Expansion

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Re: Expansion

Post by Captain Hafski »

Just don't get caught poaching the Yodeler Woods.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

snoloco wrote: Dec 8th, '23, 09:58
skiadikt wrote: Dec 8th, '23, 07:48
MrsG wrote: Dec 8th, '23, 07:22 Snowshed quad scheduled to open today. Good for shuttle riders! However, it appears you can get to Superstar using Highlander, but no return route unless you go to Ramshead and walk through tunnel! Am I reading that right?
guess so for now until they get learn-to-ski and/or bittersweet open.
The report seems to imply that Learn-To-Ski opens at 10, presumably after additional grooming.
yes LTS was open.

snowmaking was continuing on bittersweet, GN down to NR, the runout and LS. when i left just after 1, surprised to see them still running on bitter & LTS at 33 degrees. had heard 26 WB was the cutoff. clearly they're pushing to get both for the weekend. canyon chairs had been shoveled and was running (not open).

despite the hiccups, the mtn has done a good job getting a lot of terrain open. 3 new lifts for this weekend. and sking around you take for granted all the connective tissue they have to cover - runout, spillway, launch pad, LTS and highlander.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

Post by Southside_Bobby »

skiadikt wrote: Dec 8th, '23, 14:51 and sking around you take for granted all the connective tissue they have to cover - runout, spillway, launch pad, LTS and highlander.
That's kind of the whole problem at K, when it comes to expansion.

It's an expensive pass, which for many is justified by how big, varied and spread out the place is. But most would not list Skyeburst, Bearly, Falls Brook, Caper, or the run out as their favorite trail choices for those pods.

It's not great when you're two months into the season before they're blowing OL or Cascade.
2014 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift shouldn't be."
2019 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift (operating midweek) shouldn't be."
2023 - Killington announces that the South Ridge lift will run five days a week.
2024 - Killington lied.
wtf021
Blue Chatterbox

Post by wtf021 »

There are 7 rental compressors waiting for pickup in the upper Snowshed parking lot.
Attachments
IMG_9951.jpeg
IMG_9951.jpeg (750.75 KiB) Viewed 5986 times
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

Different vendors this year, no Doosan. Interesting.
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Looking ahead to Monday, is there a "reduction" thread on this board?
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

Post by Southside_Bobby »

Xmas holiday week begins in two weeks. Fourteen days.

It seems to me that this is the major benchmark - What is open by Xmas?

1) What is open Xmas week, compared to the average season?
2) What % of terrain is open that week, compared to other mountains? (No, pointing out that they have more terrain to cover doesn't cut it. What good is having more terrain, if you aren't capable of covering it?)

#1 can be blamed on weather. #2 cannot.
2014 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift shouldn't be."
2019 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift (operating midweek) shouldn't be."
2023 - Killington announces that the South Ridge lift will run five days a week.
2024 - Killington lied.
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

Oh I'm sure Bear will just be opening by then and the Sunrise owners and Stage I will get porked for the 20th year in a row.
Ridevt
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Ridevt »

Easy Street had guns put in place overnight
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

Guns also staged on Bittersweet, High Road, and Northbrook Trail. They were also testing the Northbrook Quad and Stage 2. If those all come online, then that will be a lot of new terrain for next weekend.

I hope they can find time to hit the rest of Snowdon soon. With the park on Mouse Run, Upper Bunny is the only trail for everyone else. We need Full House and Upper Chute.
Eddytheyetti
Green Skidder

Post by Eddytheyetti »

Bear Trax is also wired from launchpad. Hopefully we get it enough snow tonight they don’t need refresh anything. Lots of brown spots poking through right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

snoloco wrote: Dec 10th, '23, 15:03 Guns also staged on Bittersweet, High Road, and Northbrook Trail. They were also testing the Northbrook Quad and Stage 2. If those all come online, then that will be a lot of new terrain for next weekend.

I hope they can find time to hit the rest of Snowdon soon. With the park on Mouse Run, Upper Bunny is the only trail for everyone else. We need Full House and Upper Chute.
they've already had the guns running on bittersweet for a day and overnight. shouldn't take much. high road & cruise should be the next major targets to get needles open. unfortunately weather window this week is short as yet another thaw moves in friday but hopefully enough to get it done.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

newpylong1 wrote: Dec 8th, '23, 15:49 Different vendors this year, no Doosan. Interesting.
Out of town Cat dealer? Stowers?

NWS Forecast calling for 12-20" at elevation after some r*in.
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
wtf021
Blue Chatterbox

Post by wtf021 »

newpylong1 wrote: Dec 8th, '23, 15:49 Different vendors this year, no Doosan. Interesting.
The season long rentals parked on the pads at Snowshed are the normal Doosans.
iRock
Bumper

Post by iRock »

There's 6-12" of base glop coming tonight on top of what will be some (if inconsequential) natural left... followed by a week of cold... seems like a decent setup for Christmas week compared to the many worse outcomes that have happened over the years.
trees, steeps, and yan lifts
that's why I ski DA BEAST