Biden Presidency

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Bubba
Site Admin

Re: Biden Presidency

Post by Bubba »

Mister Moose wrote: Sep 16th, '23, 10:15 Never a good thing when the spaghetti chart with names and amounts comes out....

Biden1.jpg
Biden2.jpg
"The Bidens"? "Biden Family"? You should know better than that. :roll:
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Low Rider
Black Carver

Post by Low Rider »

Now do Saudi Arabia and the Trump clan
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

Low Rider wrote: Sep 16th, '23, 11:13 Now do Saudi Arabia and the Trump clan
Or China and Ivanka

Trump voters are the biggest hypocrites on the planet. They just watched him profit off his (now former)hotel practically adjacent to the Whitehouse for 4 years, house secret service in his numerous other hotels and flat out refuse to put his business in a blind trust as is customary of all Presidents in modern history prior.

Not a peep out of Moose and his elk. They are fine with Clarence and Ginny Thomas too

And before someone says "whataboutism" I have always been fine with investigations and appropriate penalties for any politician. Clinton, Biden, I don't care who.

But Republicans? Only Democrats are corrupt.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Mister Moose wrote: Sep 16th, '23, 10:15 Never a good thing when the spaghetti chart with names and amounts comes out....
Is any of this new? Have they discovered any evidence that Joe Biden was actually involved or received any of these funds? Did any of these payments actually violate any laws?

Meanwhile we *know* Trump's son-in-law got billions from the Saudis after being directly involved with foreign policy issues relating to them while serving in the White House. Where's the spaghetti chart on that? Wait, you don't need one - it's just a straight line.

Investigate them all, I say. Nobody should get a pass. But I have real trouble with the hypocrisy - you're enabling corruption when you point it out in one party but ignore it in your own.
Fancypants
Black Carver

Post by Fancypants »

easyrider16 wrote: Sep 16th, '23, 16:02
Is any of this new? Have they discovered any evidence that Joe Biden was actually involved or received any of these funds? Did any of these payments actually violate any laws?

Meanwhile we *know* Trump's son-in-law got billions from the Saudis after being directly involved with foreign policy issues relating to them while serving in the White House. Where's the spaghetti chart on that? Wait, you don't need one - it's just a straight line.

Investigate them all, I say. Nobody should get a pass. But I have real trouble with the hypocrisy - you're enabling corruption when you point it out in one party but ignore it in your own.
My friend, you are the definition of hypocrisy, suggest you take a look in a mirror and reflect.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

How so? Have I ever suggested Joe or Hunter Biden shouldn't be investigated? Seems to me there is plenty there to justify an investigation. Just as there was plenty to justify investigation into Trump and his cronies. Is that not consistent?

I'm pretty sure I've even said it's likely that Biden got money and favors from wealthy people while in office. Unfortunately, just like with Kuschner's Saudi money, a lot of the time these payments don't technically violate the law. With Hunter, I've yet to see Any evidence that any payments he received actually violated the law. Right now he's being prosecuted for gun charges, drugs, and tax evasion, none of which seems to implicate his father.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

While there are certain liberal voters who will carry Democrat politicians water and claim witch hunts in regards to investigations; it isn't even close to what we see on the Republican side with the defense of Trump and his circle.

Go right ahead and investigate Clinton, Hunter, Joe, Kamala; investigate any of these politicians you want. If they did something wrong, throw them in jail.

Why is this so difficult for Republicans to do and say with Trump?

Oh right, party over country. FancyPants, Moose and others all running cover for Trump because it matters that badly to them that team red wins. They'll vote for a strait up traitor to the constitution.
easyrider16

Post by easyrider16 »

Agreed. I never wanted Biden as President. He's not who I would have picked. I voted for him as the lesser of two evils.

