Questions for the Ladies.

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Hal U. Dewin
Tree Psycho

Post by Hal U. Dewin »

Hey Jude wrote:I have way too many pair of shoes, let's leave it at that.

As for mani/pedis I get a regular manicure once a week (sometimes every other week, depending on my schedule) and a pedicure every two weeks in the summer, once a month in the winter. I go to a place where I don't need an appointment because I feel like I have way too much scheduled stuff in my life and the mani/pedi's should be a relaxing thing that I do. That's also the reason why I don't have wraps on my nails, it's way too much of a commitment. I may change my mind on that though this winter because the skiing is killer on the manicure, my nails were a mess by the end of last season.

I do see some guys in my salon getting pedicures and I've tried to get some of my guy friends to go for pedicures because they are very relaxing but generally the response of most men when presented with the idea of going for a pedicure is: "are you f-ing crazy?!"

Kings4Man, PLEASE SEE A PODIATRIST ASAP! Your toenail is a serious problem. Just had a male friend go through this last week, big tough guy was reduced to tears over his toe nail. When he finally went to the doctor the toe had an infection (because he had preformed some 'at home surgery'). When the podiatrist dug out the nail he said no wonder the guy was in pain, the thing was 'the size of a hacksaw blade under the skin'...this is the way my friend described it so I don't know how big that is but I guess many of you guys will be familiar with how big that would be. My friend now has to go back to the podiatrist on a regular basis for reshaping of the nail so that same thing does not occur again. By the way, my friend was very disappointed that he did not ask the doctor to give him the nail so that he could show it to us. UGH!
eww...that's not...
shortski
:dis
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

MarieM wrote:
Here's a question for those of you who live/work in Manhattan...how many pairs of Jimmy Choo shoes or Manolo Blahniks do you have? Do you dress the like women on "Sex and the City?"
Only on really special occassions.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

MarieM
Post Office

Post by MarieM »

BigKahuna13 wrote:
MarieM wrote:
Here's a question for those of you who live/work in Manhattan...how many pairs of Jimmy Choo shoes or Manolo Blahniks do you have? Do you dress the like women on "Sex and the City?"
Only on really special occassions.
:)
subdude
Black Carver

Post by subdude »

I like pop-tarts. Plain strawberry with the edges slightly burnt. Very Good.
W.F.O
Stormin_Aussie
Bumper

Re: Questions for the Ladies.

Post by Stormin_Aussie »

I didn't post my answer:
Manicure: Every two weeks - Jersey Nails
Spa Pedicure: Every three weeks

Sandals: Well, so far since Memorial Day, bought at least 6 new pairs... By the way 4 at Kohl's in NJ (on the one day sale), two at TJ Max. Waiting for some flip flops I orderd from Lands End ... brightly colored flip flops with cool accents are the rage this summer... Well, not in Vermont, but everywhere else! Saw alot of them at the NJ Shore when I was there last week. Add that to the many, many pairs I bought at the sales at the end of the season last year (not worn yet) and the many, many pairs from last season that still look good.... Well, you guessed it... SHOE FREEK! At least I'm not alone!

New Black Sandals on today, woo hoo!!! My feet look even smaller in Sandals than regular shoes, for a tall woman (5'9") I have been told that I have small feet -- Size 7 or 7.5.... no wonder they hurt all the time, those little feet trying to support this big old body! :D :D :D

Well, have a great day everyone, I'm sitting here in my office without air conditioning and it is registering 90 degrees in here...
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

MarieM wrote:I fall into the "I have WAAAY too many pairs of shoes/thongs/sandals/boots category. Can't resist the flip flops now that have sparkles...I have I think 3 (or 4) pairs of that kind alone. Just bought a wicked cool pair of black platform sandals last week that I think of as "hooker" shoes. Won't wear them to church, but will wear them out at night.

And Stormin' I'm with you on the in-state, out-of state clothes. Was once scolded by a waitress at a restaurant/bar in Laconia, NH for being dressed "too nicely" for the place. LOL...it was a casual cotton blazer and khaki pants!! Definitely have different clothes for out on the town in Laconia or Moultonboro, NH than out at night in Boston!

Pedicures about once a month in the summer...no time for manicures...used to do the fake-nail thing...I miss them! :wink:

I work in Manhattan but I do not have any of those types of shoes nor do I dress like the women on "Sex and the City". I am not a slave to fashion and most of my work clothes have been in my closets for the last few years.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Re: Questions for the Ladies.

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Stormin_Aussie wrote:I didn't post my answer:
Manicure: Every two weeks - Jersey Nails
Spa Pedicure: Every three weeks

Sandals: Well, so far since Memorial Day, bought at least 6 new pairs... By the way 4 at Kohl's in NJ (on the one day sale), two at TJ Max. Waiting for some flip flops I orderd from Lands End ... brightly colored flip flops with cool accents are the rage this summer... Well, not in Vermont, but everywhere else! Saw alot of them at the NJ Shore when I was there last week. Add that to the many, many pairs I bought at the sales at the end of the season last year (not worn yet) and the many, many pairs from last season that still look good.... Well, you guessed it... SHOE FREEK! At least I'm not alone!

New Black Sandals on today, woo hoo!!! My feet look even smaller in Sandals than regular shoes, for a tall woman (5'9") I have been told that I have small feet -- Size 7 or 7.5.... no wonder they hurt all the time, those little feet trying to support this big old body! :D :D :D

Well, have a great day everyone, I'm sitting here in my office without air conditioning and it is registering 90 degrees in here...
Hope you have at least a fan to cool you down. I am sitting in an air conditioned office and I need to wear closed shoes because in sandals I would be too cold. I keep a sweater in the back of my seat so I can put it on when I get too cold.
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Well, you guessed it... SHOE FREEK!

same here...I own about 150 pair.
ImageImageImageImage
Stormin_Aussie
Bumper

Post by Stormin_Aussie »

Stormchaser wrote:

150 pair!!! Women's SHOES???

Are those the shoes from women who have spent the night? (And then afterwards ran out so fast they forgot their shoes)???? :P :P :P

(KIDDING! No need to flame me!)

Or do you mean men's shoes? .... What size? :D :D :D :D :D

Well, we know so much about your personal life as it is, I thought I would keep it G-rated! :twisted:

Have a great day!
borgy
Slalom Racer

Post by borgy »

pizzamoose wrote:Clipless Sandals, eh?

Never heard of them, but really, why not? They'd be nice in the r*in.
Did a web search:

and since PHPBB is not letting me display those images, here are links to them:

http://www.bicycletouring101.com/getima ... alsTop.jpg

http://www.bicycletouring101.com/getima ... alsBot.jpg
I gotta get me some of those--- went riding around block island last year with my Tevas on my bike that has egg beaters on them for pedals. Wasn't very comfy--- these look like the better way out then putting the platforms back on. :D
1918 lives
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Stormin_Aussie wrote:
Stormchaser wrote:

Are those the shoes from women who have spent the night? (And then afterwards ran out so fast they forgot their shoes)???? :P :P :P

Well, we know so much about your personal life as it is, I thought I would keep it G-rated! :twisted:

Have a great day!

All mens shoes thank you very much. And if you wanna know the size, I'll pick you up Friday at 8...wear something sexy.

Oh, and its more like can't walk the next day and forget their shoes...
ImageImageImageImage
Bling Skier
Postinator

Post by Bling Skier »

borgy wrote:
pizzamoose wrote:Clipless Sandals, eh?

Never heard of them, but really, why not? They'd be nice in the r*in.
Did a web search:

and since PHPBB is not letting me display those images, here are links to them:

http://www.bicycletouring101.com/getima ... alsTop.jpg

http://www.bicycletouring101.com/getima ... alsBot.jpg
I gotta get me some of those--- went riding around block island last year with my Tevas on my bike that has egg beaters on them for pedals. Wasn't very comfy--- these look like the better way out then putting the platforms back on. :D
Egg Beaters.thats some good stuff!
I run the Candies. they are the best XC pedals out there.
Geoff the sound a cat make as it coughs up a hairball.
Stormin_Aussie
Bumper

Post by Stormin_Aussie »

Stormchaser wrote:
Stormin_Aussie wrote:
Stormchaser wrote:

Have a great day!

All mens shoes thank you very much. And if you wanna know the size, I'll pick you up Friday at 8...wear something sexy.

I knew you would come back with something good! THanks for the laugh!!! :D :D You crazy kid! :D :D

I was only kidding about the size of your shoes... from what I heard, there is absolutely NO TRUTH in that myth... Thanks for the offer, I'm flattered, but I'm probably old enough to be your mother! :D :D

Have a great day!
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Stormin_Aussie wrote:
Stormchaser wrote:
Stormin_Aussie wrote:
Stormchaser wrote:

Have a great day!

I knew you would come back with something good! THanks for the laugh!!! :D :D You crazy kid! :D :D

I was only kidding about the size of your shoes... from what I heard, there is absolutely NO TRUTH in that myth... Thanks for the offer, I'm flattered, but I'm probably old enough to be your mother! :D :D

Have a great day!
I don't age discriminate...there's absolutely nothing wrong with a woman with a little experience. So...what can you teach me????
ImageImageImageImage