NSR: Corona Virus - You Can Start Panicking Now

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Bubba
Site Admin

Re: NSR: Corona Virus - You Can Start Panicking Now

Post by Bubba »

Mister Moose wrote: Jul 23rd, '23, 10:43
Bubba wrote: Jul 23rd, '23, 09:30 Which “some of you” would that be?
Why does it matter? I didn't feel it necessary to out people or do the tedious searching. Those who refused to see the hospitals inflating numbers know who they are. How many decades will it take to add climate change to the government money inflating figures list?
Well, since you posted a direct “some of you” meaning people here, I thought I’d ask, because I don’t recall anyone taking that position and you apparently do. Perhaps your post is mistaken?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Bubba wrote: Jul 23rd, '23, 12:22
Mister Moose wrote: Jul 23rd, '23, 10:43
Bubba wrote: Jul 23rd, '23, 09:30 Which “some of you” would that be?
Why does it matter? I didn't feel it necessary to out people or do the tedious searching. Those who refused to see the hospitals inflating numbers know who they are. How many decades will it take to add climate change to the government money inflating figures list?
Well, since you posted a direct “some of you” meaning people here, I thought I’d ask, because I don’t recall anyone taking that position and you apparently do. Perhaps your post is mistaken?
No, I am not mistaken. For some reason you can't quote older posts, but here is a quote from Rogman on 4/11/20 in this thread.
Most health care professionals freely admit there is a serious under count of both cases and deaths.
Deadheadskier, 9/25/21 in this thread:
viewtopic.php?p=668828#p668828
I know you hoaxer idiots really want to believe those stories about Uncle Robert dying in a car crash, testing positive for Covid and getting counted in the stats while the hospital that received him gets a bonus for calling it Covid.
I'm sure there are many others, this is just the first two I came across. I just don't get the benefit of spending the time.
skidogg
Poster Child Poster

Post by skidogg »

are you trying to mtg dhs/
fast is cool.
Faster is cooler. bring back the dis
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

Moose, you are cherry picking

My overall point of the matter was the misrepresentation by Tucker conservatives like yourself claiming Covid was some huge economic boom for hospitals. Yes they got reimbursed for Covid patients, but did those government payments come even close to covering the cost outlays to care for these people and what the pandemic did to hospitals overall operations? Go talk to your local hospital CFO and see what they have to say about that.
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

I believe during the discussion here about the Covid death toll many of that "some of you" were pointing to excess deaths as a more appropriate measure, and there were some studies that indicated excess deaths suggested the death toll was being under-reported early in the pandemic (like, in 2020).

I am also not sure this article supports your premise. It says "recent" covid deaths, and the earlier paragraph cites the death toll in the last few weeks. I'm not sure from the context that this article is talking about covid death tolls from 2020. It's possible Covid deaths were under-reported early in the pandemic when people were dying before getting to hospital, and over-reported now that there are vaccines and herd immunity.

Also, I don't believe there was a financial incentive for reporting covid deaths. I think Tucker et. al. made that one up. The financial benefits were for treating covid 19 patients, not for reporting cause of death. Further, there's a huge disincentive for falsifying such data - it's a crime, Medicare fraud, and doctors who participate can lose their licenses and end up in jail.

sources, among many others:
https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-c ... 7398144949
https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/hospi ... ath-count/
https://www.denverpost.com/2020/05/20/c ... hospitals/
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

This doctor said vaccines magnetize people. Ohio suspended her medical license.
https://www.cleveland.com/open/2023/08/ ... cense.html
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Two years ago, a Cleveland area physician strode into the House Health Committee room and told state lawmakers that COVID-19 vaccines magnetize their hosts and “interface” with cell towers.

Her comments, the subject of widespread ridicule, triggered a swarm of 350 complaints to the State Medical Board and a chain of events that led to the regulators indefinitely suspending the medical license Wednesday of anti-vaccine activist Sherri Tenpenny.

The board, charged with protecting the public and overseeing the licensure of Ohio’s doctors, yanked Tenpenny’s license on procedural grounds rather than the substance of her comments. Board staff found she flouted investigators who came to visit, declined to answer written questions, and objected wholesale to the regulators’ inquiry.

“Dr. Tenpenny, neither you nor any doctor licensed by this board is above the law, and you must comply with the investigation,” said Dr. Jonathan Feibel, an orthopedic surgeon and medical board member. “You have not done so, and therefore, until you do, your license will be suspended.”
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Aug 10th, '23, 09:04 This doctor said vaccines magnetize people. Ohio suspended her medical license.
https://www.cleveland.com/open/2023/08/ ... cense.html
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Two years ago, a Cleveland area physician strode into the House Health Committee room and told state lawmakers that COVID-19 vaccines magnetize their hosts and “interface” with cell towers.

Her comments, the subject of widespread ridicule, triggered a swarm of 350 complaints to the State Medical Board and a chain of events that led to the regulators indefinitely suspending the medical license Wednesday of anti-vaccine activist Sherri Tenpenny.

The board, charged with protecting the public and overseeing the licensure of Ohio’s doctors, yanked Tenpenny’s license on procedural grounds rather than the substance of her comments. Board staff found she flouted investigators who came to visit, declined to answer written questions, and objected wholesale to the regulators’ inquiry.

“Dr. Tenpenny, neither you nor any doctor licensed by this board is above the law, and you must comply with the investigation,” said Dr. Jonathan Feibel, an orthopedic surgeon and medical board member. “You have not done so, and therefore, until you do, your license will be suspended.”
Anyone else hear the theme to the "Twilight Zone" playing in their head?
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

GOP still going on about ivermectin. Here's Gosar ...

https://x.com/Acyn/status/1778477569274216890
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Ivermectin is great, my dog gets it monthly in warm weather.