wednesday 12/6 report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

wednesday 12/6 report

Post by skiadikt »

greeted by rainbows driving up the road before the bell. unfortunately turned into yet another grey day as a veil of fog quickly draped the mtn. groomers better today. some of the ungroomed trails can use a refresh. 9-11:30 shift.

the canyon was closed today so limited to snowdon & NR. guns were running on the runout so apparently the blowout was fixed.

opened on a beautifully groomed upper bunny>trap. lower chute much better today. after that for the most part went au naturel. upper snowdon nats still some of the best skiing on the mtn. caught the rope drop on lower great bear. lots of lightly tracked heavy snow that had set up a bit made for a lot of work. returned for my last 2 runs and it was skied in enough that it skied beautifully. will call it rotd. other than LR, snowdon tree runs open. passed.

in general nats like north star, ridge run and particularly powerline are good in spots but overall rather beat. exception being the upper dipper liftline. rime flat & fast. UEF closed this week for the annual race clinic. fwiw skye lark continues to be used for kms.

snowmaking continues on LEF, highline, snowshed and upper mixing bowl and they were making snow on the runout.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
MrsG
Whipping Post

Re: wednesday 12/6 report

Post by MrsG »

Thought today great - nice to see you and your crew skiadkt!
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Afternoon Report: Better than yesterday at any rate.

Though there was some come and go fog up top, visibility was fine. Cascade HW pretty good. Lower Rime bumps still OK with that third line in play. Not impressed with Ridge Run.

Thanx for skiing in Lower Great Bear!. Upper Chute -Great Bear was ROTD for sure. Other than that I thought North Star was for some reason better than yesterday. I had hoped for a late day soft opening of Highline but it didn't happen.

Snowmaking was Off on LEF; perhaps it's done. Butt there were a coupla guns on the K1 Schlog trail ! Not to mention the tubing park.

Suck having all that good snow in the canyon just sitting there. WTF.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

Suney day at Loon. I could see the cloude enveloping the Green Mnts to the west. Just a few over the higher peaks of NH, rockpile was visible however.
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22