monday 11/27 report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

monday 11/27 report

Post by skiadikt »

ding, ding, ding! we have a winner! a reported 7" of good base building snow. lighter higher up - just what the doctor ordered. fog was an issue from the NR up but best day of the season by far. 9-12:30 shift.

everything skied great. maybe lower chute went through a brief period where it was a bit chunky. a number of ropes were dropped and if they weren't dropped, lots of folks took the law into their own hands (there were even tracks on lower o). first day of the season where i can really call rotds. gonna give the nod to the upper snowdon nats - full house and upper flush. but upper bunny, mouse run and trap skied very well w trap developing some bumps. everything in the NR good. though skied in when we got there, ridge run and powerline were fun.

only issue was the rfid gates (though moved) not ready to go, so they had to hand scan at the bubble. the gates moved back will ultimately be a positive.

moving ahead, at least highline and caper were wired and suspect/hope they'll go on-line tonite.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Re: monday 11/27 report

Post by newpylong1 »

Lower O, that's intense. Maybe someone snuck on the SS chair w/the course crew or went for a lonely trek across Launchpad lol.
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

skiadikt wrote: Nov 27th, '23, 14:04
only issue was the rfid gates (though moved) not ready to go, so they had to hand scan at the bubble.
They were scanning ?
Free skiing today at the bubble :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

newpylong1 wrote:Lower O, that's intense. Maybe someone snuck on the SS chair w/the course crew or went for a lonely trek across Launchpad lol.
Intense and stupid. Such a blatant poach. Also, recall the young kid who broke his back on an early season Lower O poach a few years ago?
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

Yep, darwinism at it's finest.
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

What f***ing moron would poach Lower O? It's the steepest one of the rockiest trails on the entire mountain. Even when they drop the rope on natural, I've always hit rocks on it. It needs snowmaking to be good.
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Afternoon Report: Save me some time typing and check out SA report above; not much to add or change.

ROTD: Ridge Run. Lapped it 6 times or so. Even Lower Ridge Run was good with some wind refresh on the first flat part; not as good after the bend to the right and then scary at the right hand exit turn back to the chair. A bit of wind refresh going on on Upper Ridge Run in places. Visibility was fine in the afternoon.

Upper Double Dip decent but wished they didn't leave the guns/hoses on the left. It wouldn't have taken them long to pull these 5 small guns back and give us that nice nat run [and woulda been easier for them to pull them back before the storm buried them].

All of Snowdon except Lower Chute [see yesterday's post] was excellent. Gonna give Snowdon ROTD to Upper Bunny -> Mouse Trap. Bunny very skiable off piste right and longer run than Upper Flush or Full House.

Not sure why Upper Chute wasn't open. Lots of tracks [and some herbs losing equipment] on it. Lots and lots of tracks on Superstar as well.

What happened to "race training" on Supe Pod? Looked like any racers just skied the pow.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!