Brittney Griner

Post here for sports discussions not related to skiing or riding
Dickc
Postaholic

Re: Brittney Griner

Post by Dickc »

Stormchaser wrote: Dec 9th, '22, 09:37 Traded for an arms dealer? Doesn't feel like a win...
I thin Putin is playing chess, and our government is playing checkers. Should have gotten her, and that accused spy for an arms dealer.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Putin needed to win something .. he's losing everywhere.
Is hash oil designated a medically approved substance ?

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

https://apnews.com/article/brittney-gri ... b9c7a4df27

One person’s impression on the long flight home.

“I was left with the impression this is an intelligent, passionate, compassionate, humble, interesting person, a patriotic person,”
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

This clears things up. Note he didn't free Paul, but he did free ~5,000 Taliban prisoners. Anyway ...

volklopposition
Green Skidder

Post by volklopposition »

She should be fined by the WNBA for admitting to using a banned substance and dropped by whatever sponsors she has for being a terrible role model.
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

Dickc wrote: Dec 9th, '22, 09:49
Stormchaser wrote: Dec 9th, '22, 09:37 Traded for an arms dealer? Doesn't feel like a win...
I thin Putin is playing chess, and our government is playing checkers. Should have gotten her, and that accused spy for an arms dealer.
You are right, but Putin would have said no to that deal. You think Putin gives a rat's ass about an arms dealer? The only purpose of this deal for Putin was to get you to think exactly what you are now thinking - that he pulled one over on the US President. If Putin didn't get a deal that looked like a win for his team, he wouldn't have made any kind of deal at all. Basically the US had zero leverage, here.

In the end I agree this was a bad deal. I would not have made it. But there was no better deal to be had. It was this or no deal at all.
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Had this been you or I who broke Russian laws and was sent to prison, you'd have never even heard about it, never mind getting the US to bring either one of us home. Fame should not influence punishment under the law. IMO not only was it a bad trade for the US, but it was also a poor decision to think she deserves to circumvent the law. Ignorance is not a defense. She f*** up and got caught. That should have consequences.
ImageImageImageImage
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

lfitz.jpeg
lfitz.jpeg (40.21 KiB) Viewed 1016 times