder with Ukraine and will until victory is won.

Calling Neville Chamberlain :bang
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Putin had a legitimate concern about Ukraine joining NATO. How he chose to settle it was wrong, but advocating for Ukraine to fight to the end will result in a lot of misery.

It's time to use diplomacy before it is too late ( might be already). But the last thing we need is to get involved in a war.

Surprising to see lefties turn into war hawks all of a sudden.

- Simon and Garfunkel
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

throbster wrote: May 3rd, '22, 12:30 Putin had a legitimate concern about Ukraine joining NATO. How he chose to settle it was wrong, but advocating for Ukraine to fight to the end will result in a lot of misery.

It's time to use diplomacy before it is too late ( might be already). But the last thing we need is to get involved in a war.

Aren't peace talks ongoing? Do you think Ukraine should convey some of their soverign land to Russia and/or agree to never join NATO?
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

throbster wrote: May 3rd, '22, 12:30 Putin had a legitimate concern about Ukraine joining NATO. How he chose to settle it was wrong, but advocating for Ukraine to fight to the end will result in a lot of misery.

Putin did not have a legitimate concern. In the entire history of its existence, NATO has never attacked anyone. It is a purely defensive alliance. The only reason Putin had a problem with it is that he was afraid it would stand in his way as he tried to subjugate former soviet republics.

One might argue that it was too late for diplomacy when Putin launched his special military operation. He started this war, not us. But there is always a chance for diplomacy. In that regard, it's usually better to negotiate from a position of strength.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

easyrider16 wrote: May 3rd, '22, 12:39

Putin did not have a legitimate concern. In the entire history of its existence, NATO has never attacked anyone. It is a purely defensive alliance. The only reason Putin had a problem with it is that he was afraid it would stand in his way as he tried to subjugate former soviet republics.

One might argue that it was too late for diplomacy when Putin launched his special military operation. He started this war, not us. But there is always a chance for diplomacy. In that regard, it's usually better to negotiate from a position of strength.
:bull

https://www.forbes.com/sites/melikkayla ... 773192dd87

- Simon and Garfunkel
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

one of the few things we agree on.

however, don't confuse liberals and leftists, we are not the same. leftists are anti-war all the time, liberals are anti-war when its the republicans waging it. when its the democrats, they are pro war.

its actually really sad watching in real time how all of my liberal friends' and family's brains have turned into propagandized mush over ukraine. what's happening there is terrible and unfortunate, however, it is not worth ending most or all life on earth (and forget humans, think of all the animals who will needlessly suffer) over via nuclear armageddon. my new favorite is "tactical nukes" as if that's not going to lead to mutually assured destruction.
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: May 2nd, '22, 20:12
throbster wrote: May 2nd, '22, 19:24 Why are Democrats hellbent on going to war over Ukraine? How many billions have we sent in aid?
:?: :?: :?:
Congress passes bill to loan US military equipment to Ukraine and allies
https://www.defensenews.com/congress/20 ... nd-allies/
The House passed the Ukraine Democracy Defense Lend-Lease Act, introduced by Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, by a 417-10 vote after the Senate unanimously passed the legislation earlier this month.
By the way, it passed the Senate 100-0.
just goes to show that when it comes to maintaining the american global imperial empire, the two parties and even usually the good guy bernie sanders are the exact same.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

:lol: You didn't read this article, did you? If you did, I don't think you understood it, because it pretty much supports what I said above.
asher2789 wrote: May 3rd, '22, 19:11 its actually really sad watching in real time how all of my liberal friends' and family's brains have turned into propagandized mush over ukraine. what's happening there is terrible and unfortunate, however, it is not worth ending most or all life on earth (and forget humans, think of all the animals who will needlessly suffer) over via nuclear armageddon.
So what's your solution, just allow Putin to take whatever he wants in Europe just because he has nukes? Where does that end? Because it seems to me, sooner or later, it ends with WWIII.
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

