Monday 2/27 Report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Monday 2/27 Report

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Best day of the month so far. Tomorrow may be better. Nice winter snow cycle has set in. Groomed Downdraft headwall was a surprise. Cascade headwall was better with a full powder coat. Double dipper was simply dreamy. Decapitator was our favorite from the day.

Quote of the Day- Are we too old to be having this much fun?
Downdraft Headwall
Downdraft Headwall
IMG_2663.jpg (453.92 KiB) Viewed 782 times
Double Dipper
Double Dipper
IMG_2666.jpg (629.33 KiB) Viewed 782 times
Decapitator
Decapitator
IMG_2681.jpg (366.43 KiB) Viewed 782 times
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Re: Monday 2/27 Report

Post by hillbangin »

Almost there!

Stay away from the Fiddle and lower Ovation. My only mistakes of the day.

The woods are ready.
20230227_092835.jpg
20230227_092835.jpg (115.47 KiB) Viewed 732 times
20230227_092839.jpg
20230227_092839.jpg (139.22 KiB) Viewed 732 times
20230227_094125.jpg
20230227_094125.jpg (151.58 KiB) Viewed 732 times
Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

5" snow + sunshine is the recipe for a great day. definitely in a good cycle. 9-3 shift.

rather full corral of hungry skiers at the bubble for the open. you pick your battles because you only get so many shots. there was a stampede down highline at the bell. got the goods on GB, NS and vagabond. over to bear via jug & pipedream where trax were still available. after that good but mostly table scraps.

supe HW under the guns was like western skiing. skye lark also skied great. hawk pretty good. by the time we got to the canyon in the afternoon, didn't find the leftovers on double dip or escapade satisfying. did laps in most of the snowdon & rams trees. had to go off the main lines in low rider to find the good stuff. concluded on one of the captain's favorites.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Out at 11 on the bubble with GIS. He told me about double dipper, but alas by the time I got out all the goods were back down to the ice. Same for conclusion and great bear. Anything with a steep pitch was un fun for me. 4 inches of light stuff does not last long.

So it was finally a tree day. Couple laps on low rider that were pretty good. Had to hunting for the powder turns in the low angle undisclosed.

Found some off the north ridge and canyon chairs. SBF and Trick showed up around 2. Anarchy was surprisingly good. Even at the exit. Two peat.

Over at Needles some trees were better than others. Never made it to Bear. Guess I'll have to be at the bell tomorrow to get the goods.
24106B28-6387-4A76-A9E1-940DD09E1D19.jpeg
24106B28-6387-4A76-A9E1-940DD09E1D19.jpeg (715.08 KiB) Viewed 620 times
Where is Happy Hour ?
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

The Mrs Fields buttery death cookies on Lower Sup won the weirdest surface of the day award. You would expect that death cookie crunch but they broke apart like butter.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
DES
Slalom Racer

Post by DES »

We had one spot of weird surface at Cannon also as the Zoomer chairlift hadn't run for a few weeks, so ice that had fallen off the cables made one of my favorite lines "unusual" (not enough victims to break it up either, and they left it ungroomed). And my favorite trail here, Hardscrabble started fun but ended up closed as lots of steep parts of it were like porcelain even though it didn't look it. But what a day otherwise! I showed a lifetime/ 3rd generation Cannon skier some areas he had never seen or assumed skiable before during the day, I agree, best ski day of the month. And thanks for the K pics, miss ya!
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Afternoon 'Bush Report". Headed North hoping maybe we'd find better conditions. Not much different from K re: the damage from the two Thursday's ago reign event. Butt, better in places on the natural trails due to less overall traffic [and cover about the same; maybe a bit less than K]. They got about 6" fresh the night before.

Standard warmup on Hot Shot / Waterfall very good with some ice on the steeper pitch. Morning Star under Lynx chair OK up top then great rest of the way down. Wife said Birch Run was icy. Lift was having issues so only one run up there. Sleeper to SB chair pretty good.

Murphy's Glade disappointing. Great to start with lots of pow then mix of pow and porcelin. Later day run on Upper Birdland was much better. And Lower Birdland with better than average cover and same mix of pow and icy bumps [but good].

ROTD: Liftline. Two very icy/bony sections to pass the test then great icy pow bumps rest of the way down. As usual, not much traffic on this run so able to mostly hit the pow over the ice.

Moonshine OK. Ripcord was really good [musta recently made snow]. Stein's didn't look good [frozen whales]. Moonshine very icy. Eden woods and Ruffed up woods very good.

Overall, very good day and nice change of "pace". Love our trips up there as the skiing is definitely different than at K.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!