What I find annoying about this Hunter Biden stuff is that these alleged transactions are nearly ten years old. Trump's justice department had four years to investigate and turned up nothing rising to a criminal offense relating to Joe Biden. Unless we are talking about new evidence, this seems to be a stale case as it relates to the current President. They likely don't even have the votes to impeach in Congress, let alone the Senate, which makes this a giant nothingburger, political theater, and a waste of time for Congress.
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

daytripper wrote: Jun 28th, '23, 09:05 So Biden just told reporters that Putin is losing the war in Iraq. There should be an age limit on running for president. Make it 75 and we don't have trump or Biden in the upcoming election.
For his part, Trump now claims he's leading Obama in the polls "by a lot" and Biden will lead the US into WWII.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Coydog wrote: Sep 18th, '23, 11:33
daytripper wrote: Jun 28th, '23, 09:05 So Biden just told reporters that Putin is losing the war in Iraq. There should be an age limit on running for president. Make it 75 and we don't have trump or Biden in the upcoming election.
For his part, Trump now claims he's leading Obama in the polls "by a lot" and Biden will lead the US into WWII.
Well, at least he didn’t say that if he were president we’d have won WW II…
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

deadheadskier wrote: Sep 18th, '23, 08:39 While there are certain liberal voters who will carry Democrat politicians water and claim witch hunts in regards to investigations; it isn't even close to what we see on the Republican side with the defense of Trump and his circle.

Go right ahead and investigate Clinton, Hunter, Joe, Kamala; investigate any of these politicians you want. If they did something wrong, throw them in jail.

Why is this so difficult for Republicans to do and say with Trump?

Oh right, party over country. FancyPants, Moose and others all running cover for Trump because it matters that badly to them that team red wins. They'll vote for a strait up traitor to the constitution.
For Chrissakes, stop putting words in my mouth. Can you EVER stop trolling? I run no cover for Trump. If he's investigated and found guilty, strip him of eligibility and or throw him in jail. However so far, all that's happened is a giant accusation in Russia-gate that turned out to be a partisan hoax, and 91 charges in however many indictments. It's silly. Just the number alone indicates desperation. Focus on the core charges. As I've always said, I'll wait for the process and the testimony.

Name me one other politician that was investigated by the FBI, was the indirect subject of a court order for surveillance on bogus contrived evidence, and was excoriated in the press for it, and it all fell apart as a hack job.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

So the Spaghetti Chart for Biden is somehow more concerning to you than all that surrounds Trump right now?

How come for four years you never uttered a word about the Trump family's sketchy ties to foreign money? Second time asking about that.

Ok maybe you aren't carrying water for Trump, but you have no problem with those that continue to do so and it's pretty damn obvious you don't want to see any spilled.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Bubba wrote: Sep 16th, '23, 10:27 "The Bidens"? "Biden Family"? You should know better than that. :roll:
I was commenting on and sharing the spaghetti chart. I didn't create the spaghetti chart. There was an unwritten comparison to the EB5 Jay Peak fiasco which I would think you'd have picked up on. And your comment indicates there is no connection, but it isn't over yet. Let's revisit your comment in 2 years.
deadheadskier wrote: Sep 16th, '23, 13:00 Trump voters are the biggest hypocrites on the planet. They just watched him profit off his (now former)hotel practically adjacent to the Whitehouse for 4 years, house secret service in his numerous other hotels and flat out refuse to put his business in a blind trust as is customary of all Presidents in modern history prior.

Not a peep out of Moose and his elk. They are fine with Clarence and Ginny Thomas too

And before someone says "whataboutism" I have always been fine with investigations and appropriate penalties for any politician. Clinton, Biden, I don't care who.

But Republicans? Only Democrats are corrupt.
First off, I'm not an elk.

