Expansion

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

iRock
Bumper

Re: Expansion

Post by iRock »

You'd have to be a real asshole to write to a resort GM this time of year period...let alone complain about something I'm sure they're already 1000% aware of.... let alone have nothing constructive to say.
trees, steeps, and yan lifts
that's why I ski DA BEAST
buckethead
Slalom Racer

Post by buckethead »

^^ aware but unwilling to own up to.

a week's worth of doubling down "heyo! you can now ski to the north ridge" is a good way to lose goodwill. with assholes and non-assholes alike.

glad to see ttb...even as weather could make for ugly conditions.
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Posted by killington at 6pm

We are now open top to bottom! Cheers to everyone who earned their early season turns using the Peak Walkway.

#Beast365 #Killington
Where is Happy Hour ?
SPORE
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by SPORE »

iRock wrote: Nov 21st, '23, 18:40 You'd have to be a real asshole to write to a resort GM this time of year period...let alone complain about something I'm sure they're already 1000% aware of.... let alone have nothing constructive to say.
You’d also have to be a real asshole to blatantly lie to your season pass holders through your snow report for a week. Guess it’s a draw, email away.
wtf021
Blue Chatterbox

Post by wtf021 »

SlowChick wrote: Nov 21st, '23, 00:24
DrJeff wrote:
Big Bob wrote: Nov 20th, '23, 20:13 Loon will be open on Wendesday, I am assuming top to bottom from North Peak to the Octagon base. Gondola will be running with no downloading. Interesting concept...
As a Mount Snow regular, I saw and have experienced 1st hand now 4 or 5 seasons ago what a MEGA upgrade in pumping capacity combined with an annual serious investment in new snowguns annually means when they brought their West Lake Project on line.

You are likely going to see some BIG things from Sunday River this year now that their multi year upgrade project to get WAY more water out towards Jordan Bowl is now done.. The same guy who engineered the Mount Snow project, Brendan Ryan, after a few years while still an employee of Peak Resorts oversaw also the big (for them) upgrades at Wildcat before he jumped ship to Boyne after Vail chose not to keep various Peak folks on (they lost some quality talent often over their lack of diversity status if one is being truthful), and now his big vision (for now) at Sunday River is a reality. For him to do the equivalent for K's snowmaking MASSIVE system proportionality wise what he did at Mount Snow, Wildcat and now Sunday River, may literally be an investment nearing 50 million over 2-5yrs.... time and $$ will tell
So sick of this K-Zone chatter crap. If you can’t climb up, you can’t handle North Ridge. It’s not even Thanksgiving. Please ski elsewhere with your passes. Killington has been outstanding. Kudos to Mike and his OUTSTANDING team. They are awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It sounds like one of the moderators from the Killington "Locals" Facebook took a wrong turn and wound up here.
easyrider16
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by easyrider16 »

RustyK wrote: Nov 21st, '23, 19:11 Posted by killington at 6pm

We are now open top to bottom! Cheers to everyone who earned their early season turns using the Peak Walkway.

#Beast365 #Killington
Damn, now what are we going to complain about?
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

easyrider16 wrote: Nov 22nd, '23, 08:33
RustyK wrote: Nov 21st, '23, 19:11 Posted by killington at 6pm

#Beast365 #Killington
Damn, now what are we going to complain about?
viewtopic.php?p=692697#p692697
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA - 31

Ski Visits in VT -12

Ski Visits in NY - 1

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

Next snow making window appears to start around Friday morning. Snowdon is not at all ready. Nothing on Upper Bunny except what nature gifted us. A little made on Mouse Run. Lower Bunny has some whales at the bottom but no other snow making. Nothing on GN from K1 down to the Bubble, let alone down to Ramshead. This weekend is shaping up to be a world class debacle. Hope they can pull a rabbit out of their hat on this one. They’ve made far less progress than I expected. Little more than the route down GN to Middle Chute to Lower Bunny.
Low Rider
Black Carver

Post by Low Rider »

rogman wrote: Nov 22nd, '23, 13:00 Next snow making window appears to start around Friday morning. Snowdon is not at all ready. Nothing on Upper Bunny except what nature gifted us. A little made on Mouse Run. Lower Bunny has some whales at the bottom but no other snow making. Nothing on GN from K1 down to the Bubble, let alone down to Ramshead. This weekend is shaping up to be a world class debacle. Hope they can pull a rabbit out of their hat on this one. They’ve made far less progress than I expected. Little more than the route down GN to Middle Chute to Lower Bunny.
Lets face it - snowmaking for world cup obviously is the priority. Opening terrain for the general public is an afterthought.

I go to World Cup and enjoy it, and I don't bother trying to ski with all the chaos, but it would have been nice to see a little bit more balance in the snowmaking and have been able to go top to bottom the past few days.

I think so long as we continue to host World Cup (or they significantly expand their snowmaking capabilities) that this will be the norm. This was not a particularly warm November so relying on mother nature is not going to offer much.

It is nice we have the stairs which should allow them to be the first to open, but once others come online it is pretty clear we are not the king of early season anymore... which is disappointing considering the premium we pay for season passes as compared to Epic and Ikon passes.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

wound up riding the box w a bunch of folks involved in building different aspects of the actual WC course. asked about how much snow is needed. said the minimum requirement is 4 ft and the average depth on supe right now is between 4-8 ft with deeper sections on the starting areas.

anyway you slice it, throw skye lark into the mix - that's a tremendous amount of snow. then throw in what they've made on our ttb run and the NR pod - no one in the east even comes closes. it's like comparing apples and kumquats.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

Kind of galling to hear Killington talk about how they lose money on the World Cup on the one hand, and then shortchange the customers making up the shortfall on the other. They need 8 feet of snow in November for a ski race? Has anyone stopped to think about how ridiculous that is? I’d like to see the engineering analysis that justifies that number, because it sure sounds like complete BS to me.
buckethead
Slalom Racer

Post by buckethead »

early of not, other mtns beckon. openings friday saturday have me stoked for legit t2b options. i've come to appreciate the smaller jiminy peak more and more every year. steep and excellent at intense snowmaking - on public trails no less!
had some really great nites/days there last year.
my season's first pow day to boot - before they could groom it!

gotta believe k has identified that the marketing aspect brings in brand recognition and selection by vacationers. plus TV dollars...
i can't imagine they actually lose anything.

(besides street cred.)
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

Superstar will "open to the public on Dec 8" . . According to the latest "Howdy Beast"
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

And they say this like it's a good thing
allskiing1
Beginner On Rentals

Post by allskiing1 »

ski wrote:Superstar will "open to the public on Dec 8" . . According to the latest "Howdy Beast"
That said it will still be rock hard until some decent amount of natural falls on it.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk