Anyone familiar with JFK Int. Airport?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

RJSVermont
Slalom Racer

Anyone familiar with JFK Int. Airport?

Post by RJSVermont »

Can anybody recommend a good way to get out of JFK airport early on a Thursday morning. This Thursday I am flying from Burlington to JFK and need to eventually make my way down to Manasquan, NJ. I have the option to get picked up from the airport but I really don’t want to make anyone drive in at that time so if I can take public transp. I’m all for it.

From a public transportation point of view, what do you think is the best way to make my way to NJ. The NJ transit “North Jersey Coast Line” is nice and could drop me off within walking distance of my sister’s house, my problem is getting there from JFK.

I also wouldn’t mind going through Manhattan to walk around the city a little.

Anyway,

Thanks in advance.
Some things just can't be bought......
St. Jerry
Powderhound

Post by St. Jerry »

Take the JFK air train. This and a connection will take you to Penn Station where you can either take a train to NJ or walk around in the times sq. area while you wait for you NJ train.
Ron Paul 2012
Bling Skier
Postinator

Post by Bling Skier »

St. Jerry wrote:Take the JFK air train. This and a connection will take you to Penn Station where you can either take a train to NJ or walk around in the times sq. area while you wait for you NJ train.
Yup. thats what i would do.
Geoff the sound a cat make as it coughs up a hairball.
RJSVermont
Slalom Racer

Post by RJSVermont »

Thanks y'all...........
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

St. Jerry wrote:Take the JFK air train. This and a connection will take you to Penn Station where you can either take a train to NJ or walk around in the times sq. area while you wait for you NJ train.
To get the Times Square area he would have to walk north from Penn Station - it's 8 short blocks to 42nd Street. I do that walk every day.
Stormin_Aussie
Bumper

Re: Anyone familiar with JFK Int. Airport?

Post by Stormin_Aussie »

RJSVermont wrote:Can anybody recommend a good way to get out of JFK airport early on a Thursday morning. This Thursday I am flying from Burlington to JFK and need to eventually make my way down to Manasquan, NJ. I have the option to get picked up from the airport but I really don’t want to make anyone drive in at that time so if I can take public transp. I’m all for it.

From a public transportation point of view, what do you think is the best way to make my way to NJ. The NJ transit “North Jersey Coast Line” is nice and could drop me off within walking distance of my sister’s house, my problem is getting there from JFK.

I also wouldn’t mind going through Manhattan to walk around the city a little.

Anyway,

Thanks in advance.
I drive down to the NJ shore approx. every other week to visit family and friends. (Best friend lives in M'Squan) If you ever need a ride, let me know. Usually leave before the weekend and drive home either before sunrise on Monday or Tues. Don't drive during daylight hours because it is too hot in the truck for the furkids for me to stop for rest areas -- but then again, if I had a carpool co-pilot, they could hold the furkids outside on their leashes while I use the rest area :D :D :D If ever interested, PM me and I can let you know my schedule for the rest of the summer. (PS- perfect driving record!)

Have a great day!
RJSVermont
Slalom Racer

Post by RJSVermont »

Stormin,

Thanks for the kind offer. I chose to fly this time around to maximize my time down there. It's my mom's b-day and my grandmother is having surgery so I wanted to be down there (But didn't want to sit in a car) Anyway, I live within walking distance from Burlington Airport and the flight to JFK from there was super cheap. Plus, since every seat has an LCD screen and direct tv I can watch sports center and relax for the 1.5 hour flight as opposed to sitting in a car for 6.5 hours.

Manasquan is a great little town, the architecture firm I worked for does a lot of residential design there. My brother also manages a bar/restaurant in town (O’Neill’s) which is a nice little place.

Thanks again for the offer.
Stormin_Aussie
Bumper

Post by Stormin_Aussie »

RJSVermont wrote:Stormin,

Thanks for the kind offer. I chose to fly this time around to maximize my time down there. It's my mom's b-day and my grandmother is having surgery so I wanted to be down there (But didn't want to sit in a car) Anyway, I live within walking distance from Burlington Airport and the flight to JFK from there was super cheap. Plus, since every seat has an LCD screen and direct tv I can watch sports center and relax for the 1.5 hour flight as opposed to sitting in a car for 6.5 hours.

Manasquan is a great little town, the architecture firm I worked for does a lot of residential design there. My brother also manages a bar/restaurant in town (O’Neill’s) which is a nice little place.

Thanks again for the offer.
O'Neill's... I have stopped by there many times... good place, nice people!
Although, don't go on weekends in the summer... too crowded!
skitiger
Bumper

Post by skitiger »

Obviously, it's easier to fly into Newark. Airport is connected directly to NJ Transit rail line down to Manasquan. Train time c. one hour. The time savings is enormous, but I can't speak to ticket prices.

My aunt and uncle use the train to get to Newark airport all the time. Super easy. My office is one hour away from house at shore, so I always drive.

Enjoy the birthday party.