Thursday, 12/07/2023 Report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Thursday, 12/07/2023 Report

Post by Captain Hafski »

Afternoon Report: Well, that's more like it ! Decent amount of "expansion" with a good bit of the Supe pod coming on line as well as Highline and Conclusion on Snowdon. Butt, not sure why Canyon runs are still closed. I guess we gotta wait until the deluge Sunday and follow on freeze up to get back on them.

ROTD: Highline. A tough pick for ROTD being a snowmaking trail with several nat options around. Butt, this was the first really good blow this season that took advantage of the cold weather past few days. I was initially concerned that the steep backsides of the whales were gonna be that yellow glare ice but was pleasantly surprised that they were close to silky. Nice line down the left side, decent w/ less cover on the right, and pretty damn good right down the middle. Lapped it 4 or 5 times.

For the Superstar opening, they also opened Middle O [and the HW], Old Superstar, and Skye Hawk in addition to Supe and Skye Lark. The three nat trails were spectacular with Skye Hawk being my favorite. Nice having Middle O, or the Old Supe -> Middle O combo in play to minimize the time on the World Cup surface. And, they even had the far left line on Supe open [just below the Middle O exit onto Superstar under the lift]. So, could mostly ski a natural, ungroomed trail for most of the lift served vertical. BTW - The groomed Supe and Skye Lark were pretty good themselves [very edgeable].

Icing on the cake was opening up one of my faves, Conclusion. Very good cover and just starting to get skied in.

Great Bear and North Star still decent though showing their age.

Great Day
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
asher2789
Double Diamond Skidder

Re: Thursday, 12/07/2023 Report

Post by asher2789 »

later, for god knows what reason, they closed middle O and the part under the superstar lift after the runout from middle O (which tbh i was surprised that was open in the first place).

i guess its easier to put up a rope than it is to put up padding on the wooden post on middle O? f*** ridiculous.