easyrider16 wrote: May 3rd, '22, 21:17
:lol: You didn't read this article, did you? If you did, I don't think you understood it, because it pretty much supports what I said above.
asher2789 wrote: May 3rd, '22, 19:11 its actually really sad watching in real time how all of my liberal friends' and family's brains have turned into propagandized mush over ukraine. what's happening there is terrible and unfortunate, however, it is not worth ending most or all life on earth (and forget humans, think of all the animals who will needlessly suffer) over via nuclear armageddon.
So what's your solution, just allow Putin to take whatever he wants in Europe just because he has nukes? Where does that end? Because it seems to me, sooner or later, it ends with WWIII.
well since we dont have a time machine to go back to 1991 and dissolve the useless NATO "defensive" agreement, yes. you do realize that nuclear war will likely kill you if you are lucky, or you will suffer until you die in the post apocalyptic world? putin likely has cancer, and has nothing to lose in taking the world out with him (though supposedly he has a daughter, so maybe he will behave rationally and not end the world.) LOL at putin being the "bad guy" when we regime change anyone who tries to stand up to american imperialism. 90% of drone strike casualties in afghanistan were civilians. oh and the guy who leaked that information got sent to prison. so much for freedom of the press... so long as you dont criticize the empire (see assange, snowden and winner for more examples). but poooootin bad!

lets also just casually forget the past ~decade of the "liberal" press stating that neonazis were running rampant in ukraine. lets totally forget that azov and others are totally not nazis, and that they havent been idolizing and celebrating nazis for some time. that being said, i really feel for ALL of the civilians suffering through war right now. including places like yemen, where we fund the saudi's slaughter of yemenis. those same saudis who were 17 of the 19 9/11 hijackers!

also, it is SO CONVENIENT for the military industrial complex to get a new forever war, right after the longest war in american history came to an end. a war we lost, no less. man those contractors must be so thrilled to renovate the bathrooms and kitchens in their vacation homes.

f*** liberals. "antiwar" until its the democrats waging it. this is why i am a leftist, because i am antiwar, all the time. i can only imagine the conniption democrats would be having if trump were the one in office doing the exact same thing biden is doing. f*** hypocrites.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

asher2789 wrote: May 4th, '22, 16:33
easyrider16 wrote: May 3rd, '22, 21:17
well since we dont have a time machine to go back to 1991 and dissolve the useless NATO "defensive" agreement, yes. you do realize that nuclear war will likely kill you if you are lucky, or you will suffer until you die in the post apocalyptic world? putin likely has cancer, and has nothing to lose in taking the world out with him (though supposedly he has a daughter, so maybe he will behave rationally and not end the world.) LOL at putin being the "bad guy" when we regime change anyone who tries to stand up to american imperialism. 90% of drone strike casualties in afghanistan were civilians. oh and the guy who leaked that information got sent to prison. so much for freedom of the press... so long as you dont criticize the empire (see assange, snowden and winner for more examples). but poooootin bad!

lets also just casually forget the past ~decade of the "liberal" press stating that neonazis were running rampant in ukraine. lets totally forget that azov and others are totally not nazis, and that they havent been idolizing and celebrating nazis for some time. that being said, i really feel for ALL of the civilians suffering through war right now. including places like yemen, where we fund the saudi's slaughter of yemenis. those same saudis who were 17 of the 19 9/11 hijackers!

also, it is SO CONVENIENT for the military industrial complex to get a new forever war, right after the longest war in american history came to an end. a war we lost, no less. man those contractors must be so thrilled to renovate the bathrooms and kitchens in their vacation homes.

f*** liberals. "antiwar" until its the democrats waging it. this is why i am a leftist, because i am antiwar, all the time. i can only imagine the conniption democrats would be having if trump were the one in office doing the exact same thing biden is doing. f*** hypocrites.
So, being anti war all the time, you would’ve been anti war during WWII?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe