Saturday December 02, 2023 Report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Saturday December 02, 2023 Report

Post by Captain Hafski »

No - I'm not out there yet. Just thought I'd start today's thread with the official K Snow Report and then see what follows from reality. Here goes:

First of all, 0" last 24 hours. OK, agree with that. Translation: It reigned for many hours last evening and didn't snow. Let's see how they explain this in their report.

Today's Forecast: Light snow with a high of 29. Tormorrow high of 29. Hmmmm, not exactly what the report states.

Good Morning Beast Fans. We had an awesome week [OK - agree with that] to wrap up November [believe that was two days ago] skiing here at K. Temps are forecasted to hover above freezing through the weekend so all this recent [how many days ago?] snowfall should soften up and make for spring-like conditions, especially later in the day. Today will be overcast for the majority of today with temps breaking 40 degrees in the afternoon. Snow conditions may be a bit firm for a short period this morning, but our grooming team put down some fresh corduroy on Chute, Mouse Run, Bunny Buster and more, so the surface should be nice and smooth [OK - agree with that, but probably not what they are trying to promise] to start the day.

Can't wait for the reports to come in !
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
liv4ski
Bumper

Re: Saturday December 02, 2023 Report

Post by liv4ski »

Jiminy is hero snow.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

The NCP did less damage than expected. Northstar, Full House, Upper Flush still skiable. Upper chute lower half is cooked, stay left. Still open, but def rock skis. Didn’t get to Vagabond or NR. Four killed it, BTW. Early exit today, back to the Cape for a couple.
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

Good to be skiing natty trails early December

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Out at 11 on the bubble. Good soft snow. Crowds not bad.

Laps on west glade were nice. Northstar and vagabond good.

Few laps with Pedro’s crew. Lots of track in the woods, but not ready.

1:30 at the K1 bar with a few peeps there.

Better day than expected.
IMG_0471.jpeg
IMG_0471.jpeg (708.47 KiB) Viewed 652 times
Where is Happy Hour ?
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Afternoon Report: Better than expected. Piss poor visibility but decent snow conditions. Nats are on life support.

Re: The K Snow Report for today, not too far off except the temperature discrepancy [above / below freezing?]. I see again today [Sunday] that their report shows the temp is 26 degress at K1 lodge 11:00 yet the written report states temps will remain above freezing. This is something that should be easy to get right.

Caper good but couldn't see very well. Went straight up to North Ridge where we found better viz. Ridge Run [ROTD] still good butt ain't gonna last very long. Rime bumps best they've been maybe all season with a third line now forming to the right of the deep trough one. UEF very good until it joins with Rime and the lights go out.

Mouse Trap good butt the entrance sucks. They have to do something about where they have the current fence shuffling peeps through the tunnel. You have to stay right of this to get to Mouse Trap and there is no snow there. If you stay hard right, it's a bit better but if you stay right and take that short chute down into the Trap, there is absolutely no snow there. North Star very good top half, but have to pick your way down from there.Other 'groomed' Snowdon runs really good except for for the fog.

Good Happy Hour at the Baja !
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!