monday 12/4 report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

monday 12/4 report

Post by skiadikt »

hopefully my days at the "orphanage" are over. nice welcome back. the new best day of the season. received a shipment of 7" of grade AAA base building snow direct from the sieras. yeah the heavy stuff. everything filled in nicely. foggy, rather warm and it started to snow by late morning. good sized crowd chomping at the bit at the open. 9-1 shift.

think we were first down vagabond. definitely not blower :lol: . the big news was the "decriminalization" of the canyon. cascade, downdraft, escapade and royal flush all open and skiing great. feel bad for those who took the hit last week. anyway will call escapade rotd. beautiful. the upper sections of the others were equally good but the lower sections particularly on cascade got chewed up quickly w avoidable rocks poking through. tipped our helmets to our beloved tyrolean as we skied the HW - one of her favorites.

ridge run filled in nicely and featured the best bumps i've skied this season. upper dipper liftline also a highlight up there. upper snowdon runs excellent. northstar another winner though lower you had to avoid stuff.

hard to find a bad turn in the place as everything was nice and soft. unfortunately do expect things to set up overnight, so it was get it while you can.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
MrsG
Whipping Post

Re: monday 12/4 report

Post by MrsG »

Damn you skiadikt, you made me sniffle🥰. Nice writeup!
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Great day , everything skied great but the reported 7” was only at the peak and the rest skied like 4-5” to me but nothing to complain about , great challenging but rewarding skiing today and just glad to be able to enjoy it!
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

The Atomic 40 is back baby! Great to see you in the lodge.

Got out at 10 on the bubble for a few warm ups.

Got the word from skiadict that cascade was open.
Up to the top to lap west glade and met up with some others to hit cascade, escapade. Very nice.
Killington was back!

Lower royal flush was Skiergirls favorite. As was power line.

Downdraft stellar. Hard to believe it was all natural.

Great day!
IMG_0477.jpeg
IMG_0477.jpeg (1.06 MiB) Viewed 1098 times
Where is Happy Hour ?
Bumper

Post by 180 »

You know its a good day when you get to lower Down Draft and it looks like this....
Attachments
DD.jpg
DD.jpg (350.14 KiB) Viewed 1014 times
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

#jealous

thanks for the reports and pics y'all

I'll be in VT this weekend. Okemo on Friday Stowe on Saturday and Killington on Sunday. Annual Advisors trip for Classic Ski Tours. This will be the 15th year in a row that I'll be starting my season in VT. Some years its ok, some years it sucks, and some years its great. Seems like the needle is leaning towards great but not all the way there.
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA
Roundtop: 12/22,12/23, 1/8, 1/13, 1/14, 1/17 LR, 1/18 LR, 1/19, 1/20, 1/21, 1//22 LR, 1/23 LR, 1/26, 1/29 LR, 2/2 LR, 2/3, 2/4, 2/7 LR, 2/8, 2/9, 2/10, 2/11, 2/15, 2/16 LR, 2/17, 2/18, 2/19 LR, 2/21 LR, 3/8 LR, 3/9, 3/10

Ski Visits in VT
Okemo: 12/8, 2/29, 3/1, 3/2, 3/18
Stowe: 12/9
Killington: 12/10, 2/25, 2/26, 2/27, 3/16, 3/17

Ski Visits in NY
Hunter: 3/15

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Afternoon Report: Very nice ! Glad to have the Canyon runs finally opened.

ROTD: Escapade -> Cascade. Escapade was perfect and I thought Lower Cascade was the best of the three that got you all the way down.

Upper Cascade not as skied in, nor as good, as Escapade but that was a tough act to follow. Lower Downdraft was special but challenging at the bottom where it dumps into the other "DD". Royal Flush was pretty sweet all the way down.

As SA posted, Ridge Run was as good as it gets. Several laps on this. Rest of NR area all good.

Didn't ski all of the Snowdon runs as felt it was much better up top and/or in the Canyon. Gotta believe the new snow helped Vagabond and North Star out. Upper Royal was great and also very good down through Mouse Trap and Lower Chute. New snow has temporarily fixed up the new Mouse Trap entrance.

All Good - Butt, probably going to the Bush today [Tuesday]. Looks like they opened up most of the rest of the "Gadd Peak" terrain.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!