Biden Presidency

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: Biden Presidency

Post by easyrider16 »

deadheadskier wrote: Apr 25th, '23, 18:02 It's unfortunate Joe didn't run in 2016.
If Joe ran in 2016, maybe he would have been the democratic nominee and beaten Trump but I don't think that's a foregone conclusion. Biden has never been a particularly strong democratic candidate. I think 2020 was very different from 2016 because moderates had seen four years of Trump and were not at all happy with the job he did. Those moderates probably would have elected anybody the other side put forward. If the GOP puts forward anybody but Trump for 2024, that person has a solid chance of beating Biden.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

easyrider16 wrote: Apr 26th, '23, 08:40
deadheadskier wrote: Apr 25th, '23, 18:02 It's unfortunate Joe didn't run in 2016.
If Joe ran in 2016, maybe he would have been the democratic nominee and beaten Trump but I don't think that's a foregone conclusion. Biden has never been a particularly strong democratic candidate. I think 2020 was very different from 2016 because moderates had seen four years of Trump and were not at all happy with the job he did. Those moderates probably would have elected anybody the other side put forward. If the GOP puts forward anybody but Trump for 2024, that person has a solid chance of beating Biden.
Independents gave Trump the Presidency, assuming he would settle in and be an effective POTUS. I don't think this changes with Biden on the ticket in place of Hillary. What we saw in 2020 is buyers remorse ... independents voted for Biden because he was not Trump ... they will do this again in 2024 if it's Trump / Biden again.
Fancypants
Black Carver

Post by Fancypants »

deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

I'm sure Joe will go down once they finally take down Hillary for her emails and witness murders.

Be patient FancyPants! Someday they'll get em!
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

The form does not indicate that the information is true, but the informant is one of the higher- paid informants and has worked with the agency since 2010.
So basically an informant who is paid to gather info claims someone in Ukraine said he paid a bribe to the Bidens years ago but they have no proof of any money going to Joe.

I watched Fox last night to see their coverage of the Trump indictment. It was a lot of the above, especially when they brought their guest Mark Levin on the program.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Does anyone trust Newsmax after all the election fraud coverage that turned out to be blatantly false?

In any case, looking at the substance of the article, it strikes me as funny that Republicans want to hang their hat on information from an FBI confidential informant who was paid for the information when just a couple of years ago they were talking about how awful the FBI was with the Steel Dossier. I mean how is this different?
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Jun 9th, '23, 06:33
The form does not indicate that the information is true, but the informant is one of the higher- paid informants and has worked with the agency since 2010.
So basically an informant who is paid to gather info claims someone in Ukraine said he paid a bribe to the Bidens years ago but they have no proof of any money going to Joe.

I watched Fox last night to see their coverage of the Trump indictment. It was a lot of the above, especially when they brought their guest Mark Levin on the program.
:idea:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1668 ... 92672?s=20
NEWSMAX: When will you be able to confirm that these recordings are legit?

JAMES COMER (R-KY) : We don't know if they're legit or not
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Oooo

Articles of impeachment filed against Biden and Harris

https://whnt.com/news/tennessee-news/og ... istration/

What a joke the GOP is. Do they realize that 77% of Gen Z vote Democrat? True, some will turn more conservative as they age, but Republican idiocy is going to result in eventual one party rule if they keep being idiots.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

So Biden just told reporters that Putin is losing the war in Iraq. There should be an age limit on running for president. Make it 75 and we don't have trump or Biden in the upcoming election.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

I think most would agree with you but good luck getting a constitutional amendment passed.

It always pains me to watch the congress people and senators who are way too old and falling asleep during hearings. Of course the extremely stupid questions by politicians of all ages also bothers me, but I'm not sure we could ever get an intelligence requirement for office.
Low Rider
Black Carver

Post by Low Rider »

daytripper wrote: Jun 28th, '23, 09:05 So Biden just told reporters that Putin is losing the war in Iraq. There should be an age limit on running for president. Make it 75 and we don't have trump or Biden in the upcoming election.
I don’t disagree but I’m not sure I’d attribute that to Bidens age. He has been a gaffe machine for years.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Low Rider wrote: Jun 30th, '23, 17:55
daytripper wrote: Jun 28th, '23, 09:05 So Biden just told reporters that Putin is losing the war in Iraq. There should be an age limit on running for president. Make it 75 and we don't have trump or Biden in the upcoming election.
I don’t disagree but I’m not sure I’d attribute that to Bidens age. He has been a gaffe machine for years.
It's hard to draw the line on gaffe vs competency. One is an occasional mis-speak, the other is a loss in acuity. In Biden's case, The COVID isolation helped disguise it during the campaign, and his supporters support not only Biden, but the administration as a whole. It's a package. In Trump's case, there was no isolation, and much less of a package administration, Trump's policies and outspoken directness fueled his support. Both were gaffe machines, and both continue to be.

I'm less in agreement with an age limit. Add some qualifiers in physical and mental health tests. As for congressional elderly, term limits has a real appeal. The re-election strength of incumbency, especially when you're talking decades of incumbency big party politics and corruption, needs to go.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Jun 13th, '23, 09:14
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Jun 9th, '23, 06:33

:idea:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1668 ... 92672?s=20
NEWSMAX: When will you be able to confirm that these recordings are legit?

JAMES COMER (R-KY) : We don't know if they're legit or not
Ah. The missing Hunter Biden witness the GOP was promising was just charged by the DOJ with ... being a Chinese spy.

U.S. Attorney Announces Charges Against Co-Director Of Think Tank For Acting As An Unregistered Foreign Agent, Trafficking In Arms, Violating U.S. Sanctions Against Iran, And Making False Statements To Federal Agents
https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr/us ... registered
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Never a good thing when the spaghetti chart with names and amounts comes out....
Biden1.jpg
Biden1.jpg (88.86 KiB) Viewed 2941 times
Biden2.jpg
Biden2.jpg (83.84 KiB) Viewed 2941 times
skidogg
Poster Child Poster

Post by skidogg »

i though joe was president
fast is cool.
Faster is cooler. bring back the dis