Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

Killington Views

Post by Southside_Bobby »

K posted this photo on FB.

I thought it worthy of reposting here.

Even without showing the entire resort, it really gives one a sense of how much terrain (and how many lifts) we take for granted.
Attachments
Killington view 1.jpg
Killington view 1.jpg (402.25 KiB) Viewed 1250 times
2014 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift shouldn't be."
2019 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift (operating midweek) shouldn't be."
2023 - Killington announces that the South Ridge lift will run five days a week.
2024 - Killington lied.
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Re: Killington Views

Post by snoloco »

Great photo, however it's from a different year. In my opinion it's a huge no no to do that in conditions updates.
rower
Black Carver

Post by rower »

Certainly doesn't look like that today. Lots of melting. Lots of mud and rocks.
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

snoloco wrote: Dec 30th, '22, 16:22 Great photo, however it's from a different year. In my opinion it's a huge no no to do that in conditions updates.
Typical. Killington has no shame.
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

Post by Southside_Bobby »

I must admit that I assumed they posted a recent photo, and I hadn't really looked at it closely yet. Otherwise, I would have found the snowmaking only on Superstar to be curious.

Still, I liked it enough to make it my desktop background.
2014 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift shouldn't be."
2019 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift (operating midweek) shouldn't be."
2023 - Killington announces that the South Ridge lift will run five days a week.
2024 - Killington lied.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

haven't seen the context of the photo and whether they were using it in a deceptive fashion or not but clearly the foto isn't from this season.

had a similar thought about K and how perhaps we take it's interconnectiveness for granted. riding the NR decided i wanted to ski needles next. voila, a couple minutes later i was there. from the peak you can get anywhere you want. that was part of pres' vision.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

Regardless of when the photo was taken, it’s a great perspective - thanks SSB for posting🤗
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

skiadikt wrote: Dec 31st, '22, 13:46 haven't seen the context of the photo and whether they were using it in a deceptive fashion or not but clearly the foto isn't from this season.

had a similar thought about K and how perhaps we take it's interconnectiveness for granted. riding the NR decided i wanted to ski needles next. voila, a couple minutes later i was there. from the peak you can get anywhere you want. that was part of pres' vision.
And for someone who's now taught their 9 and 7 year olds to ski, the fact that there are easier routes down off of each peak and connecting everywhere has been tremendously helpful to allow my kids to be able to explore the entire mountain.

Last season my son and I were at Ram's Head and all of a sudden he wanted to ski Sunrise for some reason. He enjoys skiing by all the houses and wishing we owned one lol. Needless to say, after an odd look at him (like seriously bud?) I mapped it out and not that bad at all. We rode RH up, took Caper all the way across to K-1. Rode that up, down Pipe Dream to Bear Cub and we were there. Thansk to Pres Smith maneuvers like that are possible.
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

skiadikt wrote: Dec 31st, '22, 13:46 haven't seen the context of the photo and whether they were using it in a deceptive fashion or not but clearly the foto isn't from this season.

You can get FROM anywhere on the mountain TO anywhere on the mountain with, at most, two lift rides.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Here's a view from the mountain looking towards Woodstock
Attachments
Screenshot_20230101-163905-567.png
Screenshot_20230101-163905-567.png (1.47 MiB) Viewed 625 times
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
skifaster
Poster Child Poster

Post by skifaster »

throbster wrote: Jan 1st, '23, 16:45 Here's a view from the mountain looking towards Woodstock
that looks like a sweet bump line.....
"Audaces Fortuna Luvat” Fortune Favors the Bold...