Sat Nov 4

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

rogman
Postinator

Sat Nov 4

Post by rogman »

Still no report on day 2? Definitely lame. I’ll step into the breach, but not much to report. Got out about 1. Hiked down. A bit more energetic than day 1, but I’m def not in peak walkway shape. The warm weather had bumped things up and my legs were barking before I clicked in. Shut up, legs.

It’s been a while since I did an early season afternoon shift on a Saturday. It’s an acquired taste. Lots of peeps far younger than me flying off bumps from all directions. Still far less dangerous than yesterday, though. No incel kamakazes, afaik.

Lines were short, but it didn’t matter. The NR4 was reliably delivering another four passengers every 10 seconds or so; lower Rime, a bumpy obstacle course was a bit “scattered”. I didn’t stay long: head on s swivel skiing gets old fast. Live to ski another day.
GSKI
Powderhound

Re: Sat Nov 4

Post by GSKI »

Smart man for bailing! When you have been sking for decades you know you luck will run out because it does not take skill for gravity for to make a skier or boarder a threat. You judge the conditions and the crowds and make a calculated determination that there is risk that is not equal to the reward. One bad hit from behind and it's season over possibly longer!
RustyK
Whipping Post

Re: Sat Nov 4

Post by RustyK »

Good day. Out at the bell with skiergirl. Surprisingly lighter than expected for a Saturday. 10 runs and done.

Peak bar had a few peeps there. Went to the base to see that the bar was closed. very light crowd.
Where is Happy Hour ?