Capitalism sucks. But wait...

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Capitalism sucks. But wait...

Post by Mister Moose »

ROCKY HILL, Conn. (WTNH) – An 18-year-old Rocky Hill High School graduate opened up her own restaurant on Wednesday, making her one of the youngest in the business.

It’s an incredible story of a teen who worked hard, saved her money, and was able to purchase a restaurant. She’s focused on leaving a legacy.

“What other girl at 18, opening a restaurant, a real estate agent, and a server, bartender? Nobody, except for Sarah,” said Zahnobia Oaks-Caldwell, a friend.

Sarah Bezdelovs is a 2021 Rocky Hill High School graduate and is now the owner of a popular seaside restaurant on the banks of the Connecticut River.

“I’m not here to become a millionaire. I’m here to make sure people enjoy their time,” Bezdelovs said.

The 18-year-old is making sure that happens by serving up the first orders at the former Ferry Park Grill. Her restaurant is already attracting loyal customers.

“Very fresh tuna salad on rye bread, potato chips, and picnic. Prices are good,” said Mark Roy, a customer.

Bezdelovs’ journey to restaurant owner didn’t come overnight. Acquiring the funds took a lot of time and hard work.

“You know what, I worked all my life. I’m good at saving money, that’s what it is. I started small with jobs,” Bezdelovs said.

While managing this restaurant, Bezdelovs is also a realtor and a bartender for another restaurant. Her friends are always impressed by her discipline.

“She puts friends and enjoyment on the side, but work is her priority and getting it done,” Oaks-Caldwell said.

Her hard work ethic was instilled in her by her father who worked in construction. Since his unexpected death a few years ago, she’s been more determined than ever.

“He always taught me hard work and treat your employees right. He really inspired me. It’s been hard not having him here, but I know he’s watching out for me and he’s proud,” Bezdelovs said.

Not sure if this makes Asher's definition of "ownership Class", but she did it

1) At the age of 18
2) With no college degree
3) With no college debt
Fancypants
Black Carver

Re: Capitalism sucks. But wait...

Post by Fancypants »

Mister Moose wrote: May 11th, '22, 21:58 ROCKY HILL, Conn. (WTNH) – An 18-year-old Rocky Hill High School graduate opened up her own restaurant on Wednesday, making her one of the youngest in the business.

It’s an incredible story of a teen who worked hard, saved her money, and was able to purchase a restaurant. She’s focused on leaving a legacy.

“What other girl at 18, opening a restaurant, a real estate agent, and a server, bartender? Nobody, except for Sarah,” said Zahnobia Oaks-Caldwell, a friend.

Sarah Bezdelovs is a 2021 Rocky Hill High School graduate and is now the owner of a popular seaside restaurant on the banks of the Connecticut River.

“I’m not here to become a millionaire. I’m here to make sure people enjoy their time,” Bezdelovs said.

The 18-year-old is making sure that happens by serving up the first orders at the former Ferry Park Grill. Her restaurant is already attracting loyal customers.

“Very fresh tuna salad on rye bread, potato chips, and picnic. Prices are good,” said Mark Roy, a customer.

Bezdelovs’ journey to restaurant owner didn’t come overnight. Acquiring the funds took a lot of time and hard work.

“You know what, I worked all my life. I’m good at saving money, that’s what it is. I started small with jobs,” Bezdelovs said.

While managing this restaurant, Bezdelovs is also a realtor and a bartender for another restaurant. Her friends are always impressed by her discipline.

“She puts friends and enjoyment on the side, but work is her priority and getting it done,” Oaks-Caldwell said.

Her hard work ethic was instilled in her by her father who worked in construction. Since his unexpected death a few years ago, she’s been more determined than ever.

“He always taught me hard work and treat your employees right. He really inspired me. It’s been hard not having him here, but I know he’s watching out for me and he’s proud,” Bezdelovs said.

Not sure if this makes Asher's definition of "ownership Class", but she did it

1) At the age of 18
2) With no college degree
3) With no college debt
Amen!

Might venture over for lunch tomorrow.....
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

E4317463-C170-49C6-8CB9-7FFEFE0C4C50.jpeg
E4317463-C170-49C6-8CB9-7FFEFE0C4C50.jpeg (326.77 KiB) Viewed 357 times
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

shes a member of the ownership class, obviously.

where did her money come from? oh im sure family money wouldnt make as interesting of a story. even if she managed to win the capitalism lottery of luck (becomes a real estate agent at the height of the market... when i was 18 the market collapsed, so even if i did exactly the same things as her with the exact same attitude, connections and work ethic it would not be the same result) and this was totally from the bottom up (doubtful!) it doesnt negate the overall theme that capitalism is a FAILURE. just look at all the homeless in the surrounding areas from your second/third/fourth homes in killington. then bitch about how "nobody wants to work anymore" when wages no longer pay insane rent/food/fuel costs.

one success story doesnt negate capitalisms overwhelming failures. much of the country looks like its in the third world and unlike the third world nobody is sanctioning or blockading us other than the wealthy 1%ers and the people in the next 10% or so who do their bidding.

for every lucky success story theres a million more hard workers struggling to make ends meet and have any dignity in life.
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

asher2789 wrote: Jun 19th, '22, 21:13 shes a member of the ownership class, obviously.

where did her money come from? oh im sure family money wouldnt make as interesting of a story. even if she managed to win the capitalism lottery of luck (becomes a real estate agent at the height of the market... when i was 18 the market collapsed, so even if i did exactly the same things as her with the exact same attitude, connections and work ethic it would not be the same result) and this was totally from the bottom up (doubtful!) it doesnt negate the overall theme that capitalism is a FAILURE. just look at all the homeless in the surrounding areas from your second/third/fourth homes in killington. then bitch about how "nobody wants to work anymore" when wages no longer pay insane rent/food/fuel costs.

one success story doesnt negate capitalisms overwhelming failures. much of the country looks like its in the third world and unlike the third world nobody is sanctioning or blockading us other than the wealthy 1%ers and the people in the next 10% or so who do their bidding.

for every lucky success story theres a million more hard workers struggling to make ends meet and have any dignity in life.
You can thank a capitalist the next time you go riding, moron. The board, boots, lifts and mountain operations are all brought to you by capitalism.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by asher2789 »

you think thats such a comeback, like checkmate, you're coerced to live under the system of capitalism therefore youre a "hypocrite" for participating in capitalism.

got it. while im not the biggest fan of china as i dont like authoritarianism, they do have both ski areas and billionaires in prison. hell, many of those parts you mention, made in china.