I really am not concerned with whatever hotel bill someone ran up in Trump's hotel. Just like I'm not concerned with the high costs the Secret Service paid to rent housing on the Clinton Chappaqua compound. Well, It's not a good look in either case, but in the grand scheme of things it's small potatoes.
easyrider16 wrote: Sep 16th, '23, 16:02

I agree, that Kurshner-Saudi deal stank. I'd have liked to see way more bright light thrown on it. And laws drawn up to prohibit it for 5 years after office. (Kirshner didn't get "billions" from the Saudis, it wasn't a payment, he got control of investing their billions. Big difference. Yes, he would have earned commissions and fees from managing those investments)

However, on the current Biden accusations and comparisons:

▲Saudi Arabia is not a world power like China or Russia. Sure, we never got a very good explanation on the whole 9-11 connection, and they are no angel. There is very likely some classified aspects of the US-Saudi relationship we just don't know about.
▲Russia is an adversary, and there are millions in payments headed to the Biden family from Russia.
▲China is both a military threat and an economic threat, and there are multiple large payments to the Bidens from China.
▲Biden is on video bragging about withholding foreign aid to get a prosecutor fired, (prosecuting for corruption the very company employing Bidens son) whereas Trump tried to leverage foreign aid to get Biden's son's large employment payments in that company exposed.
▲Trump has no business associates testifying on direct involvement and payments that were known to be routed to Trump. Biden does.
▲There is no quote referencing Trump getting paid as "The big guy" or equivalent from family payments from foreign nationals.
▲We know Trump came to office with billions. How did Biden make his multi million fortune from a Senate salary? Where is the press curiosity on any of this?
▲Trump did not join in on dozens of phone calls as President to his family's foreign business meetings resulting in these large payments.

I'll bet that spaghetti map is going to get bigger, not smaller.

I no longer buy into the whole "too important to go to jail" argument floated because it would damage our democracy; that persecution of political enemies leads to downfall. Downfall comes faster from government corruption becoming so entrenched it is protected.
deadheadskier wrote: Sep 18th, '23, 20:18 So the Spaghetti Chart for Biden is somehow more concerning to you than all that surrounds Trump right now?

How come for four years you never uttered a word about the Trump family's sketchy ties to foreign money? Second time asking about that.

Ok maybe you aren't carrying water for Trump, but you have no problem with those that continue to do so and it's pretty damn obvious you don't want to see any spilled.
Sorry, I'm just not going to comment on every transgression by either party. You seem to think that I need to comment on everything, or else I'm somehow biased. I usually post when I have a contrasting opinion, not just to echo everyone else. And I'm not aware of that many transgressions of the Trump family that rise to the level of millions in direct payments from Russia or China. Care to list them?

Are you referring to Trump's 90 odd charges? Yes, I do see those as less concerning. Many are exceedingly thin. I'm least familiar with the Georgia indictments, so I'll let those chips fall further.
Last edited by Mister Moose on Sep 18th, '23, 20:58, edited 1 time in total.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

If you want to not show bias, why are you consistently defending Trump, right here, right now? Curious strategy

Only Georgia is worth looking into? Okay.......
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

deadheadskier wrote: Sep 18th, '23, 20:57 If you want to not show bias, why are you consistently defending Trump, right here, right now? Curious strategy

Only Georgia is worth looking into? Okay.......
What? Of course I lean right. Is that what you mean by bias? I want more border control. I want balanced trade with China. I want less Federal interference in schools and support parental participation in local school boards. I want balanced budgets and reduced debt (Yes, both parties are guilty, I'll save you the trouble of jumping on that bandwagon) I want Election DAY, not Election Month. I don't interpret the 2nd amendment to mean only state militias can bear arms, or that they have to be muskets. I don't support the defunding of police. I support equal opportunity, not equal outcomes. I prefer the attention on healthcare to be on lowering costs and mandating billing transparency, charges and rates published. Doctors charging different amounts to different providers should be illegal. Health care is not a right, nor is housing, food, employment, a cell phone, cable TV, or a car.

I defend, more accurately agree with, Trump's policies, (Well, most of them) not Trump.

Did I say "Only Georgia is worth looking into?" You sure do have trouble with the quote function.