Does the right have a violence problem?

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Re: Does the right have a violence problem?

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

deadheadskier wrote: May 17th, '22, 16:33
Dickc wrote: May 17th, '22, 14:52
deadheadskier wrote: May 17th, '22, 12:59
Dickc wrote: May 17th, '22, 12:28 Calling white supremacists right-wing is like calling Islamic Terrorists left wing. Both are neither. They are just plain terrorist extremists. This "hit piece" by the New York Ties is yellow journalism at its worst. It is done to try and malign Republicans by a newspaper that is run very leftist Democrats. The Republican party needs to distance itself from ANY extremists. Does it do a good job of that? No, and it needs to wise up.

Remember, the orientalists for White supremacy were the Democrats.

Do we have an extremist problem in the US? Yes, but take the white supremacists off the right wing side and take Islamic terrorists off the Left wing side, and color them both as YELLOW as they are YELLOW (as in chicken sh*t), both of them.

What happened in Buffalo should outrage 99.99% of America (it DOES outrage and sicken me). Trying to label it as anything but extremist terrorism only makes the problem worse.
Dick,

I'm sorry but Republicans DESERVE to be maligned after this mass shooting. The shooter himself said this was in response to White Replacement Theory. The third ranking member of the GOP House, Elise Stefanik has promoted the theory. She freaking doubled down on it on Monday morning after the tragedy! She's from NY even. It is straight up promoting a culture war to motivate the white base and create fear / anger in them against people of color. This type of crap leads to the radicalization of the Peyton Gendrons and Dylan Roofs in this country.

Elise Stefanik should have her assignments voided and she should step down. Mitch and McCarthy should be calling out all of these racists like Stefanik, Gosar and others. Gosar has spoken at White Nationalist events with little to no criticism from party leadership. Why???
I cannot answer as to why certain Republicans are doing this. It will lead to the death of the party. I have, and will continue, to support GOP members like Liz Chaney or Mitt Romney who are upstanding Republicans. I cannot support the stuff the Democrats are tossing out, such as forgiving student debt, "Human infrastructure" bills and the like. Its like trying to decide between the frying pan or the fire. That being said, the new "journalist" the NY Times has doing this morning newsletter is a real partisan hack in her own right. I get this news letter in the morning, and it USED to be decent reading.
Understood and that's kinda the point of the Can the Republican Party be saved thread. The radicals in the party are now the mainstream.

More Cheney's and Romney's or Charlie Baker's are what the party needs. They're all labeled RINOs now.
The best way to stop the GOP from continuing down this path is to elect Democrats even when you disagree with them.
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

But Elon says he's voting Republican... someone should tell Joe to STFU, he's costing himself votes.

How is it we've had two such terrible presidents back to back?
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

easyrider16 wrote: May 17th, '22, 16:41 How is it we've had two such terrible presidents back to back?
Recall Gerald Ford followed by Jimmy Carter???? history repeats itself, but it seems like the swings get worse. Ford was pretty inept, followed by an equally inept Jimmy.
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: May 17th, '22, 16:37
The best way to stop the GOP from continuing down this path is to elect Democrats even when you disagree with them.
I'm from Massachusetts, so you are telling me I need to vote for Elizabeth "the human screech owl" Warren, and Eddie "the ice cream man" Markey? Warren is self explanatory, Markey has held exactly one private sector job in his life, he drove an ice cream truck. I can sortta agree with voting for Seth Moulton. He is a BIG improvement over John Tierney and his wife, poster children for corruption in government!
If you do not see the problem with those people, you are part of the problem.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Dickc wrote: May 17th, '22, 18:56
I'm from Massachusetts, so you are telling me I need to vote for Elizabeth "the human screech owl" Warren, and Eddie "the ice cream man" Markey? Warren is self explanatory, Markey has held exactly one private sector job in his life, he drove an ice cream truck. I can sortta agree with voting for Seth Moulton. He is a BIG improvement over John Tierney and his wife, poster children for corruption in government!
Yes. That’s what I’m telling you.

Yes. I see the problem.

Your alternative is Trump, Jordan, MTG, Stefanik, DeSantis, etc.

In PA, the GOP candidate that won tonight’s primary believes he can send alternative electors that are counter to the will of the people. Unreal.
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Jibber is correct.

I like Baker, Romney, McCain, Liz Cheeney etc too. Unfortunately people like that are no longer relevant in todays Republican Party.

So you have one party with a segment proposing policy that is a little too far left for your liking. The other party is promoting conspiracy theory and trying to destroy our democracy.

Like it or not, those are your choices right now.
Don't Killington Pico
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

I can't hold my nose and vote for Warren either. I'd vote third party instead. Same basic effect, the Republicans don't get your vote. But in MA, your vote kinda doesn't matter because the democrat will most likely win for any national office.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

easyrider16 wrote: May 18th, '22, 06:20 I can't hold my nose and vote for Warren either. I'd vote third party instead. Same basic effect, the Republicans don't get your vote. But in MA, your vote kinda doesn't matter because the democrat will most likely win for any national office.
This is in the vein of how I voted in 2020. I did NOT vote for Joe Biden, but instead tossed a vote to Mitt Romney vs voting for Trump.

This fall, If Diehl is the Republican candidate for governor, I'll write in Chris Doughty who is a Republican in the same vein as Baker. I do believe Baker has leaned too far left, but given the legislators he has to work with..... I may write in Bruce Tarrr in the rep race vs Moulton.
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Dickc wrote: May 18th, '22, 11:51
easyrider16 wrote: May 18th, '22, 06:20 I can't hold my nose and vote for Warren either. I'd vote third party instead. Same basic effect, the Republicans don't get your vote. But in MA, your vote kinda doesn't matter because the democrat will most likely win for any national office.
This is in the vein of how I voted in 2020. I did NOT vote for Joe Biden, but instead tossed a vote to Mitt Romney vs voting for Trump.

This fall, If Diehl is the Republican candidate for governor, I'll write in Chris Doughty who is a Republican in the same vein as Baker. I do believe Baker has leaned too far left, but given the legislators he has to work with..... I may write in Bruce Tarrr in the rep race vs Moulton.
Indeed Chris Doughty seems more moderate (read not crazy like Diehl) and might be typical of the type of Republican I would like to vote for... especially for the Governors office to provide some balance in the state. Before doing so, I'd like to hear him clarify his positions on some social issues to make sure he is not out of touch - especially if the republican party as a whole continues to march down the road of getting big government involved in women's health care decisions.
Don't Killington Pico
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

In Pennsylvania, a vote for a third-party candidate or write-in was a vote for Trump. Made voting for Biden easy.
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: May 18th, '22, 12:39

In Pennsylvania, a vote for a third-party candidate or write-in was a vote for Trump. Made voting for Biden easy.
Right - here in Massachusetts we can much more safely "play" with 3rd party votes if we want... although you never know.
Don't Killington Pico
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Good luck getting Chris Doughty through the primaries - Diehl received over 70 percent of the delegates at the Mass GOP convention.

Meanwhile there were GOP candidates for other positions claiming that the Massachusetts schools are teaching 5 year old boys that they can go suck another 5 year olds dick.
Secretary of State candidate Rayla Campbell cautioned her fellow Republicans not to stand aside and say, “Maybe somebody else will take care of it. That’s not so nice.”

“I don’t think it’s nice when they’re telling your 5-year-old that he can go suck another 5-year-old’s [expletive],” she said. “Do you?

“Because that’s what’s happening in your schools!” she added. “If this makes you uncomfortable, it should.”
https://www.boston.com/news/politics/20 ... aturestack

This is today's Republican party.
Don't Killington Pico
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

boston_e wrote: May 23rd, '22, 15:45

Good luck getting Chris Doughty through the primaries - Diehl received over 70 percent of the delegates at the Mass GOP convention.

Meanwhile there were GOP candidates for other positions claiming that the Massachusetts schools are teaching 5 year old boys that they can go suck another 5 year olds dick.
Secretary of State candidate Rayla Campbell cautioned her fellow Republicans not to stand aside and say, “Maybe somebody else will take care of it. That’s not so nice.”

“I don’t think it’s nice when they’re telling your 5-year-old that he can go suck another 5-year-old’s [expletive],” she said. “Do you?

“Because that’s what’s happening in your schools!” she added. “If this makes you uncomfortable, it should.”
https://www.boston.com/news/politics/20 ... aturestack

This is today's Republican party.
Well, I can and WILL vote for Doughty, and I suspect that the primary will be much closer than the convention suggests, as the conventioneers are heavily weighted to the Trump factor, but the mainstream Massachusetts Republicans are not (personal belief). Rayla Campbell's statement is just plain junk. I'll leave that slot on my ballot vacant if there are no other Republican alternatives.

I DO believe in age appropriate education for kids. I suspect that the Democrats believe it should be a few years earlier than Republicans do however.
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

throbster wrote: May 17th, '22, 08:31 Sleepy is doing really really poorly in the polls, so the media lap dogs, right on queue, are spreading the white supremacists narrative.

It's the only reason Sleepy is going to Buffalo today.

Predictable and despicable. The lowest political trick in the book. He has nothing else.
modern far right fascist white supremacist violence has been the thing since oklahoma city in like 1995. the only blip in the pattern was 9/11 and a few smaller islamist terror attacks following it.

shocking that country founded on white supremacism has a terrorism problem caused by white supremacists. shocking that a country founded on white supremacism wants to ban school children from learning about our white supremacist history. shocking that a white supremacist was elected* into office and led to a rise in white supremacist terror attacks. totally shocking.

get your f*** head out of your ass and face the f*** music. you can deny all you want but thats the f*** truth. land theft, genocide and slavery. HITLER BASED THE HOLOCAUST ON THE UNITED STATES TREATMENT OF INDIGENOUS PEOPLE.